There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Norris or Miller

Originally posted by WildBill:
I think Miller has earned the right to remain a starter.

Very much so
I think it's not even a hard question miller is way better and that's a converted position rookie
Miller Hands Down!!...We should release Norris..He has no special teams value and will just take up space in my opinion...
Short yardage Norris.....everything else "Its Miller Time".....
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Why do we need Norris? We have Isaac Sopoaga.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Why do we need Norris? We have Isaac Sopoaga.

And Boone and the possibility of Rachal at RG and putting Snyder back there. All are just as nimble as Norris

Miller is just the start of this offense, obviously this year isn't over but knowing Harbaughs Stanford roots, I can see us keeping 4 TE's possibly even more depending on development. Look at Jimmy Graham, Finley, etc. Harbaugh already identified the new breed of athlete while coaching at the college ranks and exploited it, and will bring it to the pro level.

Just think you got your solid 3-4 WR's and an additional one that wont dress for sundays, then you have VD, DW, Everyman-type like Byham, a versatile FB like Miller, and then another TE more in a receiver mold like a Graham or Finley. How does a defense account for that? They could line up with 3 TE sets and still be just as dangerous as a 3 WR set with the additional threat to run. 6'5 240 pound athletes that are still fluid enough to get open in space are the new power offense of the future... count it! As defenses sacrifice size for speed to cover the new wave of spread offenses, Harbaugh's stanford-like NFL offense will exploit that without hurting the running game.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Split time...not sold on miller yet

Miller...never was sold on Norris.
Is this even a question?

Miller in a landslide.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Ginger Power !!
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:

this
Miller hands down!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:

this

that
what has norris done... ever?
Almost everyone feels strongly about Miller over Norris, but that's almost solely due to one aspect of their games. Miller is the better receiver.

When it comes to blocking, the core of a FB's role, things are a bit more muddied. Miller has done well, but a lot of the differences are things that viewers won't notice as much as their RB will. It takes a consistency and confidence in how and where they'll block for a RB to feel really confident in trusting their lead blocks.

I'd probably prefer for Miller to start and continue growing, but Norris is a very good lead blocker, despite his unimpressive receiving ability. I think we should keep both and rotate them until we have a need to get rid of one.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Miller is playing well, and getting better every game

I think Norris may be the next one off the 53, If we see someone we like become available

Love Sopo coming in as the power FB too, bet he gets a chance to throw the ball one of these days
(anyone who's seen him throw knows what im talkin about)