LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Akers appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Did anyone else feel pride when Akers made the long field goal (55 yarder...i think) soon after the lions kicker missed his 50 yarder?

He's put alot of points on the board for us this year. I just think he deserves some appreciation
not sure where we would be without him and the rest of the special teams from jennings to ginn
Just don't let him kick in Philly
Another nice FA pick-up . . . ridiculed at the time by many as small potatoes IIRC. It's proving to be huuuuge.
Yes Akers was money today

and give some props to Andy Lee..He was punting the sh*t out of the ball forcing Detroit to start within the 10- 20 yard line nearly all game long..That field position battle was a huge part of the game because our defense was too good
Gotta love Akers!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No drop off whatsoever from Nedney!!!

Still love Nedney though.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
No drop off whatsoever from Nedney!!!

Still love Nedney though.

yeah, this. Nedney was a boss. And Akers has been fantastic.
Originally posted by artiga1:
Yes Akers was money today

and give some props to Andy Lee..He was punting the sh*t out of the ball forcing Detroit to start within the 10- 20 yard line nearly all game long..That field position battle was a huge part of the game because our defense was too good

thats true..andy is at a pro bowl level right now
No team can beat us if the game becomes a field position battle, NO TEAM! Andy Lee is the best in the biz and Akers is playing lights out. When the Lions game became a field position battle, I knew it would play in our favor... our red zone D is just too good! Thank you Akers for being money in the bank

Great signing by Baalke. I have total faith in Akers. Underrated for sure!
Keep it up David.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Philly was insane to let him go just because of a bad playoff game. Still had a good season last year and has already hit his career high in a season with 3 50+ fgs this year. Without that 1 before halftime, I think we lose.

A great feeling to finally have top notch kickers when our team is actually good. We've had great kickers for a while now but only when we sucked. When we were good, our kicking game usually sucked.
The kickers have been great, so good that many of us take them for granted. And special teams play has been solid in every respect. So nice to have confidence in this part of the game.
Akers has a stronger leg than Nedney. It's an upgrade to me.
Share 49ersWebzone