LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 392 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
It's 50/50 for me. Seahawks are just starting to hit their prime, while we are slowly regressing in certain areas. I think our defense is going to take a step back, but our offense is going to step up. Seahawks got better on offense and still have the same young nucleus on defense. I see no reason they wont be a pretty damn good team, but same for us. Really hard to say at this point.

Correction:

Seahawks got better on offense and still have the same young nucleus on defense minus the PED's...

They also added some free agents on the defensive side. It remains to be seen if the Seahawks got the kind of Cowboys 1992, and 49ers 1994 improvements, or the 2011 Eagles "dream team" moves.
ESPN? Who?
Im still skeptical of seattle on the road... give them the road schedule we had last year and they would have never made the playoffs.

Playing in their house is one thing, but in order to keep pace with us theyre gonna need to step their road performance up this year, IMO.

I also think theyre gonna take some time to gel with their new additions, I wont be sold on them as #1 until i see what they do after a couple weeks come september.
[ Edited by VancouverNiner on Mar 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM ]
It's 50/50 for me. Seahawks are just starting to hit their prime, while we are slowly regressing in certain areas. I think our defense is going to take a step back, but our offense is going to step up. Seahawks got better on offense and still have the same young nucleus on defense. I see no reason they wont be a pretty damn good team, but same for us. Really hard to say at this point.

You cannot be serious. JH's first season we get to the NFC Title gam. His 2nd season we get to the SB. And we're regressing?!?
Sure we lost some pieces (Walker and Goldson), but I hardly consider that a regression. We actually upgrade our NG position and extended home-grown young talent. I don't think you are giving this team credit for our ability to develop our own talent.

I dont give a F if they rank us 32nd. All this crap means nothing.
Good!

Let's use it as motivation to ram it down their throats.
couldn't care less about an ESPN rank in March
Shehawk - off season champ of last year also.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

You cannot be serious. JH's first season we get to the NFC Title gam. His 2nd season we get to the SB. And we're regressing?!?
Sure we lost some pieces (Walker and Goldson), but I hardly consider that a regression. We actually upgrade our NG position and extended home-grown young talent. I don't think you are giving this team credit for our ability to develop our own talent.

Justin SMith played how many games in a row before he got injured? He's getting older. Frank Gore, getting older. Patrick Willis has maxed out I think. Our secondary is still suspect. Aldon didn't play so well without the Cowboy so if he goes down again... We lost Ice. We lost an all pro in Goldson.

I don't underestimate this front office and coaching staff, but you don't replace Goldson, and if Justin gets hurt again(age) you definitely don't replace him. He's the best in the league.
Originally posted by susweel:
Seahawks can SMK

+1

Originally posted by fastforward:
The passing game of the 49ers will improve, but there are question marks about the rushing offense. Gore will only get older. Will Hunter come back the same? If not, will LMJ be a capable replacement? What version of Dixon will the 49ers have? Will the absence of Walker hurt the running game?
Granted, Gore will be a year older, and Hunter is coming off and injury. But a question mark? I don't think so! The running game starts up front in the trenches. We have arguably the most physical O-line in the league all coming back and will be together for some time. Our coaching staff will manage Gores snaps. Hunter will be back, but I do expect for us to pick up a RB in late in the draft of a rookie FA. Our running game won't miss a beat.
Seattle is just a "trendy" team for analyst to band wagon. They are a quality team, but not as good as the media would portray them to be.
AGAIN, why are so many people (including the media) overlooking the key injuries to our defense after the Pats game? Justin and Aldon just underwent corrective surgery and are projected to be fully rehabilitate well before the season starts. That alone puts us above anyone in the NFL, including the Seahawks. Now add a few strong FA's and 14 draft picks (6 in the first three rounds) and we're #2? Please.
Justin SMith played how many games in a row before he got injured? He's getting older. Frank Gore, getting older. Patrick Willis has maxed out I think. Our secondary is still suspect. Aldon didn't play so well without the Cowboy so if he goes down again... We lost Ice. We lost an all pro in Goldson.

I don't underestimate this front office and coaching staff, but you don't replace Goldson, and if Justin gets hurt again(age) you definitely don't replace him. He's the best in the league.

I thought that too about Aldon until I learned he was also playing hurt.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

I thought that too about Aldon until I learned he was also playing hurt.

I just feel we are going to regress and I feel we started to see it last year. Think we regressed from '11 to '12 and feel that will continue with players getting older, and others primes maxed out. Not saying we are going to suck, but we are still going to take a step backwards.

But again could be 100% wrong, just my feeling on the issue.
Share 49ersWebzone