There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are the 49ers overrated at #2 in the power rankings?

Are the 49ers overrated at #2 in the power rankings?

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
And I think you overestimate our passing attack. Sorry but I dont really trust Alex Smith if the Niners running game gets shut down. When he proves that he can win games with his arm at least a couple of times then I will be more comfortable saying we are a TOP 2-3 team in the league.

As someone has already posted, we have already won games against top rated defenses when the running game was all but nonexistent. Even in the game we lost we were moving the ball through the air pretty consistently. You seem to lack perspective or objectivity in your argument. There is more to offense than fantasy football numbers, we get yards through the air when we need them, even when our top receivers have been injured and on and off the field all year. I know this is an era of instant gratification and lots of folks fall into that trap, this offense has not had time to get it together yet. I know it is a huge thing to ask, but you are just gonna have to practice patience with the passing game while the skill players get on the same page.
Originally posted by strat1080:
Patriots and Packers have absolutely nothing else? They both have solid running games and masterful coaching staffs. Having a guy like Brady or Rodgers is also a great equalizer.

Solid running games...lol 18th and 24th respectively.
Originally posted by strat1080:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
good post and I agree especially with the bolded.


I wouldn't. A team like Green Bay has already proven it can be formiddable with key injuries. The 49ers would be lost without Frank Gore.

And without Rogers GB would have trouble winning one game...so what's your point?
Originally posted by strat1080:
Green Bay's played a tougher team than the 49ers. Give me a break. New Orleans is a good team. Playing in Atlanta is one of the toughest venues in the NFL. Playing at Soldier Field is tough. Untested. Give me a break. Records don't always tell the whole story. IMO, the Saints and Falcons are better than any team the 49ers have played. Especially the Falcons in Atl. They've lost like twice in the last 3 years at home.

You have lost your mind, the packers haven't played anyone as good as the niners this year, not even close. So the Saints and Falcons are better than the Lions and Tampa and Philadelphia and Cincinnati? Do you even watch football? Man you have just posted three consecutive b******t posts that really show you haven't a clue what you are talking about. The bolded is absolutely laughable.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
As someone has already posted, we have already won games against top rated defenses when the running game was all but nonexistent. Even in the game we lost we were moving the ball through the air pretty consistently. You seem to lack perspective or objectivity in your argument. There is more to offense than fantasy football numbers, we get yards through the air when we need them, even when our top receivers have been injured and on and off the field all year. I know this is an era of instant gratification and lots of folks fall into that trap, this offense has not had time to get it together yet. I know it is a huge thing to ask, but you are just gonna have to practice patience with the passing game while the skill players get on the same page.

LOL. I need to be more objective? I am simply a huge Niner fan that isnt a complete homer and biased when I look at things. The Niners still need to improve their passing game and prove they can do that down the stretch in big games ( like Green Bay) before I will put them up with the Packers.
Need to improve desperately on their passing
Originally posted by REDnWHITE29:
Need to improve desperately on their passing

original insight
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
As someone has already posted, we have already won games against top rated defenses when the running game was all but nonexistent. Even in the game we lost we were moving the ball through the air pretty consistently. You seem to lack perspective or objectivity in your argument. There is more to offense than fantasy football numbers, we get yards through the air when we need them, even when our top receivers have been injured and on and off the field all year. I know this is an era of instant gratification and lots of folks fall into that trap, this offense has not had time to get it together yet. I know it is a huge thing to ask, but you are just gonna have to practice patience with the passing game while the skill players get on the same page.

LOL. I need to be more objective? I am simply a huge Niner fan that isnt a complete homer and biased when I look at things. The Niners still need to improve their passing game and prove they can do that down the stretch in big games ( like Green Bay) before I will put them up with the Packers.

You don't have to put them up with the Packers, their record does. This team excels in so many areas of the game that their biggest weakness hasn't been able to be exploited (hell, we don't even know how much of a weakness it is to begin with since when they have had to pass, they've done well).
1 TD against a pathetic Washington defense says it all. Even if we didn't pass the rock, Gore should have cutting through their D like a knife through. Instead, he can pickup two measly yards on our last trip to the redzone, and we're three and out on our last meaningful possession.

There are a lot of flaws on this team.
Originally posted by kray28:
1 TD against a pathetic Washington defense says it all. Even if we didn't pass the rock, Gore should have cutting through their D like a knife through. Instead, he can pickup two measly yards on our last trip to the redzone, and we're three and out on our last meaningful possession.

There are a lot of flaws on this team.

Originally posted by kray28:
1 TD against a pathetic Washington defense says it all. Even if we didn't pass the rock, Gore should have cutting through their D like a knife through. Instead, he can pickup two measly yards on our last trip to the redzone, and we're three and out on our last meaningful possession.

There are a lot of flaws on this team.

Gore had 100 yards and averaged 5.6 a carry. The 'skins D tightened up and we could have done a better job coming up with plays to score--lots of work to do--but Gore had a very good game. The offense as a whole was good. Couple of drops, a fumble, couple of sacks, but they got points on every drive they could. Smart football, and room for improvement.
Originally posted by kray28:
1 TD against a pathetic Washington defense says it all. Even if we didn't pass the rock, Gore should have cutting through their D like a knife through. Instead, he can pickup two measly yards on our last trip to the redzone, and we're three and out on our last meaningful possession.

There are a lot of flaws on this team.

so many flaws that we are 7-1
All the stats and the regular season record won't help us when we play a team that can actually score on our D.

Yes, there are a few of them out there. You homers know which teams they are too.
Originally posted by kray28:
All the stats and the regular season record won't help us when we play a team that can actually score on our D.

Yes, there are a few of them out there. You homers know which teams they are too.

all fans are homers. aren't they? What's the point of being a fan if you aren't a homer?

"Oh, I'm objective, so I have to b***h and moan about everything and never be satisfied." What a crappy way to enjoy an entertainment.
Theres flaws on every team. On any given day any player can be a flaw. Any players right arm or left leg can be a flaw if hes injured or sick. Good teams find a way to win. Good QB's find a way to win. And finally i have seen Alex drive down and put us ahead to win the game and this team has put away games against TOUGH opponents like PHI, DET, TB, and Cincy. Theres a lot more to be happy about than negative. Although i do see need for improvement on the passing game and some of the situational "crunch time" play calling. I can accept constructive criticism for the team, everybody needs it all the time to get better.