LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Preseason Expectations: 8-8

Admit it, no one thought the San Francisco 49ers would make the playoffs this year. First-year head coach, bust at quarterback, washed-up veteran at cornerback...this wasn't a playoff team.

But they are. And then some.

The 49ers are rolling behind that first-year head coach and bust at quarterback. Alex Smith is a contender for Comeback Player of the Year, and Jim Harbaugh is the Coach of the Year, no questions asked. Oh, and the washed-up veteran at cornerback, Carlos Rogers, is playing All-Pro football.

Every move has worked for the 49ers, who are riding an unbelievable eight-game win streak. They are one win away from wrapping up the NFC West.

Grade: A+++++++++++

Actually, I thought they would be in the playoffs...with an 8-8 record. LOL! Am I happy?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Damn Packers just won't lose

For reals man their defense always puts them in position to lose and the Offense just responds.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
There isn't a team better equipped than the 49ers to challenge the Packers in the NFC playoffs. They have the type of power running game that can eat the clock and keep the ball out of Rodgers' hands, and with the passing game beginning to click, they can be explosive in their own right. First things first though, they will be fully focused on the Ravens for the Thanksgiving matchup.

FoxSports.Com
NFL.com has us at #2 obviously
Originally posted by VA49er:
I don't think people appreciate what Alex is doing this season. It doesn't matter if it is the system or the calls or whatever. Bottom line is our passing attack is a threat. You can't stack the box because we will take that from you. We are completely willing to throw deep or playpass or whatever. I think the key is because our passing is so efficient teams MUST defend it. This helps the run game tremendously. We have also shown that we will pass from ANY formation or run from ANY formation. in some ways this is very west coast. Hopefully nobody figures this out until it is too late.

Trust me, if some guy on a 49ers fan site "figures this out," every team in the league has figured it out. They get paid to figure things like this out. They just can't stop it.
I used to care about Power Rankings... when I was 12!
Did anyone hear cowherd do his power ranking? we were # 6. Really Colin? You suck. He also said the jets are better than Baltimore also. pitiful.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Did anyone hear cowherd do his power ranking? we were # 6. Really Colin? You suck. He also said the jets are better than Baltimore also. pitiful.

Yeah, I heard it. He had Chicago and the Giants 2 and 3 and the Cowboys ahead of us. I think Colin and LaCanfora should go play tennis together.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Yeah, I heard it. He had Chicago and the Giants 2 and 3 and the Cowboys ahead of us. I think Colin and LaCanfora should go play tennis together.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Green Bay
49ers
Giants
Saints
Chicago
Atlanta

Thats who I think will be in the playoffs

NFC East is going to be fun to watch. I'd take the Cowgirls over the Giants. Poor G-Men have a tough schedule.

He gave the Bears all the credit for being the one team who could match up against the Packers... Noting their great defense, great special teams, and dominant run game.

Originally posted by MaliCali:

He gave the Bears all the credit for being the one team who could match up against the Packers... Noting their great defense, great special teams, and dominant run game.

His only knock on the Niners was their poor 3rd down conversion ratio. I guess being +17 in turnovers doesn't mean anything.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Green Bay
49ers
Giants
Saints
Chicago
Atlanta

NFC East is going to be fun to watch. I'd take the Cowgirls over the Giants. Poor G-Men have a tough schedule.

Yeah, G's have a tough schedule.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 22, 2011 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Green Bay
49ers
Giants
Saints
Chicago
Atlanta

Yeah, G's have a tough schedule.

Everyone gets a tough schedule. But good teams win the tough games. Fer cryin' out loud -- how many times have we been forced to travel back East for 10 AM road starts? Seems like we're doing that every other week!

But, you know what? We won those games. Giants haven't been so lucky. They were great against us, but lost a barnburner. Last Sunday they look flat out terrible.

I think the loss to the Niners took something out of them.

Good
  • vaden
  • Veteran

And he picked us to go 2-14 before the season started. Granted, no one saw 9-1 coming but 2-14?!?!? Cowherd has always been one of the biggest Alex Smith haters. Meanwhile, he makes every excuse in the book for Mark Sanchez, who is inferior to Alex in virtually every statistical category, just as he was last season.
Share 49ersWebzone