There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by putangina:
Some of you guys don't care about power rankings. That's fine! Don't be a hipster and tell people they're stupid for caring. Nobody likes hipsters. Besides, it's been almost a decade of suck. Let 'em have their fun. I never put much credence in these things back when we were good every year. But I admit, after so long it's actually kinda nice. Go ahead and continue not caring. But to avoid being douchey, don't click the link that says "POWER RANKINGS" if it annoys you.

When the subject is constantly at the top of the page it's kinda hard to ignore.

It's like the Alex Smith thread I want to avoid it, but if that's all everyone else is talking about

You do realize that when you comment in the thread it just puts it back at the top..........
[ Edited by stillpans4gold on Oct 31, 2011 at 8:43 PM ]
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Some of you guys don't care about power rankings. That's fine! Don't be a hipster and tell people they're stupid for caring. Nobody likes hipsters. Besides, it's been almost a decade of suck. Let 'em have their fun. I never put much credence in these things back when we were good every year. But I admit, after so long it's actually kinda nice. Go ahead and continue not caring. But to avoid being douchey, don't click the link that says "POWER RANKINGS" if it annoys you.

When the subject is constantly at the top of the page it's kinda hard to ignore.

It's like the Alex Smith thread I want to avoid it, but if that's all everyone else is talking about

You do realize that when you comment in the thread it just puts it back at the top..........

No way? We have to make sure everyone knows about this!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
We should not be #3 overall. I don't think we are a top 5 team really.

Winning is the only measuring stick for success. 6-1 is the second best record in the NFL right now, therefore we should be #2 on rankings.

I think Mike Santo Will vote 49ers #2 this week. I'd put my money we end up at #3.

I agree we should be #2, I think early in the season, records can be deceptive, but at this point, just look at the record each team plays. That's where I don't understand why we're so low. We have done it with a rough schedule.

I like the Power Rankings cuz it's debatable, but What gets me pumped are the vegas odds of winning the SB, we're number 2 there. They have a much bigger reason to be correct, MONEY, were ESPN has a reason to be controversial.

It's funny, We're totally the Boise St. of the NFL in Power Rankings!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
But Alex Smith and Ted Ginn would carve up the Patriots anemic secondary and special teams unit.

Replace Alex Smith's name with Frank Gore and you have yourself a point.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Replace Alex Smith's name with Frank Gore and you have yourself a point.

He said "anemic secondary", not "defensive line"
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/rankings/_/name/sf/san-francisco-49ers

Week 9 6-1 #2 Another week, another victory for the first 49ers team since 1998 to go 6-1. (Sando)
I bet we land at 3 with Pitt at #2
WOW, # 2
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:

No way? We have to make sure everyone knows about this!

No wai.

Oh damn I just done it too. Spread the word. Don't post, it makes the threads stay active.
#2 that says a lot. We will know more after we play the Giants, Ravens, and Steelers. We are now a marked team.
CBS Sportsline has us at 2
ESPN has us at 2
SB Nation has us at 2
Fox Sports Brian Billick has us at 3
Think NFL and it's "experts" are yet to come
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 1, 2011 at 9:31 AM ]
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
#2 that says a lot. We will know more after we play the Giants, Ravens, and Steelers. We are now a marked team.

I say we go 3-0 against those teams
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I bet we land at 3 with Pitt at #2

I agree but that Steelers win wasn't that impressive to me. New England has the 32nd ranked defense. It's easy to look good against sh1tty D. Warren Sapp was right when he said, "The Patriots are Brady, Welker and two Tight Ends. That's it!" Really, the only reason it's impressive to people is because they've been conditioned from past success to view the Patriots as elite...even though they're not.
# 2 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reading the ESPN comments, again, the uniformed (or maybe those just in denial) try to use the division as an excuse against us. lol, the haters should be upset, because the resurrection of Camelot is upon us!