There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will we be the Fox Game of the Week vs. NYG?

Will we be the Fox Game of the Week vs. NYG?

Originally posted by boqi:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Whoops, I didn't get it across quite right.

On the East Coast the early game starts at 1 o'clock, which is 10 o'clock AM on the West coast. So on the East Coast most home markets have finished their football games by 4 o'clock Eastern (even those playing away games, because they're likely playing in the Eastern and Central time zones). As a result, the 4 o'clock Eastern start time allows the NFL to showcase a game nationally. Take the Pats/Giants game that is currently on. They moved back what would normally have been a 1 o'clock Eastern start time to showcase the game nationally. Taken a step further, if the Niners had played at home today, it wouldn't have mattered a whit to fans in the Bay Area because they'd get their home game regardless.

Next week, here in DC, the Redskins will play at 1 o'clock in Miami which should allow me to see the Niners as the Game of the Week at 4 o'clock.

Slightly clearer mud?

It's making more sense.

The only thing I don't get is why didn't we (West Coast) get to watch the Game of the Week (Pats v Giants on now) on FOX? It's not playing here in SF... :(

because we are a two team market with the Niners and the Raiders and the Raiders were sold out at home---their game is on TV and nothing else is.
How can we not be. That game is going to be super national covered. Giants will play all over the east coast. We will get the west. It's very very meaningful. Welcome back to good teams 49ers. We've got a real test on our hands next week. Time to get ready.
Originally posted by VA49er:
How can we not be. That game is going to be super national covered. Giants will play all over the east coast. We will get the west. It's very very meaningful. Welcome back to good teams 49ers. We've got a real test on our hands next week. Time to get ready.

We do have a real test next week. Something the patriots could have used on that last drive by the Giants, a DEFENSE. Something we do have. The thing I'm very worried about is the Giants was able to keep the Patriot offense on check the whole game. We all know how good the Patriot offense is compared to the niner offense. And the game was in NE.

I hope the coaching staff game plans effectively for this game. This is going to be a HUGE test and could possibly be a playoff preview.
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 6, 2011 at 5:01 PM ]
I'd prefer Sunday night
We should be flex'd to SNF
We've beat two 6-2 teams so far. Might as well make it three.
This is going to be a huge game. It will be a true litmus test of how the 49ers will compare to a top team -- at least perceived to be a top team. IF the 49ers pull off a win over the Giants they will be launched into top-tier talent talk, many of the doubters will be converted.

I am going to be nervous all week waiting for this big game! Damn, I pray we are at least really competitive even if we lose -- please god, no embarassing set-back performance!

COME ON 49ers, make this like the beat down the 49ers put on Dallas in 1981!!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
If the Giants upset the Patriots and we are 7-1, I could see it happening.

I stick to this but there are a couple other really good games.

Saints Falcons
Lions Bears
Pats Jets
it should nationally televised with our records.

Saints Falcons
Lions Bears
Pats Jets

We have a better combine record then all of those teams. Plus you have Eli that is actually playing at a MVP level Vs the Suprising 7-1 and 2nd best record in the league. Plus people are tired of seeing NE getting exposed. Those will also bee good games buut considering were on the west none of those games will have competition.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Saints Falcons
Lions Bears
Pats Jets

We have a better combine record then all of those teams. Plus you have Eli that is actually playing at a MVP level Vs the Suprising 7-1 and 2nd best record in the league. Plus people are tired of seeing NE getting exposed. Those will also bee good games buut considering were on the west none of those games will have competition.

Pats Jets is the SNF game

Saints Falcons
Lions Bears
Pats Jets

Saints Falcons is gonna b a 10 AM game
Pats Jets play on SNF

that leaves the Lions and Bears, we have the better match up hands down, besides its an old school rivalry. Hello Americas game of the week It would be 100% b******t to not give it to us
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Saints Falcons
Lions Bears
Pats Jets

Pats Jets is the SNF game

Pats and Jets are also AFC so it means it will be on CBS. Those other two are good divisional match-ups but 49ers vs. NYG are two first place teams. And I think a NY team that will be favored against a 7-1 team will be too much to pass up.
I think its pretty obvious that the Niners-Giants will be the Game of the Week. East vs West. 2 Division Leaders. New York! No question,
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by VA49er:

We do have a real test next week. Something the patriots could have used on that last drive by the Giants, a DEFENSE. Something we do have. The thing I'm very worried about is the Giants was able to keep the Patriot offense on check the whole game. We all know how good the Patriot offense is compared to the niner offense. And the game was in NE.

I hope the coaching staff game plans effectively for this game. This is going to be a HUGE test and could possibly be a playoff preview.
Except the patriots can't run the ball for their lives. We are a very different offense than the patriots.