There are 177 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Maybe only 8 wins, but I'm gunning for 12-13 and #1 Seed in NFC, straight to Super Bowl in February.

You had me at Maybe

Originally posted by taney71:
I am starting to get excited about Sunday. In a few days I'll be very excited and nearly ready to play myself. Let's go NINERS!!!!

Was so excited last week that I could barely contain myself! Now I'm more relaxed and will enjoy the week more! :) Beating GB at their house was a huge hurdle and set up the year nicely. They made a statement and they made it playing very conservatively and without the heroics needed against NO. That says they have a lot they did not show and the year should just be better and better.

With no need for Smith to pass their way to victory and no turnovers by our D, we have so much more fuel in the tank. Weeks 2, 4, 6, 11, 12 and 15 are against very solid teams but none of them are as balanced (offense/defense or pass/run) as the niners. And other than weeks 11 and 12, there is recovery time between all the most difficult games.

Chicago and then NO are going to be two great weeks at 11 and 12, but by then a lot could happen. NOs might implode and Cutler might become Cutler. :)
If we stay good, we'll be treated like the Spurs of the NFL. That's how it was in the 90s. Thing is though, SF is the #6 TV market. Outside of the big 3, only Philly and Dallas are bigger than the Bay Area....and LA has no team.

SF should be the headline West Coast team. But before us, the Chargers were good, and they got the short shaft from the national media too.
These Power Rankings mean absolutely nothing. If you're looking for respect...we're getting a little now...a lot of it grudging, but it's there. They don't want to talk about us though. There's no drama on our team.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by taney71:
Who cares about the story...its the damn football on the field. We are a very good and potentially great team. Why wouldn't people be interested in that?

The people who produce sports segments looking for ratings. The same people that reported from jets camp every single day.

Every time I see the Jets on any sports broadcast, I instantly turn it off.
Originally posted by kray28:
If we stay good, we'll be treated like the Spurs of the NFL. That's how it was in the 90s. Thing is though, SF is the #6 TV market. Outside of the big 3, only Philly and Dallas are bigger than the Bay Area....and LA has no team.

SF should be the headline West Coast team. But before us, the Chargers were good, and they got the short shaft from the national media too.

"The Spurs of the NFL" ..... I LIKE THAT
I don't know about you, but I'd rather be the Lakers of the NFL, not the Spurs.
Originally posted by kray28:
I don't know about you, but I'd rather be the Lakers of the NFL, not the Spurs.

the Celtics of the 60's ...now that was a powerful Juggernaut
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by kray28:
I don't know about you, but I'd rather be the Lakers of the NFL, not the Spurs.

the Celtics of the 60's ...now that was a powerful Juggernaut

or better yet ..the 49ERS OF THE 80'S
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by kray28:
I don't know about you, but I'd rather be the Lakers of the NFL, not the Spurs.

the Celtics of the 60's ...now that was a powerful Juggernaut

or better yet ..the 49ERS OF THE 80'S
I vote for 49ERS OF THE 80's!!!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jerry Jones and America's team control the NFL media like the Cohn's control the Press Democrat

i have heard little on the cowboys so your theory doesn't work...

turning on espn all i hear is RG3, Peyton & the Jets
As Franklin Roosevelt once said about Republican opposition to his policies...."I welcome their hatred".

How does this relate to the Niners and national media? Whatever gives them more motivation to succeed is a good thing...

Cheers!
they loving us now

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062155/article/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-building-something-special?module=HP11_cp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062195/article/eagles-49ers-most-popular-teams-on-madden-nfl-13?module=HP11_content_stream
Time to kick them in the shins.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jerry Jones and America's team control the NFL media like the Cohn's control the Press Democrat

i have heard little on the cowboys so your theory doesn't work...

turning on espn all i hear is RG3, Peyton & the Jets