LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Bye Week State of the Franchise Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think it's safe to say that our current state has exceeded the dreams of even the biggest homers. I mean think about this; all we need to do is play .500 ball the rest of way just to get to 10-6. Now with a week of rest and Braylon Edwards coming back we couldn't be positioned better IMO.

The defense and special teams are two of the best units in the league and the offense has improved game by game, quarter by quarter. If Crabtree and Edwards can get their timing with Smith dialed in then I think any . . . I repeat ANY game is winnable.

Barring catostrophic injury and allowing for the sometimes fluky NFL, I think we lose no more than three more games and end up with no worse than a #2 seed and a bye.

In just six weeks we've come a long way from Suck for Luck . . .

Is this fun again or what?
Lol I don't see any ur winnable games from here on out. Is it weird I think that? Lol
I was thinking the same thing mybe even 9-1 on turky day and with our run D I think we have a good shot at winning that game
The Bye has come at a perfect time, too. coming off a pretty emotional, turbulent, successful run of games, we can now regroup, heal up, fix some problems, and we don't have to play right away with a hype train running behind us. I hope the coaches can use this as a chance to kind of "re-set" the attitude of the team, get to work on some fundamental stuff, and avoid allowing this winning streak to balloon the teams collective ego.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
The Bye has come at a perfect time, too. coming off a pretty emotional, turbulent, successful run of games, we can now regroup, heal up, fix some problems, and we don't have to play right away with a hype train running behind us. I hope the coaches can use this as a chance to kind of "re-set" the attitude of the team, get to work on some fundamental stuff, and avoid allowing this winning streak to balloon the teams collective ego.

Agreed. They gotta keep Freddy Soft out of the building.
BEST PART...........

we've only played the NFC West once so far! And we beat the best of the others
TWO WEEKS TO BRAG!!!!

BE HARBAUGH ARROGANT!!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Agreed. They gotta keep Freddy Soft out of the building.

haha! yup. if we played next week, i'd be worried we could fall into a "trap" game or just generally be distracted. a young team winning when they're not used to, and keeping them "level headed" is going to be a challenge all year, but right now is a great time to get back to basics--especially with all the stupid penalties and general mistakes we made today.
Do you think the bandwagoneers will show up now?
im so proud to be a 9ers fan and the way weve played. we cannot think we fully arrived and play down to our level and opponent

We have had the benefit of good scheduling. That has worked out to our favor.

Seattle - easy win
Bengals and Eagles back to back - we decide to stay out there. GREAT BONDING MOVE.
Tampa bay coming off monday night with a win
Detroit coming off monday night with a win

Not that I'm saying we are lucky, but we are making the most of our chances.

5 games against our division
Cleveland - winnable
Pitt and New York at home

I LIKE IT. 12-4 niners!!!!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Do you think the bandwagoneers will show up now?

They're already here.

i was the only niner fan in the beginning of the year at the sports bar i usually go to. today, it was packed w/ red. lol.
We better not come out soft against the Browns. We need to play them as hard as we played today. Can't be overly confident coming out of the bye week

Anyway, 5-1 with some GREAT finishes in big games....I never would have thought I'd see that from this team. I haven't seen the 49ers play like this...EVER!

It's a good day to be a 49er fan
It hasn't felt this good to be a 49er fan in years!!
haha! yup. if we played next week, i'd be worried we could fall into a "trap" game or just generally be distracted. a young team winning when they're not used to, and keeping them "level headed" is going to be a challenge all year, but right now is a great time to get back to basics--especially with all the stupid penalties and general mistakes we made today.

Yeah I like the timing of the break. They couldn't be more together than they are now with the tight win on the road and the post game dust-up in enemy territory, but coming off the Youngstown trip and the long plane ride back from Philly I'd bet that they're all a little eager to get away from each other for a few days. I think by rule they're supposed to get four consectutive days off during the bye week.
Share 49ersWebzone