LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

call on 4th and 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
obviously a great call as it worked...looked like crabtree cleared out the defense for walker to come underneath...

smith puts pass where it has to be so walker doesnt have to break stride (I have seen many on this board who claim he has never hit a receiver in stride---untrue, though he hasnt done so consistently....he has been pretty good on the slant patterns this year, first time i can recall niners making much use of the pattern since owens)

gutsy call in that it would have been safer to call something where the receiver is in the end zone when the ball gets to him

looked like crabtree may have broken open in the corner of the end zone, as well
This has been brought up somewhere else. It was a great call and the right read by Smith. I actually think it was the design. Plus at the end of the day I'll take Walker wide open with a yard of space over crabtree in the back of the end zone. Percentages are much higher especially when you include trust and chemsitry. IT scored so it was the right play. Being decisive wins alot of battles.
Plus Walker owed us and Alex that TD catch after dropping that one earlier.
That is some intestinal fortitude making that call.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
That is some intestinal fortitude making that call.

this.

Great calls and great designs by Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

This
I was going bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S

I was in driving listening to the game on the radio....I damn near swerved off the road when I heard touchdown!
Enjoy this fellow faithfuls, We deserve this!! Go NINERS
I'm visiting a friend at Yale in New Haven , CT. We were at Buffalo Wild Wings and there were 6 other Niner fans there and a few Lions fans as well. Pretty sure we spilled all 6 beers on the table while celebrating after that touchdown... hell ya!

Originally posted by jays9ers:
I was in driving listening to the game on the radio....I damn near swerved off the road when I heard touchdown!

i was at work in the middle of a bunch of c**tomer listening to it on my am radio with headphones.

i scare the s**t out of them. and then when the niners held them the first time, people were laughing because i jumped with a double fist pump.

He did! And he delivered!
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

He did! And he delivered!

For sure. I was furious seeing Walker bobble and bumble that ball away earlier in the game with NO ONE around him whatsoever. Much more upset about that one than the Crabtree play.

lol I'm glad you are still here with us.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
i was at work in the middle of a bunch of c**tomer listening to it on my am radio with headphones.

i scare the s**t out of them. and then when the niners held them the first time, people were laughing because i jumped with a double fist pump.

Originally posted by jdt84_2:

i love it
Share 49ersWebzone