LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VANiner:
The thing with the power rankings for us is like the BCS rankings are for Boise State. Lose and your out. We are so high because the "analysts" have no choice. In many of their minds, we are at the top by default. Heaven help us if we drop one to the Browns or Skins - we will fall to like 15. That said, even if we drop one to the Giants or Ravens, I bet we fall to the 10 range. The only way we stay near the top is to keep winning. We don't have the "street cred" yet like the Saints, Ravens, Steelers, etc. to drop a couple games and still remain at or near the top. I do like seeing us up towards the top of the rankings, but God are these things meaningless...
Am i the only one really really worried about the steelers this year? they have been EXTREMELY inconsistent at times but when they are playing well they are doing great
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
Am i the only one really really worried about the steelers this year? they have been EXTREMELY inconsistent at times but when they are playing well they are doing great

Nope. When Big Ben is on, he is ON. That game is worthy of concern.
National Football Post
1. Green Bay
2. New England
3. New Orleans
4. Pittsburgh
5. San Francisco
6. New York Giants

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Power-Rankings-5666.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by whatawegot:
we dont deserve any ranking about the following teams due to one reason ALEX SMITH. Prove it in the playoffs that you can win a game and compete in a championship then we will heap praise. Anything short of that in his 8th season is a failure.

greenbay
ne
pitt
no
giants
Its Team Rankings for this season not QB rankings and what youve done in the past rankings. The 49ers as a team are playing better than everyone except Green Bay and New England IMO

Originally posted by King49er:
we dont deserve any ranking about the following teams due to one reason ALEX SMITH. Prove it in the playoffs that you can win a game and compete in a championship then we will heap praise. Anything short of that in his 8th season is a failure.

greenbay
ne
pitt
no
giants
Its Team Rankings for this season not QB rankings and what youve done in the past rankings. The 49ers as a team are playing better than everyone except Green Bay and New England IMO

^^^

greenbay
ne
pitt
no
giants
So your feeling is that we are no better than any team that has a QB that won a Superbowl in the past decade? Fair enough, if that's your benchmark. How bout we look at THIS year?

We beat TB. Did Brees? No.
We beat SEA. Did Eli? No.
NYG lost to WAS. Will we? Who knows, but doubtful.
PIT got creamed by BAL, who were just demoralized by JAX.
NE barely beat TB. We creamed them.
The only team I can say nothing about is GB. They are the champs and undefeated. Until someone knocks them off, they are the benchmark.

So in short, you may be right in the sense that these teams are better than us, but don't use your deciding factor as picking the ONLY teams that have won SBs over the past ten years and comparing their winning QBs to AS. It's not fair. This is a team more than the QB. Much more.
Originally posted by King49er:

greenbay
ne
pitt
no
giants

I don't get the love for the Giants. To me they're mediocre. I mean, they lose to the Skins and Seahawks and barely win most of their other games, including the Cards. The only dangerous teams they've played are the Bills and Eagles. They couldn't even dominate the Rams.

In my mind, the Giants are a middle of the pack team. Inconsistent. Average.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Oct 25, 2011 at 10:47 PM ]
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by okdkid:
First of all, nobody likes a hipster with the "I don't care about the power rankings. I'd rather be underrated" b******t. You clicked, you care.

Secondly, this team has as much talent as all the top tier teams (including the Packers and Patriots). We play a different style ball, but when you compare the entire rosters there is not much of a difference.

There is absolutely no reason we can't be the #1 team in the league. Our strength of schedule is superior than all of the top teams. We did our best work on the road, on the east coast. We're an overtime away from being undefeated.

I just watched a Christian Ponder-led Vikings team nearly upset the Packers. The Ravens lost to a wretched Jacksonville side, in prime time. And the Saints lost to the very same Tampa Bay team we annihilated. And it can be argued that the Patriots defense is one of the league's 10 worst.

Point is, for every reason somebody gives that the 49ers should not be considered #1...there are just as many reasons for the other top teams.

When you look at the sum of the parts and the remaining schedule, the San Francisco 49ers could soon be considered the top team in the NFL.

This this and this x 100. From beginning to end great post. I couldn't agree more with you on everything you said above.

i second that! great post

...and too add on more thing, i'm so sick of reading "i got a bad feeling about the browns game" "cleveland has a really good defense"

if there is ever one game to feel completely confident about as a fan, it's this game. cleveland is f**king awful, they beat the dolphins, colts & seacocks. we are going to destroy them, end of story.
browns will get demolished in a similar fashion as the Bucs and we will go up a notch no matter what the teams in front of us do
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
browns will get demolished in a similar fashion as the Bucs and we will go up a notch no matter what the teams in front of us do

yeah, no way this is a trap game. we are going to destroy the browns...

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
First of all, nobody likes a hipster with the "I don't care about the power rankings. I'd rather be underrated" b******t. You clicked, you care.

Secondly, this team has as much talent as all the top tier teams (including the Packers and Patriots). We play a different style ball, but when you compare the entire rosters there is not much of a difference.

There is absolutely no reason we can't be the #1 team in the league. Our strength of schedule is superior than all of the top teams. We did our best work on the road, on the east coast. We're an overtime away from being undefeated.

I just watched a Christian Ponder-led Vikings team nearly upset the Packers. The Ravens lost to a wretched Jacksonville side, in prime time. And the Saints lost to the very same Tampa Bay team we annihilated. And it can be argued that the Patriots defense is one of the league's 10 worst.

Point is, for every reason somebody gives that the 49ers should not be considered #1...there are just as many reasons for the other top teams.

When you look at the sum of the parts and the remaining schedule, the San Francisco 49ers could soon be considered the top team in the NFL.

This this and this x 100. From beginning to end great post. I couldn't agree more with you on everything you said above.

...and too add on more thing, i'm so sick of reading "i got a bad feeling about the browns game" "cleveland has a really good defense"

if there is ever one game to feel completely confident about as a fan, it's this game. cleveland is f**king awful, they beat the dolphins, colts & seacocks. we are going to destroy them, end of story.

No way.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely see us winning, but not destroying them. We're just not going to throw down 40 or 50 points on them unless our D gives it do our offense in the red zone multiple times or get a defensive TD or two. Their D is pretty good and our O is decent. Our D is dominant and their O is fairly weak.

I don't expect them to score much, maybe 13 points, but I don't expect us to score a ton either, maybe mid-twenties.

I expect a solid win, but not an overwhelmingly dominant beat down.
  • Silky
  • Veteran

Your confidence will be your downfall!
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

Your confidence will be your downfall!

WE DON'T PLAY ON THE TEAM!! IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW CONFIDENT WE ARE!!!

Originally posted by mug0mug:

No way.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely see us winning, but not destroying them. We're just not going to throw down 40 or 50 points on them unless our D gives it do our offense in the red zone multiple times or get a defensive TD or two. Their D is pretty good and our O is decent. Our D is dominant and their O is fairly weak.

I don't expect them to score much, maybe 13 points, but I don't expect us to score a ton either, maybe mid-twenties.

I expect a solid win, but not an overwhelmingly dominant beat down.

you sure their d is good? Look at the s**ttastic offenses they have played against....
Originally posted by RonMexico:
you sure their d is good? Look at the s**ttastic offenses they have played against....

lol this lol
Share 49ersWebzone