LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Norris or Miller

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There really doesn't seem to be any reason not to start Miller. We have been trucking with him in the game and he can do so much more than norris.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The run game has been great with Miller starting, he'll likely keep the job. But Norris could get some snaps near the goal line.
We should stick with what we've got going right now.
Originally posted by Hopper:
The run game has been great with Miller starting, he'll likely keep the job. But Norris could get some snaps near the goal line.

Carry 2 FBs?
norris can get to steppin'
I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh calls for 2 FB sets. I mean, he puts in multiple guards, RBs, and TEs
Miller, Miller and more Miller
Originally posted by angelv05:
Originally posted by Hopper:

Carry 2 FBs?

well if we were only carrying one, we would of been screwed when Norris went down
BRUISE MILLER !!
Miller no question, the versatility he brings is too big of an asset. Norris wont dress on gamedays as long as Miller is healthy.

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Well, I am unsold on Norris. So, yes.

+1
Bruce Miller is faster, can hit the moving target better downfield, and has better hands. Moran Norris probably has more power, but I'd take Miller anyday. GREAT PICK by Baalke who was roasted by the board for taking him and converting him. I think Miller can catch a lot of passes for us, he was wide open in the Tampa Bay game and at times in the Detroit game.

I predict Miller keeps the starting role and Norris maybe cut at some point this year or next year.

I also like the way that Harbaugh is using Delanie Wallker in a H-back type of role. He's a better fullback option when you move him around before the snap.
  • bors
  • Veteran
norris

jk
Right now Miller is easily doing enough to keep his starting spot and going with Harbaugh's penchant for playing the guy who is practicing the best bodes well for Miller. I want to continue seeing Miller get the experience while he also continues to play arrow-up every week. Norris is just insurance with the premium being already paid for , until his roster spot gets filled by a greater need or more talented player. I'm sure Miller is still picking up info from Norris's experience too.

I hope it continues to be Miller time.
There's no way (barring injury) Bruce Miller loses the starting FB job. The running game has really improved since Miller stepped in. Plus, he offers us more versatility on offense. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Share 49ersWebzone