LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 177 users in the forums

Are the 49ers overrated at #2 in the power rankings?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are the 49ers overrated at #2 in the power rankings?

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for fastforward.
Originally posted by strat1080:
Green Bay's played a tougher team than the 49ers. Give me a break. New Orleans is a good team. Playing in Atlanta is one of the toughest venues in the NFL. Playing at Soldier Field is tough. Untested. Give me a break. Records don't always tell the whole story. IMO, the Saints and Falcons are better than any team the 49ers have played. Especially the Falcons in Atl. They've lost like twice in the last 3 years at home.

The 49ers would have beaten the Falcons in their home last year had it not been for a stupid defensive play after an interception.
No way. Niners are for real. Are we going to go out and blow away teams by 30 points......NO. But is every game against us going to be a fight to the Death....YES. We had four east coast games in the first eight games. We had Detroit at home when they were rolling. We beat a good eagles team because we wouldn't quit. We beat the Giants on Sunday and we didn't have Frank Gore.

Are we going to go undefeated for the rest of the year, I don't think so, but we have good tests in Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

We are the real deal.
We'll probably split against the Steelers and Ravens and drop one out of five (somehow) against remaining West teams on the schedule. 13-3.
check out my week 11 power rankings. join and follow the blog!!

http://tjssportstake.blogspot.com/2011/11/week-11-nfl-power-rankings.html
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by strat1080:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
good post and I agree especially with the bolded.

I wouldn't. A team like Green Bay has already proven it can be formiddable with key injuries. The 49ers would be lost without Frank Gore.

No

Kendall Hunter, baby.

Dude is a Packers fan, I've been checking his profile, he only posts in threads regarding the Packers(which is fine), but it explains why he would think that.

This was true under Nolantary, but other teams fans don't understand how different our offense is. Nor do they understand that over half our defense is filled with vast improvements this year. And we had a darn good defense under Nolantary.

They just don't understand that this team is a well oiled, well coached machine, that is getting better.

Gore had 0 yards and we would have blown the Giants away if not for some stupid defensive play-calling (which is our biggest weakness this year).
Patriots D is garbage, and Ravens are suspect at best on the road. if the games were flip flopped, Ravens at our home and Steelers at their home, i see us winning both no problem. But still i see us beating the ravens on thanksgiving.. They have Ray Rice we have the best run D, they have a QB no better than ours, and Boldin, then they have a speedy rookie with 50/50 hands. I say we take it and are fine at #2
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
And I think you overestimate our passing attack. Sorry but I dont really trust Alex Smith if the Niners running game gets shut down. When he proves that he can win games with his arm at least a couple of times then I will be more comfortable saying we are a TOP 2-3 team in the league.

You still doubting our passing game John?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Your whining has nothing to do with reality, and everything to do with fearful projections of events which haven't occurred.

He's just scurred is all.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by kray28:
All the stats and the regular season record won't help us when we play a team that can actually score on our D.

Yes, there are a few of them out there. You homers know which teams they are too.

all fans are homers. aren't they? What's the point of being a fan if you aren't a homer?

"Oh, I'm objective, so I have to b***h and moan about everything and never be satisfied." What a crappy way to enjoy an entertainment.

The difference between a homer and a fan is simply a grasp of reality, and a understanding of your team's limitations.

Your whining has nothing to do with reality, and everything to do with fearful projections of events which haven't occurred.
I don't see this as whining. We do have limitations and we still have a lot of work to do to get better (as you even stated earlier). Does that make you a whiner too?
No we are not overrated. The Giants are a very good football team overall and they're good enough to win a championship, well we just beat them so I don't think we're overrated but we do have much room for improvement. If the passing game gets better then I think we will win the whole thing.

Originally posted by Archie:
No we are not overrated. The Giants are a very good football team overall and they're good enough to win a championship, well we just beat them so I don't think we're overrated but we do have much room for improvement. If the passing game gets better then I think we will win the whole thing.

Passing D needs to get better too.
Based on what I've seen on other teams and thier records - no, we're not over-rated BUT the Giants game showed we really need to improve in certain areas like getting a little more rotation for the Dline. Justin said he just put his arms up when blocking the pass because he was exhausted and couldn't move.

When we play better teams, they won't be going 3 & out like other teams. The Giants showed that. When the Dline slows doen the secondary is vulnerable.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by Archie:

Passing D needs to get better too.

Yeah, if we stop their pass we can beat anyone. funny how the guy before you mentioned our passing game needs to get better. Does he realize if we stopped dallas's pass game in the 4th we would be undefeated?
We have the 2nd best record in the NFL, and have played a strong schedule. So, no.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No. The D. is pretty awesome. The special teams is awesome. The O Line is really good. The RB's are really good. Alex is plaing very good football and we have one of the best HC's in the leauge. How is that overrated? It's functioning on all cylinders.

Power ranking based on over all not only D , but I still love my Niners !
Share 49ersWebzone