LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 184 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Bye Week State of the Franchise Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I remember talking to my cousin, who is a 49er fan, before the season started and he thought the 49ers would suck this year. He was calling Harbaugh a puppet to the Yorks, and the 49ers are going to get embarrassed this year. I didn't argue with him, but I really felt he was wrong.

I wonder what he is thinking now.
If we play how we have been playing...
We can very well sweep our Division, along with a win vs the Browns, Redskins, or Giants.

thats 10/11/12 wins right there. wow!
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
It hasn't felt this good to be a 49er fan in years!!

no kidding i don't have to resort to stuff that happened 10-20+ years ago when trash talking starts.
I've been on cloud9 all day! And we have a week to get healthy. Once Edwards is back, our offense can add that new component.

Our schedule is starting to look a lot easier now
  • mike
  • Veteran
I can't believe all it's going to take is a win against the browns to match our win total from last year...lmao.

-Skins are decent but just lost to a team we beat(the eagles)
-Giants beat the bills(because of their run game mostly) but lost to the freaking seachickens a few weeks ago lol.

and then of course there's the cards...

Really not worried about any of these teams, none are really any worse than teams we've already faced. Next big test doesn't come till thanksgiving.
It's good right now. But we have to keep it in perspective. One week at a time. Hopefully the Wideouts will get things together during the bye. The passing game took a minor step back this week. We need to be able to capitalize on opportunities. Walker should have had that TD. Crabs should never fail to get two feet in when a first down is on the line, maybe Ginn could focus on getting under balls or Smith work out a slightly better placement. He certainly needs to take some reps to make sure he can stop sailing the ball. Defense is awesome, Oline is rolling, RBs are great and the pass game is effective but I'd like to see us play more like the bucs game. Hopefully we get healed up, tuned up and then use the Cleveland game to get back into the winning groove.
Edwards coming back when the run game is tearing it up, the DBs playing well, Morgan the only season ending injury, and winning games by playing very well (TB) and playing poorly (Det). The team should be improving through the year and Smith usually plays better in the second half of the year.

Stars are aligning!
Originally posted by VA49er:
It's good right now. But we have to keep it in perspective. One week at a time. Hopefully the Wideouts will get things together during the bye. The passing game took a minor step back this week. We need to be able to capitalize on opportunities. Walker should have had that TD. [B]Crabs should never fail to get two feet in when a first down is on the line, [/b]maybe Ginn could focus on getting under balls or Smith work out a slightly better placement. He certainly needs to take some reps to make sure he can stop sailing the ball. Defense is awesome, Oline is rolling, RBs are great and the pass game is effective but I'd like to see us play more like the bucs game. Hopefully we get healed up, tuned up and then use the Cleveland game to get back into the winning groove.

What I want to know is why does Alex ALWAYS overthrow Crabtree? I understand he won't have great timing with him due to lack of practice time together, but that really has nothing to do with the ball sailing over Crabtree's head every time he throws it his way. Every catch Crabtree makes looks like a highlight reel catch because he has to go up to get it every single time.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Oct 16, 2011 at 7:59 PM ]
The team has been missing one price for a few years now, it has always been missing the coaching necessary to win. We knew we had talent in the final moments of the Nolan era, we knew we had talent when singletary was coaching, and we knew we had the talent this year. The missing piece was coaching, it's been the weakness for years.

I was excited when Singletary took over because I thought his changing in coaching technique was the piece we needed but hew wasn't the coach we needed, i'm not sure he was ever really even a coach. Sing would have been better had he not fired Martz, he could have been successful as the speaker with Martz and Manusky coaching the team. When we got Harbaugh, I was a believer that the talent on the team would come out and thank god it has. Excited!

When members complained about not doing serious upgrades in the off season, the truth is we had, we upgraded the coaching and it was the right upgrade this time.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Oct 16, 2011 at 8:06 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
There are still many things that we can do, and have to do, to improve as the year progresses.

We have had too many penalties--think it was 15 in the game today. This has got to change, because continuing with this number penalties will eventually cost us games.

Needless to say that our offensive line needs to:

a) Reduce the number of false starts, holding, and illegal formations.

b) Reduce the number of sacks allowed.

If the offensive line can do the above our passing offense should improve.

But, our passing game will still need more work, and a fair amount. Getting Edwards back will help the passing game, but that will not be enough. Smith and Crabtree need to get on the same page. We still need another wide receiver to step up.

We will still need to install more of the offensive system, but that might not really happen until next year.

f**k YEAH THIS IS f**kING AWESOME IVE NEVER FELT THIS WAY ABOUT THE 49ERS BEFORE THIS IS INCREDIBLE IM SO HAPPY I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING AT ALL

Whats really weird about this is that all of this emotion and joy came out after beating the...Lions...lol

f**k THE NFL WE'RE COMING AFTER EVERYONE, WATCH OUT, THE REVOLUTION IS UPON US AND THEM NINER BOYS ARE LEADING THE f**kING CHARGE
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
The Bye has come at a perfect time, too. coming off a pretty emotional, turbulent, successful run of games, we can now regroup, heal up, fix some problems, and we don't have to play right away with a hype train running behind us. I hope the coaches can use this as a chance to kind of "re-set" the attitude of the team, get to work on some fundamental stuff, and avoid allowing this winning streak to balloon the teams collective ego.

Agreed. They gotta keep Freddy Soft out of the building.

This
  • zero
  • Veteran

It will be interesting to see if we get LLoyd for it would be a perfect time to get him and acclimate him for the rest of the season in our offense.

The bye will be a good time to let the team heal up from all of the wounds, aches, and pains, especially Edwards, Iupati, Spencer, etc.

Get a chance to put in the next level of the offensive play book.

Allow Edwards, Crabtree and A. Smith to get better reaquainated

And allow Aldon Smith to get more practice at OLB.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
It hasn't felt this good to be a 49er fan in years!!

Feels all that much better because it has been years.
Share 49ersWebzone