LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Should we lock up Braylon, (if he continues to play well), before he hits FA?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Lock em up and draft Michael Floyd!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Unfortunately his injury put a damper on his performance value. He really hasn't done much to warrant a new contract NOR has he done anything not to sign him. His attitude is excellent and he works hard. On the surface I'd be comfortable resigning him but it is a little early to make an informed decision. CRodgers however has performed and it would be great if we can lock him up to a good deal.

This is why you want to lock him up now, aka Jordy Nelson with the Packers. If Braylon will sign a friendly contract for 3-5 season, ie 4 million a year (similar to jordy nelson) I say go for it.
Maybe a change of scenery wasn't what Braylon needed... He was with the Jets... and the Browns... and still DROPPED key passes. If we do sign him... the contract has to be incentive based. If not... we might get the same old #17. Careful with what you ask for. I'm not sold on Braylon Edwards as a Niner just yet.
I think if we can get him on a 3 yr deal maybe 9 mil?
Depends on the price. He hasn't really produced a whole lot yet. Mind you, he hasn't really been asked to do a whole let yet either.
3 years 15 mil. Do it!!
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Nov 1, 2011 at 9:30 AM ]
Still pretty early for Braylon Edwards. If he can give us that playmaker like I think he could, he might do like Carlos Rogers did. Tell his agent to get an extension with us.
Depends on he wants but there are guys I would be working on before who might sign easier. Morgan, Ginn Jr, Brooks, Costanzo, Snyder, etc
Yes like yesterday
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Depends on the price IMO. He's proven to be injury prone thus far.

That would be a great pair of starters... do it, unless they draft someone as good or better.
Wait and see.

4 catches 42 yards against the Browns
8 catches 90 yards on the season

The price is got to be right.
Morgan was more productive than Edwards. We will not see how much Morgan had improved and how much he contributed to the team until playoffs. We are going to miss him so much. Morgan's blocking alone added 70-80 yds of offense to every game. Staley would have scored Sunday if Morgan was blocking the DB that Ginn wiffed on and who threw his body at Staley's feet. Crabtree had his DB locked up and Staley would have run right past them. I don't know if Edwards has the commitment to be a complete receiver like Rice, Taylor, et al were.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
3 years 15 mil. Do it!!

Or sweeten it a little with maybe 3yrs. $18M.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM ]
  • DJD
  • Veteran
The injury may actually help. It's going to be a damper on his stats, will make getting him for a reasonable price that much easier. I say extend him for sure! Him and Crabtree and Morgan next year will be a first class receiving corp.
Share 49ersWebzone