There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think the ultimate was NFC Playbook. I really could care less about media attention, by Sterling Sharpe's comments as to why he would pick the Lions over the 49ers this week was pure comedy. He has three "solid" reasons. The Lions kicker (because Jason Hanson has been with the team 21 years), their linebackers, and the TE Brandon Pettigrew. Wow. The kicker, the linebackers, and the TE. He must think we have Mike Cofer, Hannibal Navies, Derek Smith (of 2005), and Billy Bajema back there.

Jose Cortez, Saleem Rasheed and Patrick Estes.

lol i remeber on madden throwing 70 yd bombs to Estes cause i moved him to TE
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Jose Cortez, Saleem Rasheed and Patrick Estes.

Hey now. I went to high school with Patrick Estes
Originally posted by mella8:
I dont know what some of you have been watching, but I live in NY and Im hearing/seeing mad Niner love. No one has the gall (except Romanowski who made some anti-Smith comments) to talk negative about the Niners, and everyone is now claiming them the team to beat in the NFC. I think the reason why RGIII and Peyton are getting all the attention is because the sports world is more fascinated by individual accolades than team success. Its easier to do a piece on Peyton or RG than talk about the Niners offensive/defensive juggernaut.

I think Mark Kriegel summed it up best on NFL Network this morning: "What the Packers did to Chicago last night is more of a testament to just how good the Niners are [based on last week] than Chicago being a bad team."

I still don't think 49er fans realize just how big that win in Green Bay was.
Season Outlook:

The San Francisco 49ers stay atop the power rankings after a second straight win against a 2011 playoff team.

The Green Bay Packers couldn't move the ball against the 49ers' defense, and neither could the Detroit Lions. Holding the powerful Lions' offense to field goals just goes to show the sheer might of the San Francisco defense. If Green Bay and Detroit can't score on the 49ers, who can?

What's more terrifying for opponents is that the San Francisco offense is much better this year. Michael Crabtree is playing like the Top 10 draft pick the team spent on him. Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter are a dynamic duo at the running back position and Vernon Davis provides the spark as a game-changing tight end.

The 49ers might not go undefeated, but they are undoubtedly the team to beat right now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1336537-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-rank-after-week-2/page/33
Deion.......#1
Michael....#1
Marshall...#1
#1 deal with it
Football Outsiders: 8 wins

dumbasses
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Football Outsiders: 8 wins

dumbasses

LOL
**********************AFTER WEEK 2:***********************

Brian Billick FOX #1 (#2 last week)
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings/2012/3
The 49ers have a road win against the Packers and a tough physical win against the Lions under their belts. They are clearly the most complete football team in the NFL and have the roster to win games in a multitude of ways.

Pete Prisco CBS #1 (#4 last week)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20219276/power-rankings-niners-are-nfls-best-team-texans-look-like-the-most-complete
They are an old-fashioned team doing it in a different era of football. Can they sustain it?

NFL.com Experts 9 #1s, 4 #2s.
http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 18, 2012 at 7:41 AM ]
prisco is such a douche
"Matt Ryan's 45 wins since 2008 are the most of any starting QB during that stretch. His 233 consecutive passes without throwing an interception also tops the list. With those numbers it is hard to call this a breakout year, but that is what it will be i"

I thought Alex was on top of that list???
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
prisco is such a douche

Always has been. Even when he's forced to put us at 1 he throws out an insult. Meanwhile his precious Cardinals he has ranked at 9. If I hadn't been checking CBS sportsline daily for 14 years and wasn't so use to their format I would have left a long time ago. There really are no good sports sites out there. ESPN and Fox Sports are no better.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
"Matt Ryan's 45 wins since 2008 are the most of any starting QB during that stretch. His 233 consecutive passes without throwing an interception also tops the list. With those numbers it is hard to call this a breakout year, but that is what it will be i"

Matt Ryan, 233 attempts. Last INT Dec 4, 2011
Alex Smith, 216, Nov. 24, 2011
Matt Schaub, 89, Nov, 6, 2011
Blaine Gabbert, 85, Dec. 24, 2011
Kevin Kolb, 68, Oct. 30, 2011
Originally posted by Hitman49:

edit......
I think the list below is right.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 18, 2012 at 8:12 AM ]
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Matt Ryan, 233 attempts. Last INT Dec 4, 2011
Alex Smith, 216, Nov. 24, 2011
Matt Schaub, 89, Nov, 6, 2011
Blaine Gabbert, 85, Dec. 24, 2011
Kevin Kolb, 68, Oct. 30, 2011

intresting

i couldve sworn i heard so many times that alex leads the active leaders in the streak

i think what mustve happened is they included playoffs when they said that