LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 185 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
^ That's just a saying to involve the Defense. If a teams Offense is stronger than their Defense then it's obvious that the Offense will win the game. We had plenty of Championship titles where it is purely dominated by our Offense. I'm hopng our Offense will evolve to where it makes our team stronger.
Originally posted by titan:
^ That's just a saying to involve the Defense. If a teams Offense is stronger than their Defense then it's obvious that the Offense will win the game. We had plenty of Championship titles where it is purely dominated by our Offense. I'm hopng our Offense will evolve to where it makes our team stronger.

We would have won even more if we had better defenses in the 90's. Even when we were winning Superbowls in the 80's the defense was every bit as big a part as the offense was, sometimes even bigger. Teams with no defense cannot win the big game. The Colts are the worst defense I have ever seen win a Superbowl and they played lights out in the playoffs that year. When every team is playing pass heavy having to face a teal like we have is hard for them to do. Teams draft defenders that are smaller and quicker so they can defend the pass, then a team comes along like this one, with a power running game that can fool you with play action and can also control the clock and suddenly these smaller defenders have to take punishment and they wear down. We are built for success against these smaller, quicker pass oriented teams. We play primarily man 2 coverage and can get pressure with our down linemen, this makes it hard to pass on us and helps the db's which n turn helps the pass rush. All our team has to do to beat teams like GB and NE is pressure with the front four and drop the rest of the guys into solid coverage, we do not even need to sack a lot just keep the QB's from getting into a rhythm and not let the receivers run clean routes. Another thing that people seem to keep overlooking is how bad the defenses of GB and especially NE are this year.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Niners99:
ESPN football today has us at #3 overall behind only GB and NE. our record and our resume of wins is the most impressive combo of everyone after those first 2.

he also said that he expects us to drop at some point lol so it's like "hey good job, even though you suck"

If you look at our remaining schedule, theres only so much dropping we can do. CLE at home? thats a win. @WAS? should be a win if we can beat CIN, PHI, and DET on the road. WAS is going downhill fast. NYG at home, thats very winable. AZ at home, thats a win. @BAL is probably a loss, but after MNF, im not so sure BAL is going to be a loss. Rams at home is a win, @AZ should still be a win. Steelers at home on MNF will be a good game, but i could see a win. @SEA and @STL to end the season? maybe we lose @SEA?

Unless we go completely down the toilet I see 3-4 losses the rest of the way at very most. at this point 11-5 would be a safe projection. theres a good chance we go 12-4, even 13-3 if we play like we have so far the rest of the way.

People hating on the 49ers, saying it wont last, are just ignorant. If youve watched this team every week, and you look ahead to their remaining schedule? you have to say theyre legit. some "experts" are just spouting opinions out their butts based on the 49ers of the past few years because theyre too lazy to look into the situation.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Just imagine if we can keep playing like we are and our passing O picks it up even a little. Like 230 - 250 a game. Look out is all I will say.

+1
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
ESPN football today has us at #3 overall behind only GB and NE. our record and our resume of wins is the most impressive combo of everyone after those first 2.

he also said that he expects us to drop at some point lol so it's like "hey good job, even though you suck"

If you look at our remaining schedule, theres only so much dropping we can do. CLE at home? thats a win. @WAS? should be a win if we can beat CIN, PHI, and DET on the road. WAS is going downhill fast. NYG at home, thats very winable. AZ at home, thats a win. @BAL is probably a loss, but after MNF, im not so sure BAL is going to be a loss. Rams at home is a win, @AZ should still be a win. Steelers at home on MNF will be a good game, but i could see a win. @SEA and @STL to end the season? maybe we lose @SEA?

Unless we go completely down the toilet I see 3-4 losses the rest of the way at very most. at this point 11-5 would be a safe projection. theres a good chance we go 12-4, even 13-3 if we play like we have so far the rest of the way.

People hating on the 49ers, saying it wont last, are just ignorant. If youve watched this team every week, and you look ahead to their remaining schedule? you have to say theyre legit. some "experts" are just spouting opinions out their butts based on the 49ers of the past few years because theyre too lazy to look into the situation.

yeah i agree, which is why when he put us at #3 and said we're gonna drop...it's like a backhanded compliment. i didn't really appreciate it, but oh well. just gotta keep winning to shut the doubters up.
^^
He's just not a believer yet, don't worry he will be by the end of the season.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
He has a point. This is a passing league and the niners are a rushing offense. We need the passing game to improve if we expect to beat a team like greenbay come playoff time.

We need to do this if we expect to win A playoff game.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
We should not be #3 overall. I don't think we are a top 5 team really.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
We had better be ranked #2 this week, after New England and New Orleans lost. We are just a more consistent team than those 2, mainly due to our defense. We won't be able to get ranked higher than Green Bay until they start losing. But since we don't win with a high powered offense, I think power rankers will have a hard time ranking the 49ers high. They value offense over defense.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
We should not be #3 overall. I don't think we are a top 5 team really.

Winning is the only measuring stick for success. 6-1 is the second best record in the NFL right now, therefore we should be #2 on rankings.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
The Packers have possibly the league's best passing offense, but not much else. Fortunately for them, that usually compensates for the lack of talent across the remainder of the roster. They have a pedestrian run game, an absolutely horrible pass defense and a mediocre run defense.

They have yet to play anybody of significance.
i wanna be number one in the rankings rankings, not the power rankings. these haters wont put us at number 1 or 2 but the way our team is built were made for playoff games. monster rushing team with an opportunistic passing game that doesnt make mistakes, defense that is great against the run and pretty good at the pass and we force turnovers. our team gives up the least amount of points in the entire league. our special teams is lights out so our field position to begin drives is usually very good and akers and lee are both awesome. our offense is just beginning to come together, wait til braylon is in the lineup for another week or two and smith and crabs finally get on the same page and i think we become the scariest team in the league. i guarantee you no one is going to want to play against the niners in the playoffs.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
He has a point. This is a passing league and the niners are a rushing offense. We need the passing game to improve if we expect to beat a team like greenbay come playoff time.

this makes no sense. Green Bay is a passing team so to beat them we need to stop them from passing the ball. what does our offense have to do with Green Bay's offense?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
this makes no sense. Green Bay is a passing team so to beat them we need to stop them from passing the ball. what does our offense have to do with Green Bay's offense?

I agree. That doesn't make sense to me either. We may need to pass the ball more if they're scoring on us all over the place, but if our D is stopping their offense then what does out pass O matter?
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

I agree. That doesn't make sense to me either. We may need to pass the ball more if they're scoring on us all over the place, but if our D is stopping their offense then what does out pass O matter?

yeah, people assume that because a team throws and scores a lot then you have to beat them in a track meet. No, you have to take them off their game and play your game. A team with a defense like ours and a running game like ours doesn't need to worry about all of a sudden becoming a spread-offense hurling 50 yard bombs, it needs to do exactly what it does, which, if done successfully, will keep someone like Rodgers on the sideline and keep the score low.

People buy into this whole hype of "QB duels." They are never on the field at the same time. If we play the Packers, Carlos Rogers and Patrick Willis, et al, will be "dueling" with Aaron Rodgers, while Alex Smith duels with Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson. etc.
Share 49ersWebzone