There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lockup Bowman before he hits free agency

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I'm sure the FO will offer him a contract. It's up to Bowman though. I think he would like to test the FA market. Not sure that he will do the Ahmad Brooks thing and just go with the contract offered. Playing along side Patrick Willis is an enticing situation for Bowman

Worst case scenario is the franchise tag. He won't see free agency anytime soon.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
I don't think it is an enticing as you think. If he plays next to willis he will always be 2nd fiddle and may never get the respect he deserves. Just look at his phone conversation during top 100 on nfl net.

lol He made first team all pro his second year in the league. That's way more respect than a top 100 popularity list on NFL Network.
The 49ers rewarded Willis after three years and I'm sure they'll try to lock-up Bowman. If he plays anything like last year he's going to rate a Willis-like contract. Maybe that's what the 49ers brass was planning for when they used $14 million of the 2012 cap space to accelerate a massive chunk of Patrick Willis' future bonus money.

I don't think he cares about the 2nd fiddle thing . . . . it will be about the $$. Either way he's under contract through next season plus franchise tag rights.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The 49ers rewarded Willis after three years and I'm sure they'll try to lock-up Bowman. If he plays anything like last year he's going to rate a Willis-like contract. Maybe that's what the 49ers brass was planning for when they used $14 million of the 2012 cap space to accelerate a massive chunk of Patrick Willis' future bonus money.

I don't think he cares about the 2nd fiddle thing . . . . it will be about the $$. Either way he's under contract through next season plus franchise tag rights.

and winning, im sure.
I work on Goldson and a few other guys 1st. Bowman is good for 2 more years plus we can franchise tag him 1 or even 2 years after that. So to me he wouldn't see free agency for 4-5 years total. Only thing is Justin is a free agent after 2 more seasons so we would have to sign one or the other because we can't tag both (bowman/justin). As long as we tag one and re-sign the other I am happy. Personally, I start working on a deal after this season.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 24, 2012 at 7:53 PM ]
They'll pay him, not worried. Just be glad we have no huge money tied up in any offensive skill-players yet besides VD. Those WR's are pretty cheap so far.
Originally posted by SFrush:
lol He made first team all pro his second year in the league. That's way more respect than a top 100 popularity list on NFL Network.

It wasn't about his position. It was the question he wad asked " how much of your success was from playing nest to pat?

It wasn't about his position. It was the question he wad asked " how much of your success was from playing nest to pat?

Obvoiusly he has too much pride to admit this.
Originally posted by juycho:

Obvoiusly he has too much pride to admit this.

Bowman is not as good as Willis. The only reason his tackle stats are higher was because Willis was injured and is covering the TE every time its a big name (Graham and the like).
6yrs/ 42 mill 30 mill guaranteed
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for juycho.
Originally posted by Sacborn49ersfan:

sounds good for next year after the super bowl win.

Oh, I don't know. Brooks signed a six-year contract extension worth $44.5 million, with $17.5 million guaranteed. If I'm Bowman, I'd want a heck of a lot more than that, wouldn't I?
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Oh, I don't know. Brooks signed a six-year contract extension worth $44.5 million, with $17.5 million guaranteed. If I'm Bowman, I'd want a heck of a lot more than that, wouldn't I?

I agree with you, but he is still in his rookie contract. Let it work in our favor, then pay the man.