There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can the Niners attain No. 1 seed in NFC?

Originally posted by Kense:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Yes, but that has NOTHING to do with the efficiency we are talking about. We are talking only about Yards per point. Thats it.

Does good field position play into that? Of course it does. It also LOWERS yardage totals when the fields are shorter.

Does Alex miss recievers downfield? Yes. Is anyone here calling him a perfect QB? No.

Please....stick to one arguement and stop changing the discussion to be right.

I'll discuss things however I want to.

Weak.

Its like you argue one thing and then when someone tels you you're wrong you change the argument.

Weak.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 76
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Our offense isn't based on chucking the ball down the field. Smith's downfield accuracy is a problem that can be partially fixed with more practice time with Crabtree, who has not been able to practice much. But ALL Qb's accuracy goes down the farther they throw it down field. That's a fact.

Field position is part of what makes us so balanced.

Missing wide open receivers is a problem no matter how far away they are.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 76
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Weak.

Its like you argue one thing and then when someone tels you you're wrong you change the argument.

Weak.

No weak is thinking you're right about everything and calling people wrong who don't agree with you. Weak is thinking a balanced TEAM is all about how many times they run vs. pass. Ignoring special teams & defensive play.
Originally posted by Kense:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Our offense isn't based on chucking the ball down the field. Smith's downfield accuracy is a problem that can be partially fixed with more practice time with Crabtree, who has not been able to practice much. But ALL Qb's accuracy goes down the farther they throw it down field. That's a fact.

Field position is part of what makes us so balanced.

Missing wide open receivers is a problem no matter how far away they are.

....


go niners. enjoy the game this weekend.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 76
Originally posted by HessianDud:
....


go niners. enjoy the game this weekend.

Indeed!
Originally posted by Kense:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
This is a joke, right?

The DEFINITION of balance in the football sense is run vs pass. The whole point of balance is so that a D doesn't know if you are going to run or pass so you can't sell out to stop one and not risk getting beat with the other. Thats why you strive for balance.

If you are going to add special teams...OK...they are one of the best in that regard as well.

I don't get your entire concept of blanace or how you can claim the Steelers to be the most balanced. Ben threw like 50 passes last week.

Actually Is this a Joke? So a team means offense to you? Nothing more. A balanced team is ONLY offense right? Yeah sure. The 2000 Ravens were a balanced team I forgot.

In the NFL nobody is invincible, anybody can lose to anybody but there are elite teams and Green bay is one of them. Not sure how you can call the 49ers balanced when the passing offense is second to last. The Steelers are the most balanced team in the league.

Your words.

We were talking about OFFENSE. I said the OFFENSE was balanced.

This is what I'm talking about. You change the argument when you are shown to be wrong. I'm done with you. Moving on.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 76
Originally posted by Marvin49:

In the NFL nobody is invincible, anybody can lose to anybody but there are elite teams and Green bay is one of them. Not sure how you can call the 49ers balanced when the passing offense is second to last. The Steelers are the most balanced team in the league.

Your words.

We were talking about OFFENSE. I said the OFFENSE was balanced.

This is what I'm talking about. You change the argument when you are shown to be wrong. I'm done with you. Moving on.

You obviously didn't get what I said, My point is Pittsburgh is pretty even in all Aspects. Passing, Running, Defense, Special Teams The 49ers dip dramatically when you talk about the passing game and pass defense. Pittsburgh is a more rounded team in all parts.
Originally posted by Kense:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Oh yeah....and the Niners have run 214 times to 185 passes. Thats a difference of 29.

Steelers have run 212 times to 286 passes. Thats a differenc of 74.

How exactly are they more balanced?

Ummm There's more to balance than Run Vs. Pass.

stanford offense 2010

253 pass attempts

307 run attempts

stanford with the godssend andrew luck ran more than they passed


and they dont even have a frank gore
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Kense:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Oh yeah....and the Niners have run 214 times to 185 passes. Thats a difference of 29.

Steelers have run 212 times to 286 passes. Thats a differenc of 74.

How exactly are they more balanced?

Ummm There's more to balance than Run Vs. Pass.

stanford offense 2010

253 pass attempts

307 run attempts

stanford with the godssend andrew luck ran more than they passed


and they dont even have a frank gore

EXACTLY.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Muggins879:
Nice write-up dude. Thanks. Why did I have to go through nine pages to read one piece though? It was like two paragraphs and then needed to go to another page.

That's the way the majority of the B/R articles read.

They say its easier for readers to remain interested in the article, like being interactive I guess. Plus I think they are easier to read, you are able to list out 7 reasons why and prove your point about each one individually.

But thanks for the comment, man.

Actually it is because each time you click next, it is a new page view which pads their traffic stats. Plus, it is all new ad impressions which adds to their income.

Lots of sites do this now. Brilliant if you ask me.

But it was a fun article to read. Thanks for sharing it. I enjoyed it.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
stanford offense 2011

253 pass attempts

307 run attempts

stanford with the godssend andrew luck ran more than they passed


and they dont even have a frank gore

and in 2010 with harbaugh as coach

379 attempts

535 runs

about 240 more attempts
Originally posted by kray28:
I don't see the Packers losing any of these games.

Basically the one game they played poorly was against Atlanta....and they still managed to pull that one out. I think Atlanta's a better team than all of these.

If they aren't half-arsing it, and are trying to win....they win out.

Did you watch them play the Rams? The rams were getting after Rodgers that whole game, they actually made better adjustments in the second half and shut the Packers down completely in the second half.
Nice article but it didn't really tell me anything about the Packers remaining schedule, which is kind of the main obstacle if we are speculating about being the #1 seed. I can see us being the #2 seed, simply because of the weakness of our division and the way we've handled the early, tough games. But we still have a lot of work to do and a long road ahead of us, and there will be setbacks along the way.
Originally posted by Prospector:
Nice article but it didn't really tell me anything about the Packers remaining schedule, which is kind of the main obstacle if we are speculating about being the #1 seed. I can see us being the #2 seed, simply because of the weakness of our division and the way we've handled the early, tough games. But we still have a lot of work to do and a long road ahead of us, and there will be setbacks along the way.

packers have a much more difficult schedule, and most of their tough games are within the conference, whereas two of our 3 tough games are in the AFC. So its possible that we can get the #1 even if we have the same record, as long as they have more losses within the conference. Of course we already have 1 of those, so odds are that the #2 is a more realistic goal.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
packers have a much more difficult schedule, and most of their tough games are within the conference, whereas two of our 3 tough games are in the AFC. So its possible that we can get the #1 even if we have the same record, as long as they have more losses within the conference. Of course we already have 1 of those, so odds are that the #2 is a more realistic goal.

Ah, good info! Yeah saw they had to play Detroit twice still, in another thread.

I agree about that website padding its traffic with useless, multiple page articles. All that could have been said on one page.