There are 190 users in the forums

Best game ever between 49ers & ny giants

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
f**k this game, what about the monday night game where we kicked their asses, in a low scoring defensive affair that ended with Phil Sims going after RONNIE LOTT! dude was lucky the refes broke that up!

DECEMBER 3rd, 1990 : 49ERS (10-1) vs. NY GIANTS (10-1) MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Part 1 (of 13) :

http://youtu.be/M5_i07XFGz8

Your welcome

Edit: Try and spot a very young Jon Gruden on the Niners sidelines trying to hide from George Seifert lmfao...

Thanks,
Originally posted by RDB4216:
MNF 1990! 10-1 49ers Vs. 10-1 Giants. Both teams lost their first game just the week before. It was just a brutal defensive game. There were 17 or 18 punts in the game, and 49ers won 7-3. Giants had Parcells and Bellicheat on the sidelines. Mark Bavaro caught a pass, got hit by a couple of 49ers - then DRAGGED Ronnie Lott and a LB for 10 yards before they could bring him down. Then he caught a pass over the middle and was just DESTROYED by Ronnie Lott! Later on he got blasted by Lott and Waymer both! Most players would have been carried off the field, but Bavaro got right back up! It was an awesome unstoppable force Vs. immovable object scenario. Twenty years later I still remember those hits. Bavaro is one of my all-time favorite non-49ers. I HATE Lawrence Taylor and Leonard Marshall - always have, and always will! But there were a lot of players on that Giants team that earned my respect.

Ronnie Lott will always be my favorite 49er, and that Monday night I think he had the toughest challenge of his career. The next season, Lott and Craig were in Raiders uniforms - and all was NOT right with the world!
Bavaro was a great TE--but i hated him!!!!!!!! I remember another Monday night game in 86 i think at the stick Giants at 49ers. The Niners led 17-0 at halftime--but the Giants--led by Bavaro--who refused to be taken down by any Niner that half was just amazing---the Giants won 21-17 and went on to win the Super Bowl. Bavaro brings back bad memories!!!
Harbaugh and the success he's bringing us most definitely will REKINDLE the old rivalries with the Giants, Cowboys, Packers and heck, he might've started a new one with the Lions! Other teams are starting to hate us again...that only comes from fear, respect and plain JEALOUSY...and i LOVE it! Now, if only the Hags, Tards and Lambs can pull their heads out of their asses and @ least put up a fight!!!
Lol,the day we played the Giants the second time,i had a baseball tourney,couldn't watch the game....Came home,it was about 11pm,turned on Sportscenter and saw that we lost. And just SCREAMED in frustration at the top of my lungs....lol i was 9 yo. Was grounded from watching the rest of the season....I was like good! i dont wanna watch anyways!...lol What a brat i was lol...Dad(9er fan) thought it was funny,my mom...not so much heh
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
ahmed plummer was roasted all game long, kinda sad, he was never really the same after this game

Nothing different from his normal inability to do nothing but fill a position. Him and Webster were complete crap for corners.

Plummer was hurt in this game I believe. We gave him a phat contract and he was always hurt, not productive. He was decent his rookie year and 2nd year, but he really fell off
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
MNF 1990! 10-1 49ers Vs. 10-1 Giants.

this.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198911270sfo.htm
Originally posted by King49er:
I cried in front of my friends that day, not going to lie

LMAO ...Same here man

I straight up lost it that day ....the adrenaline rush from that f*cking game was massive
First game I ever sat there and watched. Made me the 49er fan I am today. I'll never forget my dad (rams fan) laughing at me, and making me cry at halftime. But It's pretty obvious who got the last laugh.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
f**k this game, what about the monday night game where we kicked their asses, in a low scoring defensive affair that ended with Phil Sims going after RONNIE LOTT! dude was lucky the refes broke that up!

DECEMBER 3rd, 1990 : 49ERS (10-1) vs. NY GIANTS (10-1) MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Part 1 (of 13) :

Your welcome

Edit: Try and spot a very young Jon Gruden on the Niners sidelines trying to hide from George Seifert lmfao...
this.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Your welcome

this.

I was there! Now watching that film and realizing how old the announcers are now, make me wonder how old I must look to my son? Man I don't feel old...
Originally posted by CaptainTabasco:
First game I ever sat there and watched. Made me the 49er fan I am today. I'll never forget my dad (rams fan) laughing at me, and making me cry at halftime. But It's pretty obvious who got the last laugh.

nice parenting, lol
Originally posted by RDB4216:
MNF 1990! 10-1 49ers Vs. 10-1 Giants. Both teams lost their first game just the week before. It was just a brutal defensive game. There were 17 or 18 punts in the game, and 49ers won 7-3. Giants had Parcells and Bellicheat on the sidelines. Mark Bavaro caught a pass, got hit by a couple of 49ers - then DRAGGED Ronnie Lott and a LB for 10 yards before they could bring him down. Then he caught a pass over the middle and was just DESTROYED by Ronnie Lott! Later on he got blasted by Lott and Waymer both! Most players would have been carried off the field, but Bavaro got right back up! It was an awesome unstoppable force Vs. immovable object scenario. Twenty years later I still remember those hits. Bavaro is one of my all-time favorite non-49ers. I HATE Lawrence Taylor and Leonard Marshall - always have, and always will! But there were a lot of players on that Giants team that earned my respect.

Ronnie Lott will always be my favorite 49er, and that Monday night I think he had the toughest challenge of his career. The next season, Lott and Craig were in Raiders uniforms - and all was NOT right with the world!

Amen, to every single word in this post. When the Niners let Lott go in free agency (I believe that it was on Feb 1 following the season), I went to Centennial Drive in Santa Clara on my lunch hour, and stuck a hand-made sign in the ground: "Thank you #49, We Will Always Remember!"
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Amen, to every single word in this post. When the Niners let Lott go in free agency (I believe that it was on Feb 1 following the season), I went to Centennial Drive in Santa Clara on my lunch hour, and stuck a hand-made sign in the ground: "Thank you #49, We Will Always Remember!"

#49??? ya mean #42
Originally posted by boast:
MNF 1990! 10-1 49ers Vs. 10-1 Giants.

this.

the night ronnie lott made marc bavaro his b!tch.
/thread
Share 49ersWebzone