LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 241 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Bye Week State of the Franchise Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shorteous:
The team has been missing one price for a few years now, it has always been missing the coaching necessary to win. We knew we had talent in the final moments of the Nolan era, we knew we had talent when singletary was coaching, and we knew we had the talent this year. The missing piece was coaching, it's been the weakness for years.

I was excited when Singletary took over because I thought his changing in coaching technique was the piece we needed but hew wasn't the coach we needed, i'm not sure he was ever really even a coach. Sing would have been better had he not fired Martz, he could have been successful as the speaker with Martz and Manusky coaching the team. When we got Harbaugh, I was a believer that the talent on the team would come out and thank god it has. Excited!

When members complained about not doing serious upgrades in the off season, the truth is we had, we upgraded the coaching and it was the right upgrade this time.

Coaching was critical, but the "system" even more so. I was so pissed when they made the idiotic move to get away from the WCO... That system just makes QBs look better, and makes offenses more effective. I'm so happy Harbaugh is a WCO-type of guy. Let's never ditch the system again. It's so much easier to maintain a level of play for years if you keep a system working for you, and groom your next QB all the time. Remember Montana, Young, Cavanaugh, Grbac, Garcia, etc. We had some solid QBs - some the best ever - but the system really helped.

Long live the WCO.
Originally posted by noblood:
I was thinking the same thing mybe even 9-1 on turky day and with our run D I think we have a good shot at winning that game

We cannot get too confident! It will channel to the team. We want them to play hungry and with a chip on their shoulder, not like major favorites.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Do you think the bandwagoneers will show up now?

The wife went into Walmart this morning and she saw a sea of niner fans so the bandwagon has now become a stretch.
After the break we have three games we should win before we lock-up with division opponents starting with Arizona on 11/20.

As far as our divisional rivals, next weekend the Cards host the Steelers and the Rams play at Dallas . . . so I'm thinking those are L's putting Arizona at 1-5 and St. Louis at 0-6. Then the next week Arizona is at Baltimore and the Rams host the Saints. So those guys will be dead and buried by Halloween at 1-6 and 0-7.

So really our only competition within the division at this point is Seattle. Next week they play at Cleveland which is winnable but you never know. Then they host Cincy then play at Dallas then they host Baltimore. One way or the other I think Seattle drops 3 of their next 4 which would put them at 3-6 before the final division kick.

If we're sitting at no worse than 7-2 on 11/20 then it's pretty much over.

It's going to be a blast to watch!!!!
Originally posted by egoonda:

Long live the WCO.

Yes!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
With the trade deadline coming on Tuesday. I thought I'd start this thread as we enter the bye week. All team related news and rumors goes here.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 17, 2011 at 5:50 AM ]
Perfect time for a bye week

We can rest up
We get Braylon back

I expect our passing offense totale a big step after the bye week we
Really suffered without Morgan

Now with Braylon crabtree and potentially Lloyd we finally have an above average receiving corps
Best bye week in a long time... went into the bye week strong and getting back a key player.
Feels great going into the bye 5-1
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Feels great going into the bye 5-1

This. Much needed rest and some time off for the players to get away.

we are gonna kick this bye weeks ass
We have improved every week. It will be great to see how much better we'll be against Cleveland.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
its not a bye week, its "Improvement week" Highly doubtful that the team gets much more than a couple days out of the facility.
Love that we're going into the bye with momentum. Hate that I have to wait 2 weeks to see another game.
Share 49ersWebzone