There are 146 users in the forums

Did you know?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dwett
  • Veteran
I found this insert interesting from the book "The Games That Changed the Game" by Ron Jaworski. In it he is talking about the 1981-82 season divisional game against the Giants, the one before "The Catch", where L.T. was defensive rookie of the year.

"Walsh realized that L.T. could not be blocked with tight ends or backs, and left tackle Dan Audick didn't match up well physically with Taylor. So Bill turned to left guard John Ayers to stop the rookie linebacker. Ayers was instructed by line coach Bobb Mckittrick to "Molly" block, a technique that asked the guard to pull, or pop up from his interior line position to ward off an outside pass rusher."
[ Edited by dwett on Oct 26, 2011 at 3:13 PM ]
There are 2 ex-49 Super Bowl Champions returning to Candlestick park this Sunday with the Browns. Mike Wilson and Dwaine Board are assistant coaches with Cleveland.<br />
<br />
Upon further research I also saw that Jeff Ulbrich and Ken Norton Jr are coaches for the Seahawks and Ray brown with the Panthers. Anyone else know if any others? Bryant Young is with the Gators

Edit:Found a few more:
Ron Heller - Jaguars
Matt Cavanaugh - Jets
Howard Mudd - Eagles
Todd Bowles - Dolphins
[ Edited by RayWersching on Oct 27, 2011 at 2:04 PM ]
Kevin greene who played a yr with us and accumilated 10.5 sacks is clay matthews linebacker coach. Rodwoodson who played a yr with us is secondary coach with the raiders. Steve young has the highest qb rating for career of any qb. But kurt warner has 1% higher completion percentage better then steve young

My bad aaron rodgers so far in career has a career qb rating of 101. But young owned everyone else including brady and manning
[ Edited by frankie on Oct 26, 2011 at 10:57 PM ]
Kevin barlow couldnt last with dancing with the stars! We once had a line backer few yrs back who went to steelers and sucked as a pimp. Lmao fact is i forget his name
Originally posted by VaNiner540:
That Jeff Garcia has the best all-time qb rating for the 49ers

Would this be steve young? He has a career 96.8 qb rating! With the 2 yrs in tampa he never broke past a 65 qb rating! Youngs is higher then montanas
I think Ray Rhodes and George Seifert are the only members of the Niner coaching staff to participate in all five Super Bowl victories
Jeff Garcia has an insanely hot wife
Originally posted by frankie:
Kevin barlow couldnt last with dancing with the stars! We once had a line backer few yrs back who went to steelers and sucked as a pimp. Lmao fact is i forget his name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Seigler

He was not convicted of it though.
Originally posted by YungAce:

This.
The Dynasty has returned.

null
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by YungAce:

This.

Jerry Rice's record 208 TD's were scored on 197 passes, 10 rushes, and 1 fumble recovery in the end zone.

Through his career, he caught TD passes from 14 different passers, including:

SF Steve Young - 85
SF Joe Montana - 55
OAK Rich Gannon - 16
SF Jeff Garcia - 11
SF Elvis Grbac - 8
SF Jeff Kemp - 8
SF Steve Bono - 5
SEA Matt Hasselbeck - 2
OAK Rick Mirer - 2
SEA Trent Dilfer - 1
SF Matt Cavanaugh - 1
SF Harry Sydney - 1
SF Mike Moroski - 1
SF Terry Kirby - 1

ironically, Rice scored TD's from each distances of 0-48 yds at least once in his career, but never scored a 49 yd TD.
The Million Dollar Backfield consisted of: Y.A. Tittle, John Henry Johnson, Joe Perry and Hugh McElhenny. All 4 players are members of the Hall of Fame.
The "Alphabet Backfield" consisted of Y.A.Tittle, C.R. Roberts, J.D. Smith and R.C. Owens. They received this nickname because they were known by their initials and not their first names. Together they brought together the famous Alley-Oop passes and shotgun offense.
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
Originally posted by VaNiner540:
That Jeff Garcia has the best all-time qb rating for the 49ers

I did not know that!

Me either.
Share 49ersWebzone