LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Norris or Miller

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
We should stick with what we've got going right now.

Originally posted by PTulini:
There's no way (barring injury) Bruce Miller loses the starting FB job. The running game has really improved since Miller stepped in. Plus, he offers us more versatility on offense. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

This staff should be smart enough to realize that. The past ones would have benched Miller, put Norris in and let them continue to struggle. So I hope they let Miller continue to start but wonder if they will use any two FB sets for short yardage?
I think Miller has earned the right to remain a starter.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Split time...not sold on miller yet

Norris is downright atrocious. Even if Miller was considered a bad player, it would still be an upgrade over Norris.
Nobody has said it yet so I will, Miller reminds me of #44
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

This is all I need to know. Miller is an upgrade. Norris sucks

This still sickens me

Miller is more explosive and can actually get YAC ..it is a small miracle if Norris even catches the damn ball
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Norris is downright atrocious. Even if Miller was considered a bad player, it would still be an upgrade over Norris.

Miller reminds me more of a WCO type fullback maybe even more like a Leonard Weaver. He belongs in this system. Norris needs to take the boot.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Miller reminds me more of a WCO type fullback maybe even more like a Leonard Weaver. He belongs in this system. Norris needs to take the boot.

Not sure how his blocking is, but the way he run and catch out of the backfield reminds me a little of his coach, Tom Rathman. Maybe more like Mike Alstott
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
This staff should be smart enough to realize that. The past ones would have benched Miller, put Norris in and let them continue to struggle. So I hope they let Miller continue to start but wonder if they will use any two FB sets for short yardage?

They won't dress two fullbacks on game day. Norris will stay with the team because his veteran salary is guaranteed, and he's a nice insurance option. On game day he won't dress. If Miller should get hurt, then a TE or Dixon will play FB the rest of the game.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
We should stick with what we've got going right now.

Originally posted by PTulini:
There's no way (barring injury) Bruce Miller loses the starting FB job. The running game has really improved since Miller stepped in. Plus, he offers us more versatility on offense. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Harbaugh has stated this when asked these question.

Do you have a sort of a philosophy on injuries? Some coaches decide that a player is a starter and he gets injured, he doesn't lose his starting job because of injury, what's your stance on that?

"No, I don't have that policy."

When do you expect FB Moran Norris back?

"There you go. Just ask the question [laughs]. We're going to hope for tomorrow. We'll hope that he can come out there tomorrow, and participate."

Well I'm going to go ahead and ask the question, has FB Bruce Miller done enough to hold onto his starting, or his top fullback job?"

He's done a great job. We're really pleased with what Bruce has done. And that he's improved every week too, which is really good. As far as when Moran is back and healthy, and they're both in there competing at the same time, we'll see who's playing better, who's practicing better, who gives us the better opportunity will dictate who will start."

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/Coachs-Notebook-Oct-24/bde3a514-6f45-401b-9fdd-bab60a73c0bf
[ Edited by gamechanger on Oct 25, 2011 at 8:46 AM ]

Norris hasn't been Norris for a few years now and Miller is clearly playing better and has far more upside. The coaches would have to be deaf, dumb and blind to put Norris back in ahead of Miller. It's Miller all the way.
  • jdc49
  • Veteran
Miller by a mile...
Lets see,
Moran out and Gore has 3 straight 100 yrd games.

What else is there to say

GTFO Norris
Can anyone justify Moran Norris unseating Bruce Miller?
Miller and it's not even close.
Share 49ersWebzone