There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This loss falls on the shoulders of the o-line!!!

what impact does snyder have on the improved play of the o-line and especially the improved play of anthony davis. i have always thought a better guard next to davis would help him tremendously. this improvement is nice to see
Backup MVP. Wouldn't be 6-1 with out Synder so we don't have to depend on Rachal to get his a** in line.
Snyder rplaced the weak link in the chain. It's very clear the OLine started to play better when he entered the picture. It also played better last season when he got a rare chance to play.

Another indictment of how stubborn and poor coach Singletary was.

Snyder has been a difference maker for sure.
Yup. He's done his job better than anybody expected him to do. I was kinda shocked that Chilo was able to even survive that many games into the season. Plus, this is what Anthony needed, a veteran guard next to him.
I know everyone was down on Rachel, but when you watch each play, he wasn't that bad. He did have a tendency to play soft, not aggressively getting to the next level, despite his athleticism. And that seemed to rub off on AD as well. Funny how the attitude can be infectious.

Snyder is a lesser athlete, but he somehow brings the right attitude that improves AD play. Now as AD gets some consistency and confidence, it would be great to see him develop some nastiness. If AD matures to bring that attitude to his game, it will be interesting to see if he can then improve Rachel's game??
f**k RACHEL! Snyder FTW
I think Snyder gained a lot of knowledge of the offense when he was practicing at center earlier this year. Plus, I suspect he can communicate line calls to AD better than Rachal ever could(if he did at all).

Anyone else get the feeling that maybe Rachal is pretty good during practice but sucks on gameday? He did start at RG earlier this season and this coaching staff seems to adhere to good practice = starting role.
Snyder has looked STOUT
Joe Staley said "WE don't suck" but what he meant is that the o-line hasn't sucked since Chilo got benched in Cinncy.
Not a bad receiver either. I can imagine a Godzilla alignment with nothing but 300+ pounders as wideouts (staley), running back (snyder), and QB (soap), causing destruction and misery all the way into the endzone.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Joe Staley said "WE don't suck" but what he meant is that the o-line hasn't sucked since Chilo got benched in Cinncy.

yeah, he meant, "We won't suck...once Chilo gets benched."
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I know everyone was down on Rachel, but when you watch each play, he wasn't that bad. He did have a tendency to play soft, not aggressively getting to the next level, despite his athleticism. And that seemed to rub off on AD as well. Funny how the attitude can be infectious.

Snyder is a lesser athlete, but he somehow brings the right attitude that improves AD play. Now as AD gets some consistency and confidence, it would be great to see him develop some nastiness. If AD matures to bring that attitude to his game, it will be interesting to see if he can then improve Rachel's game??

Chilo is awful. He is all upper body. He couldn't get low so he would get buried repeatedly. Snyder at this point in his career is a pretty decent starter which is way more then Rachel will ever be. Chilo has no lower body strength, bad feet, doesn't have fluid hips, no explosion, and no heart. These things probably aren't correctable.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
f**k RACHEL! Snyder FTW

This! Snyder>Rachal

i will say that rachal has looked very good in the power package for the runs but the whole line seems to be clicking now with snyder
Originally posted by stepnez:

i will say that rachal has looked very good in the power package for the runs but the whole line seems to be clicking now with snyder

Rachal is a pretty good run blocker, but absolutely horrendous in pass protection.