LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Enjoy what? Being the top 3rd of a meaningless ranking?.....I guess....But Id rather kick everybody in the shins.....
Just enjoy being RELEVANT as opposed to the s**t on somebody's shoe... that's all I'm sayin'!
(And we will continue to kick people in the shins, but no need to kick each other in the shins, get me?)

I dont ever recall being the s**t on somebody's shoe.....but I guess Im just not used to people talking good about our team....
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by andes14:
How the hell is New Orleans above us. They have a worse record despite an easier schedule. What, because they smacked around, dominated, and blew out the winless Colts? We smacked around, dominated, and blew out one of the stronger teams in the NFC (Tampa) - the same team that beat those very Saints. How is there even a morsel of logic for them being above us???

Drew Brees. Until Alex or any QB on our team becomes elite, teams like NO(Brees), Packers(Rodgers) and NE(Brady) will all be ahead of us.

Or until the niners hand their asses to them in the playoffs. The truth is most teams are centered around the passing game and when they have to deal with a ball control style team like the niners, they never get into rhythm and can be beat. Those QB's mentioned above all have trouble when you can rush them without sending extra people and none of them have faced the schedule we have so far. I think we have a decent chance to hang with any of those teams and even beat them, we are a more balanced overall team than any of those guys are on, and last time I checked it was a team sport, no matter how bad the NFL is trying to push its star players.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Drew Brees. Until Alex or any QB on our team becomes elite, teams like NO(Brees), Packers(Rodgers) and NE(Brady) will all be ahead of us.

I would agree.........if it were QUARTERBACK power rankings. This is TEAM power rankings. Our TEAM has a better record than their TEAM. Despite a way harder schedule. We were higher than them last week. So crushing a winless team moves them ahead of us? Again, we crushed a WAAAAAAAY better team, a team that New Orleans LOST to. ZERO logic for this decision.
Originally posted by Next9erDynasty:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Mike and Mike, Chris Carter said he wouldn't be surprised if we go 13-3. I don't really care about that but what he also said was interesting. He said that we are built for cold weather late in the season playoff games. He said if we grab home field, it will be difficult for even a team like GB to play on that slushy Candlestick field and we are built for it with what Harbaugh has done.

That will be one thing I will miss about having a new stadium, that slushy field in the playoffs.

Didn't Al Davis used to run the sprinklers for 5-6 hours before games against teams with fast WR's to mud down the field?

Well that was dumb since Al Davis is the one who had all the track stars.
Originally posted by andes14:
I would agree.........if it were QUARTERBACK power rankings. This is TEAM power rankings. Our TEAM has a better record than their TEAM. Despite a way harder schedule. We were higher than them last week. So crushing a winless team moves them ahead of us? Again, we crushed a WAAAAAAAY better team, a team that New Orleans LOST to. ZERO logic for this decision.

Let's not forget that A. Smith went toe-to-toe with D. Brees in their game last season, and that was with Singletary/Raye coaching.
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
Originally posted by digital9er:
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
No suprise there. I suppose we should worry a bit more about Pittsburg though.

Whoa bud! one game at a time. Let's think about getting the win against the Browns and think about the next game after that.

Pfft... I'm a fan, not a player. I'm more concerned about how we're going to beat GB in the NFC Championship!

Exactly, as fans we have nothing to do but speculate and argue for 165 of the 168 hours in a week. Power rankings are completely pointless, but give us something to discuss and b***h at when the other threads inevitably get stale (another Aldon Smith thread? ...)
I am enjoying the negative whining machines that were hanging around here being basically gone almost as much as the 9ers winning.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Or until the niners hand their asses to them in the playoffs. The truth is most teams are centered around the passing game and when they have to deal with a ball control style team like the niners, they never get into rhythm and can be beat. Those QB's mentioned above all have trouble when you can rush them without sending extra people and none of them have faced the schedule we have so far. I think we have a decent chance to hang with any of those teams and even beat them, we are a more balanced overall team than any of those guys are on, and last time I checked it was a team sport, no matter how bad the NFL is trying to push its star players.

Damn Bro, i love it!!! And youre right on point too.

Lets hand their asses to themselves!!!
transitive property doesnt work in real life people, didnt you take critical thinking in college? quit saying "because we beat tampa who beat NO we should be better"
niners had a bye week, no one got to see them play. therefore more people are going to over look the niners in their rankings.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
I am enjoying the negative whining machines that were hanging around here being basically gone almost as much as the 9ers winning.

Since September 6th?

• Antix
  • Veteran
We have the strongest strength of schedule of any 1 loss team. That BY ITSELF proves we are the best 1 loss team. Considering 3 of those wins were on the road that makes it even more clear.

Teams like NO and PIT and BLT get credit for past success and their QBs name in comparison to ours.

It doesn't matter though. I only care if we're number 1 by March.
Originally posted by rxrunner:
i dont care where we stand, we started the season at 26.

Right-its where we finish! Why worry about those opinions-opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one.
Man, I love the way this team is built! We are the new, Oldschool. Someone has said it before, but a lot of NFL teams have been building to defend the pass. That is why they will be in a world of hurt when the Niners line up 6,7 and maby 8 big bodies to set up the run. Even worst, because we have very good TEs (blocking or catching) we can also pass out of the formation. We are the perfect answer to the high flying offenses of todays NFL.

I honestly feel like I'm watching the next stage of evolution in offensive football. And it's not just from a scheme stand point, it's also player personnel.

Harbaugh will win a Superbowl.....
Who cares its all about wins and losses. The rankings are fun to talk about but it is nothing to get worked up about.
I agree with #4. Our defense has saved our ass up to this point. Comback wins are great but i'd rather not have to come from behind.
Share 49ersWebzone