There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are the 49ers overrated at #2 in the power rankings?

Are the 49ers overrated at #2 in the power rankings?

Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by kray28:
All the stats and the regular season record won't help us when we play a team that can actually score on our D.

Yes, there are a few of them out there. You homers know which teams they are too.

all fans are homers. aren't they? What's the point of being a fan if you aren't a homer?

"Oh, I'm objective, so I have to b***h and moan about everything and never be satisfied." What a crappy way to enjoy an entertainment.

The difference between a homer and a fan is simply a grasp of reality, and a understanding of your team's limitations.

Your whining has nothing to do with reality, and everything to do with fearful projections of events which haven't occurred.
I don't see this as whining. We do have limitations and we still have a lot of work to do to get better (as you even stated earlier). Does that make you a whiner too?
No we are not overrated. The Giants are a very good football team overall and they're good enough to win a championship, well we just beat them so I don't think we're overrated but we do have much room for improvement. If the passing game gets better then I think we will win the whole thing.
Originally posted by Archie:
No we are not overrated. The Giants are a very good football team overall and they're good enough to win a championship, well we just beat them so I don't think we're overrated but we do have much room for improvement. If the passing game gets better then I think we will win the whole thing.

Passing D needs to get better too.
Based on what I've seen on other teams and thier records - no, we're not over-rated BUT the Giants game showed we really need to improve in certain areas like getting a little more rotation for the Dline. Justin said he just put his arms up when blocking the pass because he was exhausted and couldn't move.

When we play better teams, they won't be going 3 & out like other teams. The Giants showed that. When the Dline slows doen the secondary is vulnerable.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by Archie:

Passing D needs to get better too.

Yeah, if we stop their pass we can beat anyone. funny how the guy before you mentioned our passing game needs to get better. Does he realize if we stopped dallas's pass game in the 4th we would be undefeated?
We have the 2nd best record in the NFL, and have played a strong schedule. So, no.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No. The D. is pretty awesome. The special teams is awesome. The O Line is really good. The RB's are really good. Alex is plaing very good football and we have one of the best HC's in the leauge. How is that overrated? It's functioning on all cylinders.

Power ranking based on over all not only D , but I still love my Niners !
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Week 11 power rankings:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings
The 9ers are still undefeated.... in Regulation !!!

W-L-OT-OTL
8-0-1-1
Originally posted by mayo49:
Week 11 power rankings:

Thanks for posting without being a spoiler.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Week 11 power rankings:

Thanks for posting without being a spoiler.

hard to spoil last weeks power rankings
Originally posted by valrod33:
hard to spoil last weeks power rankings

you got a point.