There are 202 users in the forums

Lockup Bowman before he hits free agency

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
I say extend him this off season and take the drama out of it.

i'd rather focus on guys who are about to leave in FA than a guy who has two years left on his rookie deal. However, it would be great to know that we'll have this ILB tandem for years to come---IF Bowman is willing to take something less than a Willis deal. I don't know much about Bowman and so I don't know what his demands might be, but it wouldn't be good for us to break the salary structure on defense.
Honestly locking him up this year would probably cost more than doing so in subsequent years unless he plays even better moving forward, which I hope he does, but we'll see.
no give him next yr to prove he can do it back to back yrs
It seems Baalke/JH have madesome very smart moves in the draft & FA. So I'm certain they are planning resignings when it is best.
Why re sign him when you have so many years left on his contract???

You need to focus on who wants to be a 9er and contract expires this year or next year.

1. Carlos Rogers- get it done Baalke, he has thrown out the olive branch he wants a new contract, if the numbers make sense, do it.
2. Braylon Edwards- I know he is injured a lot, but he is the best WR on the team in my opinion. 4 million a year
3. Ted Ginn- just re did his contract, so he is a FA after this year. If he wants to sign for 2-3 million a year then yes, if wants more then no.
4. Adam Snyder- Give him starter money for 4 years,
5. Alex Boone- Sign him to an incentive based contract for four years.
6. Alex Smith- wants to be a niner loves harbaugh, sign him to a 3-4 year deal with incentives, salary 5-6 million, large escalator to bring up to 10 million a year if hits certain milestones.
7. Ahmad Brooks- Show him the money for 4 years.
8. Josh Morgan- love the guy, but feel Edwards and Ginn just are bigger threats that defenses have to account for. Sign if price is right.
Originally posted by 9erred:

You need to focus on who wants to be a 9er and contract expires this year or next year.

1. Carlos Rogers- get it done Baalke, he has thrown out the olive branch he wants a new contract, if the numbers make sense, do it.
2. Braylon Edwards- I know he is injured a lot, but he is the best WR on the team in my opinion. 4 million a year
3. Ted Ginn- just re did his contract, so he is a FA after this year. If he wants to sign for 2-3 million a year then yes, if wants more then no.
6. Alex Smith- wants to be a niner loves harbaugh, sign him to a 3-4 year deal with incentives, salary 5-6 million, large escalator to bring up to 10 million a year if hits certain milestones.
8. Josh Morgan- love the guy, but feel Edwards and Ginn just are bigger threats that defenses have to account for. Sign if price is right.

Also need to get a young leg at the kicker spot! Possible draft more talent for alex at Wr, willing to trade up for blackmon. Dline, and Cb spots need a look for youth.Lock up Goldson.
brooks, rogers, and bowman need to be taken care of
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Is it just me or is it completely frustrating how everyone in WZ spells Rogers as Rodgers. We do not have Aaron Rodgers we have Carlos ROGERS.

I think its just you. Why would I care if someone spells a name wrong lol.
Originally posted by 9erred:

Yes, all this. Get it done, Baalke. You will be our hero!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Ohio49ersfan:
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Is it just me or is it completely frustrating how everyone in WZ spells Rogers as Rodgers. We do not have Aaron Rodgers we have Carlos ROGERS.

I think its just you. Why would I care if someone spells a name wrong lol.

exactly. that is a common mistake. That lasst name is spelled both ways. its not like they are spelling it Rojers or something like that.
Originally posted by Shaj:
yes, but his agent might tell him "take a lower contract now. if you wait and get a career threatening injury, there won't be a next contract. This is insurance, and you can always renegotiate if you outplay your contract." I think that's what agents do. Also, they want their money now as well.

I agree, I think locking guys like this up sooner also helps in the locker room. And we can get them to reasonable deals. If we wait until he's a legit FA he might end up commanding P Willis type coin and we would never be in a position to pay him that. We could be getting him at a huge discount. I highly doubt his play will fall off, but it is always a possibility (as are injuries).
I think that is right he is in about 2 of 4 years of contract. So there is some time. Realistically it will be tough to keep him with all we pay to Willis. You can't have 2 guys paid like that at ILB.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's a monster next to Willis. We need to lock him up before he hits free agency and becomes too expensive.

he is in his second year of what i believe is a four year contract. There's time.
And we need to lock up people like Rodgers!

Agree. I think we will lock him up for sure
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I guess Sing was right when he said Bowman reminded him of Willis.

I think Sing is the one who deserves the credit for drafting him.
Share 49ersWebzone