LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

If you could acquire one player and make them a 49er...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You should compare the 2 @ San Diego...that is a paramount aspect to an offense that people conveniently forget about. Its like they believe everything is like John Madden football...just plug guys in and BOOM...chemistry. Can't do that...Rodgers and those receivers are in tune like only guys who have been together 7 years can be. For people to still think Rodgers can come here and do the same or that the situations are similar shows the lack of true football IQ within some of these fans. Its quite laughable actually.
Well, while Aaron Rodgers would be an easy answer (and definitely someone on the short list), I would like to try some other options:

Revis is an obvious one as well, Asomugha could be a cautionary tale, but I think he is just mishandled in Philly, so I would have confidence we could use Revis just as well as the Jets do.

Some with the versatility of Polamalu or Ed Reed at safety would be nice, but those two get dinged up a lot. Unsure about those.

Calvin Johnson would be fun, especially as a red zone target.

But I have some dark horses as well, which would be unconventional choices, but where I would they could really be interesting:

Another pass rusher á la Demarcus Ware or Terrell Suggs. Yeah, we have a good pass rush now, so those would be a luxury, but think if we would have Ware or Suggs in addition to all of our other guys: Would you not put one of those guys into the base defense instead of Haralson and could you not imagine the nightmares offensive coordinators would have about facing us? Sure, the Rodgers, Brees, Brady-led passing offenses can be scary, but even those guys cannot complete passes sitting on their asses because they got taken down And if you then think about a Ware/Suggs, Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Ahmad Brooks, Aldon Smith rotation in the Nickel packages, with the possibility of a Bowman and/or Willis blitz…

Something specific to our offense: Another TE like Jason Witten or a (healthy) Antonio Gates. Why another "luxury pick"? Because we really like the 2TE offense and Harbaugh and company get really creative in gameplanning with that set. We can run from it, but also get the TEs involved in the passing game and so opponents defenses are constantly guessing what we might do. Now imagine the 2TE set with Vernon Davis and Jason Witten. Or a supposed "run-heavy" formation with Davis, Gates/Witten and Walker, with Gore in the backfield an a single WR. Or a classic I-Form with Davis at TE and Gates/Witten as h-back (or vice versa) Don´t tell that would not be fun to watch

An elite O-Lineman like Joe Thomas. Yes, another "luxury pick", our O-Line plays well and Staley does a good job. However, Thomas is arguably the best lineman in the NFL, which is even more astounding considering the rest of his Line is not that good (aside from Alex Mack). Now I firmly believe that football is won and lost in the trenches and that an O-Line can lift up a QB tremendously. Now think if we could have Thomas together with Iupati on the left side. That would be the best pairing since Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson and would not only give Gore huge running lanes, but would allow Alex to take the snap, set his feet, scan the defense, drink a cup of coffee, pick his nose and then throw a pass. Yeah, wishful thinking, but the picture in my mind this generates is really fun
[ Edited by NoOffseason on Nov 14, 2011 at 2:32 AM ]
BTW...this is an easy answer...its Andre Johnson hands down. Plug him opposite Crabtree and force teams to pick between he and Davis...shhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiitttttt...I wouldn't want to face that week to week.
Demarcus Ware. Hands down the best defensive player in the league. Add him to our roster and our defense would be lights out. Sure Aaron Rodgers is the league's best player but what that one player would do for our defense immediately without much integrating him in inside the classroom for an instant impact. wow, this dude is a stud
Ummm...no disrespect to Ware at all...but did you see Willis today??? And you'd still call Ware the "hands down" best defensive player in the league??

Interesting.
Lord Megatron
Revis or Nnamdi. Not even close. Also, Haloti Ngata would be great as our NT.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
BTW...this is an easy answer...its Andre Johnson hands down. Plug him opposite Crabtree and force teams to pick between he and Davis...shhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiitttttt...I wouldn't want to face that week to week.

problem is Andre only plays like 3 games a year...
Revis would represent the biggest upgrade over existing talent IMO.
Originally posted by English:
Revis would represent the biggest upgrade over existing talent IMO.

Thankyou!!! Finally!

Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:

Nnamdi? lol

would rather have j. joseph
Offensively I'd go with Fitzgerald.

Defensively Polamalu.
Jim Brown
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:

Nnamdi? lol

would rather have j. joseph

Yes Nnamdi. If the Eagles would allow him to play bump and run and stop catering to Asante's cover 2 style he would still be dominant. We have a perfect defensive scheme for him.
Originally posted by King49er:
Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald

^
Share 49ersWebzone