LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Harbaugh has one chink in his armor.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

1. Term "chink in the armor" is actually old English and is not racist. It is now construed to be so, but was never the original intent. Google is your friend.

2. The term: "there's a nip in the air" or "there's a little nip in the air" is, in fact, very racist. It's a reference to Japanese fighter pilots during WWII

3. This is, perhaps, the most idiotic thread I've ever seen in Ninny Talk. How could anyone post something like this after reviewing the Tampa Bay game? FACT: Harbaugh isn't going to reveal the whole ball of wax for every opponent. FACT: There's no need to do it. FACT: The D lost us the Dallas game -- not the offense. It was a rare collapse y the defense. I'll give them that. It's happened once, OK? It's never happened again.

4. FACT: You will see an epic blowout of the Giants this Sunday and the creator of this thread will not reappear to eat major amounts of steaming, hot crow.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
kink in his armor*

it's chink.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
kink in his armor*

it's chink.

And it's not racist
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
And it's not racist
right and calling and Arab a Hajji isnt racist either

1. Term "chink in the armor" is actually old English and is not racist. It is now construed to be so, but was never the original intent. Google is your friend.

2. The term: "there's a nip in the air" or "there's a little nip in the air" is, in fact, very racist. It's a reference to Japanese fighter pilots during WWII

3. This is, perhaps, the most idiotic thread I've ever seen in Ninny Talk. How could anyone post something like this after reviewing the Tampa Bay game? FACT: Harbaugh isn't going to reveal the whole ball of wax for every opponent. FACT: There's no need to do it. FACT: The D lost us the Dallas game -- not the offense. It was a rare collapse y the defense. I'll give them that. It's happened once, OK? It's never happened again.

4. FACT: You will see an epic blowout of the Giants this Sunday and the creator of this thread will not reappear to eat major amounts of steaming, hot crow.

Very interesting. You know, despite my worry practically every week that we will lose (after all these years, perhaps I'm still not used to winning so much), I also feel like this weekend is going to be another blowout. I really don't want to think it, but I get that feeling.
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
And it's not racist

Read the damn original post and title. There isn't any reference to an Asian. The expression "chink in the armor" is not racist. Those calling racist (valrod) were doing so as a joke.
And it's not racist

That I wouldn't know. But I do invite you to use Google or any search engine of your choosing on "chink in the armor." It may be construed as racist now, but it's actually found in very old English. And it really does mean there's a hole in your suit of armor.
That I wouldn't know. But I do invite you to use Google or any search engine of your choosing on "chink in the armor." It may be construed as racist now, but it's actually found in very old English. And it really does mean there's a hole in your suit of armor.
I know this already but i was assuming you were deriving your comments towards valor's racist comment.
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Nov 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
See the Tampa Bay game Doot! Didn't look like he got conservative there now did he?

this
And it's not racist

It isn't racist now. The term is now a racial slur, but that doesn't come into play in the context of this expression. Uptight muthaf...as

Chinka please!!! Can't we all just get along?!
Look what you started valrod
[ Edited by valrod33 on Nov 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM ]
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by valrod33:
Look what you started valrod

fo reel doe val, you have a Chink In You're Armour
I don't think Harbaugh is conservative per se. He's calling the game like any other coach gauging by the performance of his offense and defense during the situation of the game. If he sees his offense struggling and his defense is holding the other team, he may not call anything that might put Fangio's defense in a bind. He will try to call something he thinks will help the offense to have success and string them together to give confidence to our guys. At the same time not something too risky and cause turnovers for the defense to then handle.

If he feels confident of the offense toward the end of the game and think his guys can handle the load on offense. You can bet your ass he will put the kill shot to the other team. As it is right now, the offense isn't where it's supposed to be, so we just have to trust Harbaugh's instinct and decisions.
Coaches gotta coach and players gotta play, the Offense as a whole is conservative from the beggining, I believe they are
a) losing steam
b) the other side has adjusted.

Bill Walsh who everyone likes to paraphrase or compare would run in the second half more.
Share 49ersWebzone