[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 1, 2011 at 1:23 PM ]
There are 828 users in the forums
Caution: are 9ers "playing down" to lesser competition?
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:04 PM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,715
they definitely seemed complacent in the second half. Almost like they were bored.
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:05 PM
- okdkid
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,726
Could the 2nd half been better? Of course.
But make no mistake. At no point were the Browns close to being in this game.
They were completely and utterly dominated in all phases. The score does not tell the entire story.
But make no mistake. At no point were the Browns close to being in this game.
They were completely and utterly dominated in all phases. The score does not tell the entire story.
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:09 PM
- hondakillerzx
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,280
played too much prevent in the second half and our offense looked like it didnt give a s**t lol. i doubt harbaugh lets it happen again though. i expect a scorched earth asswhoopin this week for the sorry ass redskins
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:11 PM
- WildBill
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,217
Originally posted by okdkid:
Could the 2nd half been better? Of course.
But make no mistake. At no point were the Browns close to being in this game.
They were completely and utterly dominated in all phases. The score does not tell the entire story.
You must have not watched the game. The Browns adjustments at the half stymied the run game, if not for Soaps catch that lead to a field goal and Goldson's clutch interception it would be a different game.
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:13 PM
- DRnSFw
- BlessUp
- Posts: 68,682
FREDDIE P SOFT made his apperance! JH is full of Shyt saying he didn't
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:16 PM
- D_Niner
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,508
They were playing eat the clock in the second half...
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:19 PM
- stonecold590
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,384
There was nothing soft about us in the second.half. They made adjustments and we didnt.
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:21 PM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
Maybe they were pissed off they didn't have 24 points at the half. I know I was at halftime and during the 2nd half
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:21 PM
- Antix
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,941
I felt they got complacent in the 2nd half and I was a bit annoyed, but I was only annoyed because it could have been another blowout. I prefer to watch Niner games with out the heart attacks and the slight raise in blood pressure at the end of this game was unnecessary. I never really felt as if we'd lose the game and sure enough when we needed a drive on O we got it, put up the 3 points and ended the game in a rather business like fashion.
The team has shown it can make plays when needed. Even if the Browns came all the way back I still feel we would have eventually made the plays to win the game.
As far as playing down to competition I really don't know. This assumes we are much better than who we're playing, but I don't feel that way right now. I feel we can beat any team in the league but I also feel any team in the league can beat us.
I think as a team, from coaching all the way down to the waterboys, we felt and knew we'd win.the game but we wn't be able to do that every week, it just happened to be one of those games where we pulled out the win. It could easily bite us in the ass later down the line.
The team has shown it can make plays when needed. Even if the Browns came all the way back I still feel we would have eventually made the plays to win the game.
As far as playing down to competition I really don't know. This assumes we are much better than who we're playing, but I don't feel that way right now. I feel we can beat any team in the league but I also feel any team in the league can beat us.
I think as a team, from coaching all the way down to the waterboys, we felt and knew we'd win.the game but we wn't be able to do that every week, it just happened to be one of those games where we pulled out the win. It could easily bite us in the ass later down the line.
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:21 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,136
They got bored in the second and took their foot off the gas.
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:24 PM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
No. Alex missed a few throws that would have blown the game open.
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:34 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,136
Originally posted by Joecool:No. Alex missed a few throws that would have blown the game open.
Alex doesn't miss throws, it was Crabtree's fault for not being ten feet tall.
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:41 PM
- KowboyKiller
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,991
I think maybe the bye threw them off a bit. They had six days off which is a long time.
This year teams have been rusty after they bye probably because the league instituted a mandatory 4 day off for players. In prior years, a bye week usually led to wins.
I think they play even better now, they are healthier and we have Braylon back.
This year teams have been rusty after they bye probably because the league instituted a mandatory 4 day off for players. In prior years, a bye week usually led to wins.
I think they play even better now, they are healthier and we have Braylon back.
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:46 PM
- cypherninja
- Veteran
- Posts: 138
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Joecool:
No. Alex missed a few throws that would have blown the game open.
Alex doesn't miss throws, it was Crabtree's fault for not being ten feet tall.
hahahaha