LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Is Harbaugh the best coach we've had since Seifert?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Harbaugh the best coach we've had since Seifert?

I was at the game yesterday and I was having this discussion with my cousin and a few other fans in our section and most all of us agreed that the answer to this question is yes. While it's a given that he is better than Nolan and Singletary, this is basically a question of, do we think Harbaugh is a better coach than Mooch..

I think he will have a better coaching career than the Mooch and but do we think he is now at this level, better than the Mooch ever was?
It's really early, but he may be better than Seifert... who inherited a ridiculous roster with a ridiculous coaching staff and owner. He didn't do ish in Carolina.
Originally posted by zozell:
I was at the game yesterday and I was having this discussion with my cousin and a few other fans in our section and most all of us agreed that the answer to this question is yes. While it's a given that he is better than Nolan and Singletary, this is basically a question of, do we think Harbaugh is a better coach than Mooch..

I think he will have a better coaching career than the Mooch and but do we think he is now at this level, better than the Mooch ever was?

i would have to say JH would need a ring to join Seifert.
Too soon to tell, but could be the best coach we've had since Walsh. I know I'll get lit up for this, but I was never a huge Siefert fan and felt he was mostly the recipient of Walsh's hand-me-downs and very aggressive free agent signings. I really liked Mariucci but think Harbaugh does have the ability to surpass him.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Absolutley, but I think he surpasses Mooch... just from what I've seen so far... Mooch to me didn't seem to have "IT" where as Harbaugh does... Imagine what Harbaugh would have done with Garcia, T.O. and Garrison Hearst... Harbaugh could have beaten Tampa Bay that year with that team the Mooch had in 2002
Originally posted by thedude:
Too soon to tell, but could be the best coach we've had since Walsh. I know I'll get lit up for this, but I was never a huge Siefert fan and felt he was mostly the recipient of Walsh's hand-me-downs and very aggressive free agent signings. I really liked Mariucci but think Harbaugh does have the ability to surpass him.

You don't think that he had any hand in building Walsh's teams, at least defensively?
Honestly i felt Mooch was a better coach than Siefert.
You forgot Erickson!!

I shall go further and risk the wrath of NT. I really liked Mooch but at current performance levels I think he may well even be a better Head Coach than George Seifert.

Early days, obviously.
Originally posted by sacniner:
It's really early, but he may be better than Seifert... who inherited a ridiculous roster with a ridiculous coaching staff and owner. He didn't do ish in Carolina.

I think he has a chance to be better than Seifert and Mooch, although they have different challenges as coaches. Still too early for Harbaugh to be determined.

Certainly Coach of the Year

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Absolutley, but I think he surpasses Mooch... just from what I've seen so far... Mooch to me didn't seem to have "IT" where as Harbaugh does... Imagine what Harbaugh would have done with Garcia, T.O. and Garrison Hearst... Harbaugh could have beaten Tampa Bay that year with that team the Mooch had in 2002

Yes Harbaugh has a totally different mind to Mooch, but It doesn't matter how many games are won or blowout games during a season.

How can a coach surpass another coach if both coaches cant win the SB?
I didn't vote because it's too early to tell. Ask us again at the end of the 2012 season. It sure looks promising though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Seifert? Your joking, right?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No doubt in my mind.

JH coach of the year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The man is doing an AMAZING job.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Seifert? Your joking, right?

No. Early days, though. Look at the inheritance they each enjoyed. And remember, this is HC only. Seifert's contribution to Walsh's teams gets my respect but is irrelevant here.
Share 49ersWebzone