There are 149 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
Easily in the top 2. Difficult to dispute when you look at the strength of schedule and four east coast wins.

What if they don't look at it and think we played the NFCW 6 times already?

Nah, well Steelers jumped us at 2 last week in some polls so now watch Baltimore take their spot. Should be 2 or 3. Giants might be climbing right behind us.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Easily in the top 2. Difficult to dispute when you look at the strength of schedule and four east coast wins.

we should be, but who knows. NYG will go move up, and people will jump on the Ravens nuts again after tonight.
i would LOVE everyone to put NYG ahead of us...so when we beat them it'll be just that much SWEETER
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I predict the Giants will be ahead of us in the PR and everyone will pick them to win next week.

Works in our favor.

I like it.

This wouldn't bother me one bit. Hope they do knock us down in the rankings, keep us under the radar as much as possible
Winning one game could NEVER vault you from 9 to 2. Also, let's not forget that the Redskins and Seahawks have a combined 5 wins and that 2 of them were against NYG.
this is not quite on topic, but I was just looking at the standings, and there are three divisions that have a 3-way tie for the lead, and several others where the leader is only a game or two ahead of the third place team.

The playoff races this season are going to be insane! It's going to be awesome. It's going to come down to the wire in every division.

Except for one.
We beat a team we are suppose to beat in the Redskins. We shouldn't move up or down at all from last week.
In watching the NY game, I'd say the number one priority is generating a pass rush on Eli Manning. He gets easily flustered into making bad mistakes. In the Pats game, he had all day to sit there and pass. I think that the playing time of Aldon Smith is going to have a huge impact on this game. I don't recall seeing 99 on the field for more than a few plays. As a result, we got like what, 1 sack all day against Washington? Parys Haralson just holds the point and provides decent coverage. We are really going to need pressure on Manning to win this next game, otherwise he might pick our secondary apart.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i would LOVE everyone to put NYG ahead of us...so when we beat them it'll be just that much SWEETER

I agree. But I wouldn't put my money on it. They lost to the Seahawks at home. What "should" be or whatever is irrelevant, I'd bet we stay #2. But I'll be happy if they jump us. If any Niners look at it as an insult, extra fuel would be good.
have to be #2. leggo

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We beat a team we are suppose to beat in the Redskins. We shouldn't move up or down at all from last week.

true, but a lot of polls had the Steelers ahead of us at 2 and us at 3, which I think is fine. But would it make sense to leave the Steelers at 2 after they lost? And I don't know if the Ravens are consistent enough to say they are the 2nd best team in the league (though I fully expect a lot of PR to have Ravens at 2). Pats lost again. So who is 2? Texans? NYG? I don't see any reason to move any of those teams ahead of us, though I know some lists will.

Its all fine, its all academic, but if we were #3 before we're either going to be leapfrogged by teams that we have a better record than or we're going to move up.
#2 will be our ceiling until the fudge packers lose...
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
#2 now. Pats, Steelers drop, Ravens become #3, and Cincy manages to get into the top 6-7.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Curticio11:
#2 will be our ceiling until the fudge packers lose...

Even they were to lose one they'd still be in first. We'll have settle this in the playoffs.
crazy how cincy is playing since we beat them. it would be funny as hell to go to the superbowl and beat them for a 3rd time after knocking out GB in the conference championship game
Share 49ersWebzone