LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

2 Niner defenders on Kings mid-season all pro team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Method:
I love bowman, but Willis has been the best player on the best defense in the league. The guy makes this s**t click

Bingo. Also add in Justin Smith. Without those two, this defense would be average at best.
Originally posted by VtownNinerFan:
If the rams of all teams can destroy the saints then the niners wouldn't have much trouble, our front seven is better and our defense as a whole is much better than the rams, analysts need to wake up and realize what the niners are capable of.

Well said. Green bay on the other hand, I don't know. Aaron rodgers ability to move out of the pocket, throw on the run, and scramble would be one hella of a test for our d. Not to mention, the last time we won a game in green bay, Montana was the quarterback. Come to think of it, we have only beaten them once in the last 20 years.
[ Edited by dave1003 on Nov 4, 2011 at 12:04 AM ]
No Willis and no Aldon Smith.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No Willis and no Aldon Smith.....

This and Chancellor over Reed......

Originally posted by niners9ers:
Defensive Rookie of the Year: LB Von Miller, Broncos????????????? hmmmmm.... Thats Funny He Just Got Benched By Broncos Last Week

Schefter picked Aldon Smith as Def ROY so far.
Pats defeat Packers in the SB?

Gimme a break. Original thought failure. Pats defense is atrocious.
Ummmmm Peter King is ghey.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
I bet he's never watched a full 9er game all year. It's so evident, he has NaVarro rated better then Patrick? We know NaVarro is having a great season but having Willis off that list is just plain dumb. It's like not having Rodgers as the QB...
Originally posted by dj43:
Not 49er related but, I would be very interested to hear why he thinks the Pats would beat Green Bay. That Patriot defense is NOT stopping much this season.

The Packers haven't done too well at stopping anything on defense this year either.
For god sake, they gave up 450 total yards to the Rams.
Let them in the redzone 4-5 times.
If the Rams were able to punch those redzone drives in, they could've won.
It isn't like the Packers have been blowing teams out by any means.
Packers 42 Saints 34 ------ 1 TD------------------------------- Saints Total Yards 480
Packers 30 Panthers 23 -- 1 TD------------------------------- Panthers Total Yards 480
Packers 27 Bears 17 ------- 1 TD 1 FG----------------------- Bears Total Yards 300
Packers 49 Broncos 23 ---- 3 TD 1 SAFETY 1 FG ----- Broncos Total Yards 400
Packers 25 Falcons 14 ---- 1 TD 2PT CONV. 1 FG----- Falcons Total Yards 251
Packers 24 Rams 3 --------- 3 TD ------------------------------ Rams Total Yards 424
Packers 33 Vikings 26 ----- 2 FGs ---------------------------- Vikings Total Yards 435
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by okdkid:
The common complaint amongst pundits is that the 49ers are not "built" to beat a team like the Packers or the Saints in the playoffs.

I'm really not seeing it.

In fact, I'll take the opposite point of view. I don't think the Packers or Saints are built to beat a team like the 49ers in the playoffs.

In January, throwing the ball 50 times with a sieve of a defense will not win you games. Controlling the trenches on both sides of the ball and winning the turnover battle is what wins games.

The Packers and Saints will be fighting an upfield battle should they visit San Francisco in January.

Who is saying that? The Niners are probably the team best built with the way they are playing now for the playoffs.

we would kill the saints

the saints blitz ike every play and alex has the 2nd best qb rating against blitzes

Originally posted by JayDAche:
Originally posted by dj43:
Not 49er related but, I would be very interested to hear why he thinks the Pats would beat Green Bay. That Patriot defense is NOT stopping much this season.

The Packers haven't done too well at stopping anything on defense this year either.
For god sake, they gave up 450 total yards to the Rams.
Let them in the redzone 4-5 times.
If the Rams were able to punch those redzone drives in, they could've won.
It isn't like the Packers have been blowing teams out by any means.
Packers 42 Saints 34 ------ 1 TD------------------------------- Saints Total Yards 480
Packers 30 Panthers 23 -- 1 TD------------------------------- Panthers Total Yards 480
Packers 27 Bears 17 ------- 1 TD 1 FG----------------------- Bears Total Yards 300
Packers 49 Broncos 23 ---- 3 TD 1 SAFETY 1 FG ----- Broncos Total Yards 400
Packers 25 Falcons 14 ---- 1 TD 2PT CONV. 1 FG----- Falcons Total Yards 251
Packers 24 Rams 3 --------- 3 TD ------------------------------ Rams Total Yards 424
Packers 33 Vikings 26 ----- 2 FGs ---------------------------- Vikings Total Yards 435
good post

also its not like theyve played elite competition either
Packers Offensive/Defensive Stats
Packers 42 Saints 34 ------ Total Yards 399 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 480
Packers 30 Panthers 23 -- Total Yards 419 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 480
Packers 27 Bears 17 ------- Total Yards 392 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 300
Packers 49 Broncos 23 ---- Total Yards 507 ----------- Total Yards Allowed 400
Packers 25 Falcons 14 ---- Total Yards 426 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 251
Packers 24 Rams 3 --------- Total Yards 399 ----------- Total Yards Allowed 424
Packers 33 Vikings 26 ----- Total Yards 421 ----------- Total Yards Allowed 435
Total Yards Thus Far: 2963 ------- AVG YPG: 424 ------- Total Yards Allowed Thus Far: 2770 -------- AVG YAPG: 396

49ers 33 Seahawks 17 ---- Total Yards 209 ------------Total Yards Allowed 219
49ers 24 Cowboys 27 ------ Total Yards 206 ------------Total Yards Allowed 472 (90 of which came from that OT Pass)
49ers 13 Bengals 8 --------- Total Yards 226 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 228
49ers 24 Eagles 23 --------- Total Yards 442 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 513
49ers 48 Bucs 3 ------------- Total Yards 418 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 272
49ers 25 Lions 19 ----------- Total Yards 314 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 310
49ers 20 Browns 10 -------- Total Yards 348 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 290
Total Yards Thus Far: 2163 ------- AVG YPG: 309 ------- Total Yards Allowed Thus Far: 2304 --------- AVG YAPG: 330

Pats 34 Dolphins 24 ------- Total Yards 622 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 480
Pats 35 Chargers 21 ------- Total Yards 504 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 470
Pats 31 Bills 34 -------------- Total Yards 495 ----------- Total Yards Allowed 450
Pats 31 Raiders 19 --------- Total Yards 409 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 504
Pats 30 Jets 21 -------------- Total Yards 446 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 255
Pats 20 Cowboys 16 ------- Total Yards 371 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 377
Pats 17 Steelers 25 -------- Total Yards 213 ------------ Total Yards Allowed 427
Total Yards Thus Far: 3060 -------- AVG YPG: 438 ------- Total Yards Allowed Thus Far: 2963 --------- AVG YAPG: 424

....In my Opinion, neither of these teams are that superior to us.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
good post

also its not like theyve played elite competition either

Thank you,
And yes,the Packers have had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL throughout the first half of the season.
To see them go anything BUT 7-0 would have been a shock.
Even the "Decent" teams they played aren't the teams they have been in years past.
Originally posted by est1985:
If people would learn how to spell correctly then we wouldn't be having these thread title misunderstandings.

Regarding Peter King's assessments, let's just say I'd feel more comfortable believing a 3rd grader's take on the matter.

He IS dead wrong on the DROY. But ill give king alittle leeway after predicting a packers Steelers Superbowl BEFORE the 2010 season on the cover of SI.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by okdkid:
The common complaint amongst pundits is that the 49ers are not "built" to beat a team like the Packers or the Saints in the playoffs.

I'm really not seeing it.

In fact, I'll take the opposite point of view. I don't think the Packers or Saints are built to beat a team like the 49ers in the playoffs.

In January, throwing the ball 50 times with a sieve of a defense will not win you games. Controlling the trenches on both sides of the ball and winning the turnover battle is what wins games.

The Packers and Saints will be fighting an upfield battle should they visit San Francisco in January.

The problem with your assertion is that there's no such thing as a 4th quarter comeback by a team that controls the trenches. 4th quarter comebacks happen on the backs of the QB. If we are beating the Packers or the Saints, both Brees and Rodgers have the capability to put their teams on their backs and put up monster 4th quarters for the win.
Share 49ersWebzone