There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by valrod33:
La Cantina is such a hater
http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts

luckily for us we get to play the ravens & steelers this year, would love for him to put us at #5 after we beat them

That f**king douche bag does have something against the niners.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by VDSF:
We still don't know if QB Alex Smith can carry this team to a win if need be, but who cares? They have bought in to head coach Jim Harbaugh and his system and are playing as a team as well as anyone in the game. The 49ers' record in road games, especially on the East Coast, is substantial. This team has the confidence to go anywhere (if need be) in the playoffs to win. They will be challenged with the physical play of the Giants.

FoxSports

LOL - Does the Detroit game mean nothing? Is that winning drive and throwing the TD on 4th and Goal not carrying the team?

He made a good play when the team needed it but he hardly has carried the team for an entire game yet.

Well, good. Teams that rely on the QB to completely carry the team rarely win a championship. (See: Manning, pre-Davis Elway, pre-revamped defense Young, etc.)
Originally posted by VDSF:
We still don't know if QB Alex Smith can carry this team to a win if need be, but who cares? They have bought in to head coach Jim Harbaugh and his system and are playing as a team as well as anyone in the game. The 49ers' record in road games, especially on the East Coast, is substantial. This team has the confidence to go anywhere (if need be) in the playoffs to win. They will be challenged with the physical play of the Giants.

FoxSports

LOL - Does the Detroit game mean nothing? Is that winning drive and throwing the TD on 4th and Goal not carrying the team?

He made a good play when the team needed it but he hardly has carried the team for an entire game yet.

Well, good. Teams that rely on the QB to completely carry the team rarely win a championship. (See: Manning, pre-Davis Elway, pre-revamped defense Young, etc.)

How about the Packers and Pats.

how many superbowls has brady won without a top ten defense, good special teams, and sound running game?

Pats won their championships when they were a balanced team. Haven't won s**t since Tom Brady started assaulting the record books.

Rodgers had a tremendous postseason, but their defense made a ton of plays. I think they had a pick 6 in every playoff game last year, and James Starks provided a tough, grinding running game that they hadn't had all year.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Pats won their championships when they were a balanced team. Haven't won s**t since Tom Brady started assaulting the record books.

Rodgers had a tremendous postseason, but their defense made a ton of plays. I think they had a pick 6 in every playoff game last year, and James Starks provided a tough, grinding running game that they hadn't had all year.

You gotta have a strong D to win a championship, no doubt about that.
[ Edited by susweel on Nov 8, 2011 at 4:15 PM ]

Great post...
still #2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/10

Originally posted by 1swift:

Great post...

+1
Originally posted by global_nomad:
still #2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/10

The inconvenient truth.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Number 2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Val, don't prematurily tell us where we rank. Just post the link so we don't lose the suspense.

Dont tell me what to do

• sfout
  • Veteran
Didn't want to creat a whole new post on it and it seems like an okay fit for this thread, according to SI.com the 9ers play in 3 of the best 25 games remaining this season, the opponents being the giants, ravens and steelers respectively. It's great to see us keep getting recognized for the quality of football we're playing right now.

If Rivers doesn't throw those 2 picks for TD's, the Chargers most likely hand the packers their first loss.

Thats what I was hoping for.
Seahawks-28

Cardinals-29

Rams-30

La Cantina is such a hater
http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts

I'm beginning to believe he just does it to dick with 49er fans who repeatedly harass him over it.