LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 344 users in the forums

Best game ever between 49ers & ny giants

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JX9pVLYHu4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xneDY8BJ_M&feature=related This clip starts the same as the 1st one, but has more 2nd half highlights
2002 wild card game, no doubt. The comeback was amazing. I never gave up on the 49ers in this game. Felt so good.

There have been a few others too. 1993 Divisional game where Ricky Watters had 5 td's was great too.
[ Edited by Jamespowers on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:02 PM ]
I cried in front of my friends that day, not going to lie
ahmed plummer was roasted all game long, kinda sad, he was never really the same after this game
EPIC
There were some epic battles back in the 80's too. I remember one game played in NY when Montana threw what was about a 75 yard TD to Rice racing down the sidelines to win the game in the last couple of minutes. There was another epic battle a couple years later on a Monday night at the Stick. And of course the 1990 NFC Championship game when NY cost a chance at a 3-peat. I still blame Bubba Paris missing a block, which caused Montana to get knocked out of the game, and NOT Craig fumbling for that loss. If Montana had stayed in the game, I don't think the same sequence of plays, therefore the play in which Craig fumbled, would have ever been called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAABWqhNvtg
[ Edited by GoalLineStand on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:10 PM ]
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
There were some epic battles back in the 80's too. I remember one game played in NY when Montana threw what was about a 75 yard TD to Rice racing down the sidelines to win the game in the last couple of minutes. There was another epic battle a couple years later on a Monday night at the Stick. And of course the 1990 NFC Championship game when NY cost a chance at a 3-peat. I still blame Bubba Paris missing a block, which caused Montana to get knocked out of the game, and NOT Craig fumbling for that loss. If Montana had stayed in the game, I don't think the same sequence of plays, therefore the play in which Craig fumbled, would have ever been called.

Originally posted by GoalLineStand:

f**k this game, what about the monday night game where we kicked their asses, in a low scoring defensive affair that ended with Phil Sims going after RONNIE LOTT! dude was lucky the refes broke that up!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
f**k this game, what about the monday night game where we kicked their asses, in a low scoring defensive affair that ended with Phil Sims going after RONNIE LOTT! dude was lucky the refes broke that up!

DECEMBER 3rd, 1990 : 49ERS (10-1) vs. NY GIANTS (10-1) MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Part 1 (of 13) :

http://youtu.be/M5_i07XFGz8

Your welcome

Edit: Try and spot a very young Jon Gruden on the Niners sidelines trying to hide from George Seifert lmfao...
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Nov 8, 2011 at 11:10 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
ahmed plummer was roasted all game long, kinda sad, he was never really the same after this game

Nothing different from his normal inability to do nothing but fill a position. Him and Webster were complete crap for corners.
my favorite classic was the Niners 7-3 win over the Giants in 1990--both teams 10-1 and on a Monday night. It was so intense and Ronnie Lott and Phil Simms went at it after the game--a big shouting match. The most painful game for me ever as a Niner fan came a couple months later losing to the same Giants 15-13 ending the 3 peat chance. I still remember Pat Summerall saying as the Giants kicked the winning field goal--there will be no 3 peat.

Remember Jaimie Winborn? He was my favorite and I thought he was going to be a star, damn injuries
Originally posted by King49er:
Remember Jaimie Winborn? He was my favorite and I thought he was going to be a star, damn Mike Nolan

*fixed
MNF 1990! 10-1 49ers Vs. 10-1 Giants. Both teams lost their first game just the week before. It was just a brutal defensive game. There were 17 or 18 punts in the game, and 49ers won 7-3. Giants had Parcells and Bellicheat on the sidelines. Mark Bavaro caught a pass, got hit by a couple of 49ers - then DRAGGED Ronnie Lott and a LB for 10 yards before they could bring him down. Then he caught a pass over the middle and was just DESTROYED by Ronnie Lott! Later on he got blasted by Lott and Waymer both! Most players would have been carried off the field, but Bavaro got right back up! It was an awesome unstoppable force Vs. immovable object scenario. Twenty years later I still remember those hits. Bavaro is one of my all-time favorite non-49ers. I HATE Lawrence Taylor and Leonard Marshall - always have, and always will! But there were a lot of players on that Giants team that earned my respect.

Ronnie Lott will always be my favorite 49er, and that Monday night I think he had the toughest challenge of his career. The next season, Lott and Craig were in Raiders uniforms - and all was NOT right with the world!
Originally posted by RDB4216:
MNF 1990! 10-1 49ers Vs. 10-1 Giants. Both teams lost their first game just the week before. It was just a brutal defensive game. There were 17 or 18 punts in the game, and 49ers won 7-3. Giants had Parcells and Bellicheat on the sidelines. Mark Bavaro caught a pass, got hit by a couple of 49ers - then DRAGGED Ronnie Lott and a LB for 10 yards before they could bring him down. Then he caught a pass over the middle and was just DESTROYED by Ronnie Lott! Later on he got blasted by Lott and Waymer both! Most players would have been carried off the field, but Bavaro got right back up! It was an awesome unstoppable force Vs. immovable object scenario. Twenty years later I still remember those hits. Bavaro is one of my all-time favorite non-49ers. I HATE Lawrence Taylor and Leonard Marshall - always have, and always will! But there were a lot of players on that Giants team that earned my respect.

Ronnie Lott will always be my favorite 49er, and that Monday night I think he had the toughest challenge of his career. The next season, Lott and Craig were in Raiders uniforms - and all was NOT right with the world!

I was there!
Originally posted by RDB4216:

This made Charles Haley in 1991 = & -----> Charles Haley in 1992 = cowpuke uniform
Share 49ersWebzone