There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Big Question. Can we win it all?

The Big Question. Can we win it all?

• buck
  • Veteran
We have a long way to go before the regular season is over.

We should win some more games before we can realistically talk about winning it all.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
Wow! "Can we win it all" has reached 7 pages... and my "When will we clinch" thread has sunk like lead.
WTF did I do wrong?

I voted YES in this poll.

You're from Texas.

I know, you're being funny but...
No.
I was born a block from Kezar and grew up in the bay area. I moved here two years ago.
Originally posted by buck:

We should win some more games before we can realistically talk about winning it all.

Just saying right now we are as good as anybody. Things could change. I don't think so with a Harbaugh coached team. This is not SingleBrainCell we are talking about.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by buck:

Just saying right now we are as good as anybody. Things could change. I don't think so with a Harbaugh coached team. This is not SingleBrainCell we are talking about.

Agreed. We may lose a couple games before the seasons over, but no way does Harbaugh let this team tank. No. f**king. Way.
Sure, we can. It'd be tough though. I think the best team we will play is Baltimore.

If we can beat the Ravens on the road, I will firmly believe we can beat anybody. New England, Green Bay, whoever.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Sure, we can. It'd be tough though. I think the best team we will play is Baltimore.

If we can beat the Ravens on the road, I will firmly believe we can beat anybody. New England, Green Bay, whoever.

I think the Patriots or GB would be incredibly tough. But it's not impossible how we have been playing.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
Originally posted by susweel:
If we had a better QB we could.

You gotta admit he is the weakest link on the team.

No, he's not.

Yes he is.

Prove it with facts/stats.

How about you prove he is not with facts and stats?

Anyways he was lights out in the second half in the Lions game. Oh wait no he wasn't. That was the worst half he had all season. But wait ,that does not matter,he threw the game winning TD so it's all good now right?. But wait he also threw a INT that let the Lions back into the game when he could have closed them out. But wait....ah forget it that's Alex. Not consistent Alex.

I listened to him today on ESPN Radio and he pretty much said it himself that he just is not consistent and he needs to get better. Sound familiar ? It should he has been singing the same"verse" in almost every interview his whole career. Hey even Alex admits (AGAIN) he needs to get better. (BROKEN RECORD)

Easy buddy, Alex saying he needs to get better is a statement you would hear from any QB at any point in his career. Whether you like it or not he is making strides under Harbaugh. Go Alex and Go Niners
Listen up "BUDDY" Alex has been saying this for a long time "BUDDY"

I think the Patriots or GB would be incredibly tough. But it's not impossible how we have been playing.

The Pats are as one-dimensional as one-dimensional gets. The problem is that one dimension.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

The Pats are as one-dimensional as one-dimensional gets. The problem is that one dimension.

That 1 dimension is pretty good.
Think about it this way. We dont get 400+ yards in a game cause special teams gives phenominal field position that we dont need 80 yards to go everytime so thats a stat that seems irrelevant
Originally posted by echav4949:
Think about it this way. We dont get 400+ yards in a game cause special teams gives phenominal field position that we dont need 80 yards to go everytime so thats a stat that seems irrelevant

The special teams has been good and the defense too has placed us in good positions.

Anyways he was lights out in the second half in the Lions game. Oh wait no he wasn't. That was the worst half he had all season. But wait ,that does not matter,he threw the game winning TD so it's all good now right?. But wait he also threw a INT that let the Lions back into the game when he could have closed them out. But wait....ah forget it that's Alex. Not consistent Alex.

I listened to him today on ESPN Radio and he pretty much said it himself that he just is not consistent and he needs to get better. Sound familiar ? It should he has been singing the same"verse" in almost every interview his whole career. Hey even Alex admits (AGAIN) he needs to get better. (BROKEN RECORD)

As someone already stated, he is ranked #8 in the league in QB play and has a record of 5-1. THAT IS A FACT.

He made plays when it mattered and has not cost us a single game this year. THAT IS A FACT.

Even if he said he was not consistent, where does it say that he is the weakest link of this team? By who??? Link???

Although our passing game is ranked 30th, it is due to our running game being utilized more. We are currently ranked #5 and everyone knows we run the ball more vs. pass. THAT IS A FACT.

Those statements I listed can be found anywhere on the net in regards this years Alex Smith. ANYWHERE and THAT IS A FACT.

Now as far as your ASSUMPTION that he is the weakest link on this team, where are your facts?

Do you ever wonder why we are ranked 30th in passing besides the fact that we have Gore?
This is a passing league and as much as Harbaugh is in many ways a run first to set up the pass coach, this still is a passing league. You ever think that the reason why a WEST COAST OFFENSE looks less like a WEST COAST OFFENSE and more like a RUN FIRST OFFENSE might be because a coach is managing ( controlling..not trusting) his QB ?

As someone already stated, he is ranked #8 in the league in QB play and has a record of 5-1. THAT IS A FACT.

He made plays when it mattered and has not cost us a single game this year. THAT IS A FACT.

Even if he said he was not consistent, where does it say that he is the weakest link of this team? By who??? Link???

Although our passing game is ranked 30th, it is due to our running game being utilized more. We are currently ranked #5 and everyone knows we run the ball more vs. pass. THAT IS A FACT.

Those statements I listed can be found anywhere on the net in regards this years Alex Smith. ANYWHERE and THAT IS A FACT.

Now as far as your ASSUMPTION that he is the weakest link on this team, where are your facts?

Do you ever wonder why we are ranked 30th in passing besides the fact that we have Gore?
This is a passing league and as much as Harbaugh is in many ways a run first to set up the pass coach, this still is a passing league. You ever think that the reason why a WEST COAST OFFENSE looks less like a WEST COAST OFFENSE and more like a RUN FIRST OFFENSE might be because a coach is managing ( controlling..not trusting) his QB ?

No. It's because we have good RB's a good RB O Line and we are taking advantage of that. Not many have showed they can stop us. So why not keep doing it?
If we had a better QB we could.

lol I know you have a bad wrap for being a negative nancy, but seriously dude...

This is a passing league and as much as Harbaugh is in many ways a run first to set up the pass coach, this still is a passing league. You ever think that the reason why a WEST COAST OFFENSE looks less like a WEST COAST OFFENSE and more like a RUN FIRST OFFENSE might be because a coach is managing( controlling..not trusting) his QB ?

Hearsay. Those are all opinions from you. You said he is the weakest link on this team and I asked you to support it with facts/stats. I am still waiting.

No one said AS is in the elite pantheon of QB but he is playin like one his year. No one said he will be a HOF type of QB but he sure is winning games for us this year. The fact that you and sus cannot see that he is NOT the weakest link to this team is sad and born out of hatred you guys have for AS.