LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 366 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts?module=HP11_cp

La Cantina is a hater
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Damn it feels good to be ranked high again. tears of joy.
Originally posted by valrod33:

La Cantina is a hater

he's an idiot.

but some other guys there have the Ravens at #2. Maybe they are impressed by coming back by a huge deficit, at home, to the Arizona Cardinals, after losing to a sorry Jaguars team on national TV, but I'm not.

La Cantina is a hater

I hate that retarded looking face
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
These guys factor past success way too much into rankings that are isolated to this season.

The 49ers are the NFL's most well-rounded elite team by just about every single measure. Quantifiable evidence in every category.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

La Cantina is a hater

he's an idiot.

but some other guys there have the Ravens at #2. Maybe they are impressed by coming back by a huge deficit, at home, to the Arizona Cardinals, after losing to a sorry Jaguars team on national TV, but I'm not.
Agreed.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Having the Ravens and Saints in the top 6 is showing a level of detachment from reality I did not know existed.

The Ravens just lost to the mother f**king Jaguars...in PRIME TIME. Then they followed that up by being down by 21 points to the f**king Arizona Cardinals (another NFL worst team) AT HOME in the 3rd quarter.

The Saints just lost to the f**king Rams. The previously winless, devoid of talent, scored 56 points all season...RAMS.

What the hell is going on out here?
Originally posted by okdkid:
These guys factor past success way too much into rankings that are isolated to this season.

The 49ers are the NFL's most well-rounded elite team by just about every single measure. Quantifiable evidence in every category.

yup, and when you think about it, we are still not playing up to our potential. New England may have already peaked, Baltimore certainly has, and its unlikely that Green Bay will keep up the torrid pace of their passing game. Pittsburgh is the only team in the top 5 that is starting to click, rather than trying to figure out some newly exposed flaw or maintain a ridiculous pace.

What the next 9 games hold for the 49ers, no one knows, but we have only played one really complete game. I think we haven't seen the best from this team yet.
Power rankings during the season are fun to read, debate, and argue, but personally, I think the discussion can get out of hand at times.

Give me a number one ranking at the end of the season after the team wins a Super Bowl, and then it'll be fun to start chirping about things.

That being said, I enjoy the fact that we are high up on a lot of people's lists. As for the ESPN power ranking (the one I follow the most), I especially like the fact that we are a relatively quiet "number 2". There's more noise made about the Steelers, Ravens, Packers, and Patriots than the 49ers.
It's awesome to see us ranked highly on these but I'm just happy that we're winning.

• VDSF
  • Veteran
The 49ers are getting help from a very favorable schedule, but that is not their fault — they just line up against whoever is put in front of them. Nobody in the NFC West is capable of beating them, but this week they have to travel East again. Fortunately for them, it's to play the Redskins. The rich get richer.

• dj43
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
We should not be #3 overall. I don't think we are a top 5 team really.

Winning is the only measuring stick for success. 6-1 is the second best record in the NFL right now, therefore we should be #2 on rankings.

I think Mike Santo Will vote 49ers #2 this week. I'd put my money we end up at #3.

I agree we should be #2, I think early in the season, records can be deceptive, but at this point, just look at the record each team plays. That's where I don't understand why we're so low. We have done it with a rough schedule.

I like the Power Rankings cuz it's debatable, but What gets me pumped are the vegas odds of winning the SB, we're number 2 there. They have a much bigger reason to be correct, MONEY, were ESPN has a reason to be controversial.

It's funny, We're totally the Boise St. of the NFL in Power Rankings!
Vegas isn't about who is the best. Vegas is about predicting where the money will go and in what amount. Some parts of the country put a lot more money on the line than others. When their team is doing well and they are dropping a lot of cash, the line MUST move in order to attract more bettors and more vig. The SF story this year is beginning to take on a "feel good" nature that will be attractive to a lot of people who might otherwise sit on the sidelines. Hence the notice from the bookies...
Are the 49ers this year the biggest turnaround in NFL history?

Everything was stacked against us. New staff, new playbook, tough early schedule, and a vastly shortened offseason to put it all together.
As good as they are this year, they may be downright nasty next year. #NEWDYNASTY
I still think there is a lot of people who don't believe in us... still the underdog
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:
I still think there is a lot of people who don't believe in us... still the underdog

Thats just fine with me. I would much rather fly under the radar.
Share 49ersWebzone