LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Ross Tucker, on his ESPN Football Today podcast this morning, moved the Niners from #13 last week to #1 today. He admitted he was wrong and that the Niners are the best in the league.http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8365184

Dude sounds borderline special needs
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah, 2-9 on 3rd down, get even 1/2 the jacobs of old on 3rd and short... this offense has a chance to be pretty good if we start converting 3rd downs. Heck, it is already good enough. Image an offense that is 3/4s as good as our defense... you're talking dynasty.

Edit: As for the big hits whitner really hit someone hard in the back after a catch. The goldson one you mentioned on jennings... cant think of too many others

3rd downs wasnt much of an issue that game

a lot of those we missed on some 3rd and short - jacobs will fix that

but most were in the 2nd half to run down the clock

we had 22 dirst downs overall in that game (more than packers) i think 14 came from pass while 8 came from run

we definitally improved in that area whatever stats say as for RZ we were 2/2 on touchdowns so that was great to see
Ohhhh ok, back when we sucked everyone said "who gives a crap about power rankings!"...but now that we're good everyone wants to see the power rankings!
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
WOW the Cowboys are 7 Chargers are 12 AZ Cards 17 ALL Ahead of the Saints? You need to stop HUFFING. The Eagles at #10 after they barely beat a team thats ranked 32? And yes from what I heard the Eagles were lucky to win that game.

cowboys were amazing had a great offense

and arguably best pass defense in nfl they have 2 great CB and ebst defensive player in nfl (no slight to willis)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
3rd downs wasnt much of an issue that game

a lot of those we missed on some 3rd and short - jacobs will fix that

but most were in the 2nd half to run down the clock

we had 22 dirst downs overall in that game (more than packers) i think 14 came from pass while 8 came from run

we definitally improved in that area whatever stats say as for RZ we were 2/2 on touchdowns so that was great to see

Good point, we did really start eating clock by running 3 times and kicking. Wonder what we could have done on offense and what the score would have been if we kept the pedal on the floor? Also, didn't even think about the RZ so thanks for bringing that up. Should be much improved with Moss, Manningham, etc
Originally posted by verb1der:
Ohhhh ok, back when we sucked everyone said "who gives a crap about power rankings!"...but now that we're good everyone wants to see the power rankings!

sskkkkuuddaaallaaa-DING "Post of the DAY!!!"
id think the bears would have to be in the top 5 atleast too. their defense looks solid and cutler looked great with marshall back in the mix. still the niners should be #1 on everyones list. dominating defense and a dominating offense, we rolled up like 400 yards of offense, and with our balanced approach we are extremely hard to defend. what else do they want?
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Or the Ravens - beating the Packers on the road is way more impressive than beating the Bengals at home.

All true but I wouldn't put it past certain members of the media still not voting high on us

True. We only cared to be #1
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Ross Tucker, on his ESPN Football Today podcast this morning, moved the Niners from #13 last week to #1 today. He admitted he was wrong and that the Niners are the best in the league.http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8365184

Dude sounds borderline special needs

Ross Tucker gives out Sausage McMuffins with cheese...thats his thing. Kinda a funny, though youd only get it if you listen to 957the game

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
id think the bears would have to be in the top 5 atleast too. their defense looks solid and cutler looked great with marshall back in the mix. still the niners should be #1 on everyones list. dominating defense and a dominating offense, we rolled up like 400 yards of offense, and with our balanced approach we are extremely hard to defend. what else do they want?

their o line sucks though

that has to be #1 proprity this offseason
Sooo good that our starting point of improvement is beating the Packs to take #1. While in 2010, our starting point of improvement was getting beat 6-31 by the Seahawks in the opener. We came a long way...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Sooo good that our starting point of improvement is beating the Packs to take #1. While in 2010, our starting point of improvement was getting beat 6-31 by the Seahawks in the opener. We came a long way...

we were so f**king outcoached that game
I really don't care what the media thinks but it's something I have been checking out weekly (during the season) for a decade plus. I'm not like some people and get pissed off or obsessive over it but I like to see where we are at though.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

True. We only cared to be #1

Well it sure feels good to be elite! So I'll take it!
Share 49ersWebzone