There are 149 users in the forums

The Big Question. Can we win it all?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Big Question. Can we win it all?

Originally posted by susweel:
If we had a better QB we could.

i think with alex it's still definitely up in the air. but i have to agree, with a better qb i'd definitely say yes.
This change from SanDiego is like Randy Quaid in Major League 2.
Dont' want to get ahead of ourselves and hopefully the players aren't but for sure. This team is built for playoff success. Run the ball and stop the run. We do both of those great so far.

I would love to shock the world this year. Can you imagine how crazy that would be?
Originally posted by GOLD22VEINS:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

You gotta admit he is the weakest link on the team.
i agree here! if we have a a above avg qb we're killing teams right now. WE SCHEME our games to defenses... not defenses scheming to stop our offense. our offense isn't a threat yet. if our defense isn't what our defense is we go 2-4 right now maybe 1-5. strongest points of 49ers #1 DEFENSE #2 SPECIAL TEAMS #3 RUN GAME. alex smith does just enough (game manager) isn't that what they called trent dilfer as a raven???

Didn't the Ravens win? I sort of remember them hoding a Super Bowl trophy.
Anything can happen. If the San Francisco Giants can beat the Phillies and the Rangers to win the World Series, the 49ers can bring that trophy home this season.

Honestly though, lets take about making the playoffs first. Nothing is guaranteed in sports.
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
I don't think Alex Smith is the weakest link on the team. I'd rather have him play mistake free ball and have us play our game, then sling the ball around. Stats are way OVERRATED. Yes, he didn't have the best game on Sunday, but we made the plays when we had to make the plays. Also he is missing Braylon and Joshua. Wait until we get Braylon back and you can see what kind of stats he can put up.

And Crabs continues to improve. Remember, he missed all of TC and preseason again and then was injured the first two games. It is like he just completed his preseason. Still hoping that guy can explode onto the scene. Add in Williams.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Harbaugh has made me happy where SingleBrainCell and NoWin made me sad.....
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
I don't see why not I mean we have 3 road wins in the last 3 weeks that hasn't happened in years. I've been disappointed in recent years but this team is far better than any 49er team in recent memory I can see 13-3 happening this year.

I could see 13 - 3 and the #1 or #2 seed in the NFC.

yep, harbaugh seems to have that effect on everybody. my mom who never watches football is in love with him now
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
I don't think Alex Smith is the weakest link on the team. I'd rather have him play mistake free ball and have us play our game, then sling the ball around. Stats are way OVERRATED. Yes, he didn't have the best game on Sunday, but we made the plays when we had to make the plays. Also he is missing Braylon and Joshua. Wait until we get Braylon back and you can see what kind of stats he can put up.

I agree 100% with this.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

yep, harbaugh seems to have that effect on everybody. my mom who never watches football is in love with him now

Among the best coaches in all of football. What he did with this team in a few weeks with no offseason with relatively the same personnel is UNREAL!
Originally posted by GOLD22VEINS:

You gotta admit he is the weakest link on the team.
i agree here! if we have a a above avg qb we're killing teams right now. WE SCHEME our games to defenses... not defenses scheming to stop our offense. our offense isn't a threat yet. if our defense isn't what our defense is we go 2-4 right now maybe 1-5. strongest points of 49ers #1 DEFENSE #2 SPECIAL TEAMS #3 RUN GAME. alex smith does just enough (game manager) isn't that what they called trent dilfer as a raven???

Trent Dilfer

Alex Smith

Compairing T Dilfer (2000) and A Smith (2011).

Give it a rest. Alex is doing just fine and will continue to make improvements under Harbaugh.
The only two things holding us back: QB and WRs.

Alex has shown some improvement this year, and maybe that's enough ? who knows.

WRs, well, if only we could have ONE good threat, it would solve a lot of problems.

No team is perfect, and Harbaugh, so far has proved that you can still win with what you have, if you have the right minded & committed folks and good game planning.

Let's see how far this ship will take us this year.
Originally posted by goodthings19:

Give it a rest. Alex is doing just fine and will continue to make improvements under Harbaugh.

Agree with 2nd poster...
Share 49ersWebzone