LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Thank you Eddie for showing Jed the way

Not so sure about how much credit should go to the Uncle.
He hasn't done s**t.

I'm counting Lombardis and I only count five....which his uncle won all of them.

I'll send my gratitude if he ever wins one.
Originally posted by buck:

40%
Originally posted by KegBert:
Mad props to Jed. A franchise cannot achieve success, especially not long term, without solid ownership.

+1
IMHO, it's not realistic to compare what Jed's done vs Eddie D. It was a different game during his uncle's era...no FA, if Walsh need a player or two, Eddie went out and got 'em. It's just not that way anymore. Jed's made a lot of good moves to position the Niners to capture more SB's. And for that, he deserves the proper credit.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
He hasn't done s**t.

I'm counting Lombardis and I only count five....which his uncle won all of them.

I'm going to assume your being sarcastic.
Hmm, let's see...

Go from 6-10, to 13-3, make NFC Championship game in a span of 1 year. Go 11-4-1, make to Superbowl. Get new stadium, being built AHEAD of schedule. Host Superbowl 50.

York is the f**king s**t. Harbaugh is the f**king s**t. Baalke is the f**king s**t. Our organization is the f**kING s**t.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Jed York stayed his course when Me, you, and the NFL world was chastising his actions after he announced the firing of Dingleberry and the pending search for GM/HC. Now granted he brought it on himself when his actions did not match his words, but the fact remains we have Baalke and Harbaugh (+ staff), who are unquestionably responsible for this magical season, because of Jed York.

He got it right the 3rd time. There are teams who have ownership families who never get it right in decades of trying.

I for one thank Jed York. Because of him my every day is a bit brighter, my mood is a bit lighter, my pride in being a die hard Niners fan never stronger, my enjoyment in this entire process unprecedented (I started loving the Niners in the mid 80's), a flood of great memories all tied to a period in which the Niners were an annual powerhouse, revisited.

Personally, I am confident Harbaugh is a special coach. He is a franchise changing coach. Maybe I am setting myself up for a hard hard slap of reality, but what he's done in the last 3-4 months is nothing short of miraculous, and it's that short body of work that I hang my confidence in Harbaugh on.

I believe the Niners are on the cusp of another era of winning football, and all thanks to Jed York.

Thank you Jed.

You are misinformed as/are were many fans. Jed was not responsible for the problems in the begining, lets get the record straight. It was his father and mother who knew nothing and hired Nolan and Singletary and the regimes previous. Although he was president and annoounced Mikes hiring, if you researched it you will see that he (Scott McC-the GM) consulted with the family - meaning mom and dad and not Jed. Jed was just president in name because he was newly appointed.
It was not till the parents finally relented total control to the son and I mean total control. He did it right the first time, hire the right people, from Baalke, to Gideon to Paraag and get out of the way except to ask what do they need.

I do not blame the son for the sins of the father, I also thought many fans were quick to judge him, because jealous people judged him more as a kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He grew up around the franchise and showed smarts when he reached out to his uncle eddie for support and advice. People were quick to judge his hiring of Baalke as GM. Imagine if he and his family listened to some of the fans and sold out, the niners wouldn't be where they are at right now.

Thank goodness he is not like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder. Yet makes bold moves and sticks to his plan.

Edit: I am not misinformed about anything. Poorly worded original post though and that's my bad.

Other than that one small Dingleberry mistake Jed has owned the NFL/local politicians/organizational structure. I am a huge fan.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM ]
Jed York stayed his course when Me, you, and the NFL world was chastising his actions after he announced the firing of Dingleberry and the pending search for GM/HC. Now granted he brought it on himself when his actions did not match his words, but the fact remains we have Baalke and Harbaugh (+ staff), who are unquestionably responsible for this magical season, because of Jed York.

He got it right the 3rd time. There are teams who have ownership families who never get it right in decades of trying.

I for one thank Jed York. Because of him my every day is a bit brighter, my mood is a bit lighter, my pride in being a die hard Niners fan never stronger, my enjoyment in this entire process unprecedented (I started loving the Niners in the mid 80's), a flood of great memories all tied to a period in which the Niners were an annual powerhouse, revisited.

Personally, I am confident Harbaugh is a special coach. He is a franchise changing coach. Maybe I am setting myself up for a hard hard slap of reality, but what he's done in the last 3-4 months is nothing short of miraculous, and it's that short body of work that I hang my confidence in Harbaugh on.

I believe the Niners are on the cusp of another era of winning football, and all thanks to Jed York.

Thank you Jed.

You are misinformed as/are were many fans. Jed was not responsible for the problems in the begining, lets get the record straight. It was his father and mother who knew nothing and hired Nolan and Singletary and the regimes previous. Although he was president and annoounced Mikes hiring, if you researched it you will see that he (Scott McC-the GM) consulted with the family - meaning mom and dad and not Jed. Jed was just president in name because he was newly appointed.
It was not till the parents finally relented total control to the son and I mean total control. He did it right the first time, hire the right people, from Baalke, to Gideon to Paraag and get out of the way except to ask what do they need.

I do not blame the son for the sins of the father, I also thought many fans were quick to judge him, because jealous people judged him more as a kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He grew up around the franchise and showed smarts when he reached out to his uncle eddie for support and advice. People were quick to judge his hiring of Baalke as GM. Imagine if he and his family listened to some of the fans and sold out, the niners wouldn't be where they are at right now.

Thank goodness he is not like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder. Yet makes bold moves and sticks to his plan.

I am not misinformed about anything. You sir misread/misunderstood my post. I am very clear on the timeline and what has transpired. I was referencing Jeds proclamation that the GM search would be wide spread and then he went in house. The one and only mistake Jed has made so far was Dingleberry, which was his decision, but it led to Harbaugh so if can be forgiven as rookie mistake.

Other than that one small mistake Jed has owned the NFL/local politicians/organizational structure. I am a huge fan.

At the time there were not many people who disagreed with the Singletary hiring, a mistake nonetheless. But not one I personally faulted him for.
Don't be an ass dude. He really tried to get this ship turned around and it seems like it has worked. (crosses fingers) Be thankful that he tries....unlike some other teams in the NFL or other sports (maloofs)

He hasn't done s**t.

• buck
  • Veteran

40%

Seems a bit high, but.....
Thank you Jed for making up for the transgressions of your idiot father and mother... seriously what NFL team charges players for GATORADE. Jed had the opportunity to learn what not to do from his dad, and lean on his uncle as an advisor.

It's also telling that Jed has the right mind for the new NFL... think about the outsiders he hired, specifically Paraage Marathe who has kept this team loaded with talent and favorable contracts. Add in his confidence in Baalke to be able to land Harbaugh, just watch out. Baalkes draft stockpiling, we have a QB whisperer as a coach, and an amazing coaching staff. This success is sustainable, while other teams up north cough*seahawks are going all out for big FA's which will come crashing down in a couple of years. It's a GREAT time to be a niner fan.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Thank you Jed for making up for the transgressions of your idiot father and mother... seriously what NFL team charges players for GATORADE. Jed had the opportunity to learn what not to do from his dad, and lean on his uncle as an advisor.

It's also telling that Jed has the right mind for the new NFL... think about the outsiders he hired, specifically Paraage Marathe who has kept this team loaded with talent and favorable contracts. Add in his confidence in Baalke to be able to land Harbaugh, just watch out. Baalkes draft stockpiling, we have a QB whisperer as a coach, and an amazing coaching staff. This success is sustainable, while other teams up north cough*seahawks are going all out for big FA's which will come crashing down in a couple of years. It's a GREAT time to be a niner fan.

Thank you Jed.

Apparently you have forgotten that what you call the regime previously, that of TDon, was hired on the recommendation of Bill Walsh. I don't know that you can fault someone for following his advice.

Then Nolan. Well, people seem to have forgotten that by then, this was not a team people were fighting to come to. And Nolan had the bloodline. His hiring looked damned good at the time.

"It was not till the parents finally relented total control to the son". Nice way to spin the truth. The parents never had Eddie D's commitment to the team, but when it got dropped in their laps they did the best they could. They took advice and followed it and it turned out Bill Walsh was wrong. So you blame the Yorks. And nobody forced them to pass over control to Jed. At the time, a lot of people were claiming that they either wanted to move the team or to sell it. But they recognised the commitment their son had for the team and handed it over when he was ready. "Finally relented" is nonsense. They could have held onto it as long as they wanted.

And they remain involved, in the background. No way is Jed pushing any policies that his parents strongly oppose. It's about time that the whole family got the credit they are owed from the fanbase.

40%

Seems a bit high, but.....
Uncle Eddie has been around more due to Jed.

before Eddie..member Jed's Fk ups ?
Share 49ersWebzone