There are 254 users in the forums

Akers appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Amazing performance today.
he's legit. He's revived his career here.
Glad he is a Niner
love my ff kicker
He has made 50+ yds field goals look easy. And in CandleStick wind
This guy was also an unsung hero in my book for his performance today!!! Didn't miss a single kick and scored almost half the points for the team today!!! Not only that but a few touch backs as well...field position definitely had a great part to do with today's win!
Akers is the man!!
  • mike
  • Veteran
Don't forget the placement on that onside kick, that was just a really amazingly placed kick. Not like those douches in Atlanta tried to pull off in the saints game lol.
Originally posted by bear2073:
This guy was also an unsung hero in my book for his performance today!!! Didn't miss a single kick and scored almost half the points for the team today!!! Not only that but a few touch backs as well...field position definitely had a great part to do with today's win!

+1...no, +100. What a free agent pick up this guy has been! Can't underestimate the importance of what he's done for our special teams every game.
23/25 on FGs, only 2 misses in Philly game.

He's been awesome...He's only missed on two kicks this year and correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's hit all of his +50 yarders this season! Awesome pick up. That onside kick really fired the team up today. God am I glad to be beyond the Cortez days!!! or Owen Pochman!!! Remember that guy!?!?!?! Nedney was clutch but didn't have the leg power Akers does. He's an integral part of the team.
Our kicking game (punting & place kicking) is by far the best in the league. Both Lee and Akers are so dependable it has almost become automatic for both of them. We are very fortunate to have both of them on the Niners, they give us a huge advantage over our competition.
Don't forget Andy Lee.... Had some BOOMING punts.
I wish we didn't kick soooo much FGs (would rather we convert them to TDs), but I am glad Akers is there when he's needed.
Akers is my hero.
Share 49ersWebzone