Terrell Brown Vs Spencer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Spencer probably wont be back next year

why?

because the coaches do not like him.

he'll also be a 9 year vet, with some injury issues, and they are two young guys the coaches like a lot better.

How do you know the coaches don't like him? What is the cause for the effect? He was pretty good last year as I remember, and I know culliver is coming on strong so thats a good point, but do you think its an attitude issue? Is his pain threshold too low? Why? Inquiry minds wanna know!

Does he think he's got it better than them?

I dont like it when coaches put someone in their "doghouse", unless its performance related it's kind of Nolanterryesque, and up until now I havent seen a problem with his gametime performance.
[ Edited by RMuTT1981 on Nov 6, 2011 at 9:02 PM ]
And btw woodson in GB and too bad and hes going on 14 years
I have no idea if they don't like him or why, but, like i've said, he was healthy today, practice all week and wasn't even active. That, to me, is a guy who is nowhere close to starting on this team, clearly, and usually something like that is a sign that the player isn't going to be on the team very long.

Why that is, I have no idea. It's one of the stranger minor stories of this season.
brown sucks
Brown is our worst CB, Brock and Culliver are much better
Spencer is our second best QB but he had no training camp. We will need Spencer for the Giants game.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Brown is our worst CB, Brock and Culliver are much better

Then why arent they starting ahead of him? Do you think you know more than Harbaugh and Fangio?
Please come back soon and play well, Spencer! Very experienced, talented CB that should be our # 2 this season. Nagging injuries, yes, and it's annoying. But if we can get Spencer back on the field and playing well, we'll be all that more a beastly defense. He's also signed through 2012, so a 2nd half revival from him would give us some flexibility in the off-season. Re-sign Rogers... add another round 1-3 CB, give Spencer some competition with Culliver and new rookie... then we will be ready to let Spencer walk and have a great CB unit.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I hope by the time playoffs roll around our top 3 cbs are Rogers, Culliver, and Brock.
I think we're keeping Spencer around for:

1. Added veteran depth.
2. Baalke and Harbaugh don't want him falling into the hands of division opponents if we waived him.

Hopefully he can get on the field this sunday, we need our best cover corners to deal with the Giants passing game.

we know their running game cant do sh*t against our defense
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Spencer probably wont be back next year

why?

$$$
Unless he somehow comes on late he should be released. He is due 3.3M next year, and he isnt worth it. He hasn't been consistent ever in his career. His best thing is he has always been good against Fitz. Rather cut him and save the 3.3M in 2012.
It's a long season. Longer still, including the playoffs. The club is going to need ALL of these CB's to contribute at some point along the way. Some years ago, the club couldn't field 2 healthy CB's for Game 16 and had to play a reserve safety at CB for that game. This club has 5 CB's and 2 have been injured to date: Spencer with turf toe and whatever, Brock with a broken hand. Fortunately, Rogers, Brown and Culliver have remained healthy. Count me among those, who think that Brown has been doing a good job - very nice run support tackle in the open field vs Washington. Certainly, Rogers and Culliver have more flair, but a club needs at least 5 capable CB's to make it through the season. The club seems to be fortunate in having 5 capable CB's on the roster.

Personally, I am rooting for the "Belhaven Blanket" (the undrafted Brock) to add to his 2 interceptions year-to-date.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Unless he somehow comes on late he should be released. He is due 3.3M next year, and he isnt worth it. He hasn't been consistent ever in his career. His best thing is he has always been good against Fitz. Rather cut him and save the 3.3M in 2012.

I know that Spencer's durability is a real issue, but 3.3 isn't that bad for someone of his skills... and also factoring in our lack of good CB depth.

Just a thought... no tears if he is cut loose.
Share 49ersWebzone