The Big Question. Can we win it all?

The Big Question. Can we win it all?

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If we had a better QB we could.

You gotta admit he is the weakest link on the team.

No, he's not.

Then what's holding the passing offense back ?

Play calling??? No WR's??? O-Line still iffy in pass protection????

Give credit where it's due. We've known about your hatred for AS as our QB but the kid is playing well this year and for once, we cannot say he is the weakest link.

if we keep playing like this I don't see why not.

gonna need our WR's to step it up against the top teams though. dropping 3rd down passes isn't going to do it.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 18, 2011 at 5:07 PM ]

You never miss a chance do you?
Originally posted by verb1der:
I have no doubt in my mind that this team can shock the world.

I'm starting to see things that I can't even believe. This team is really, really good IMO. Just solid players and coached top to bottom. And they are starting to believe now and gain confidence. I think as a dark horse they are in the discussion.

When winter comes around, and the post season comes....the most successful teams are the ones who can stop the run, establish the run, and protect the ball. I hear analysts, and ex players and coaches say that all the time....to me the Niners just might be the best team in the NFL who can stop the run, and at the same time be as good in establishing it, and this team has done a tremendous job with ball security.

Those are immediate signs of a championship caliber team.
hell yes

No, he's not.

Give credit where it's due. We've known about your hatred for AS as our QB but the kid is playing well this year and for once, we cannot say he is the weakest link.

Agree with 98....
I think we could beat any team right now. On the other hand any team might be able to beat us but they would have to play well. The interesting part of our team is that we are playing a Singletary system - ball control, few mistakes, and beat you to a pulp style of football, that plays to our strenghts - oline, tightends, running game, and slowly wear down the defense while keeping the ball away from the other teams offense. So if we played our game we can beat any team, including Green Bay. It would be a whale of a game but it would be very much like Pittsburgh plays - stout defense, ball control, occasional big play, but simply wearing the other team down, and demoralizing them.
I have no doubt in my mind that this team can shock the world.

I'm starting to see things that I can't even believe. This team is really, really good IMO. Just solid players and coached top to bottom. And they are starting to believe now and gain confidence. I think as a dark horse they are in the discussion.

When winter comes around, and the post season comes....the most successful teams are the ones who can stop the run, establish the run, and protect the ball. I hear analysts, and ex players and coaches say that all the time....to me the Niners just might be the best team in the NFL who can stop the run, and at the same time be as good in establishing it, and this team has done a tremendous job with ball security.

Those are immediate signs of a championship caliber team.

I agree. We may be even more dangerous than given credit for.

No, he's not.

He has gotten better and JH is limiting him but IMO I still think he is holding the offense back. But I dont want to turn this into a AS thread so lets just leave it alone.
I don't see why not I mean we have 3 road wins in the last 3 weeks that hasn't happened in years. I've been disappointed in recent years but this team is far better than any 49er team in recent memory I can see 13-3 happening this year.

No, he's not.

He has gotten better and JH is limiting him but IMO I still think he is holding the offense back. But I dont want to turn this into a AS thread so lets just leave it alone.

LOL, just FYI, you brought him up.

But you're right, let's not turn this into another AS thread.

i agree here! if we have a a above avg qb we're killing teams right now. WE SCHEME our games to defenses... not defenses scheming to stop our offense. our offense isn't a threat yet. if our defense isn't what our defense is we go 2-4 right now maybe 1-5. strongest points of 49ers #1 DEFENSE #2 SPECIAL TEAMS #3 RUN GAME. alex smith does just enough (game manager) isn't that what they called trent dilfer as a raven???
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I think we could beat any team right now. On the other hand any team might be able to beat us but they would have to play well. The interesting part of our team is that we are playing a Singletary system - ball control, few mistakes, and beat you to a pulp style of football, that plays to our strenghts - oline, tightends, running game, and slowly wear down the defense while keeping the ball away from the other teams offense. So if we played our game we can beat any team, including Green Bay. It would be a whale of a game but it would be very much like Pittsburgh plays - stout defense, ball control, occasional big play, but simply wearing the other team down, and demoralizing them.

I tend to agree. GB would be the toughest matchup right now. All other teams we can beat in the NFC IMO. It would take a monster game to beat Green Bay and we would probably have to get them at home in January. It's toug to see going to Lambeau and doing that. So we better keep winning and get homefield....
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

I stopped reading at "we are playing a Singletary system".
I don't think Alex Smith is the weakest link on the team. I'd rather have him play mistake free ball and have us play our game, then sling the ball around. Stats are way OVERRATED. Yes, he didn't have the best game on Sunday, but we made the plays when we had to make the plays. Also he is missing Braylon and Joshua. Wait until we get Braylon back and you can see what kind of stats he can put up.