There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Culliver > Peterson

Culliver > Peterson

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Dont even know how peterson is doing in coverage. He's good at returning kicks though.

He he has been awful. One of my buddy's is a cards fan and he said that the when QBs throw his way theyhave a 98.5 rating that's horrible coverage

Don't know how he found that out but of so. Awful
Havent watched a ton of Cards film but Peterson hasnt looked as good as he was advertised before the draft. Now corners dont usual step in a dominate but I know people were saying this before the draft due to his size...he may be a safety.

Ultimately I think he'll be a good player though.
Good thing our ST coverage is so good.
Cmon now. Patrick Peterson is way better. Biased 9er fans!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

In college for sure, but Culliver is a big piece of the best defense in the NFL
Peterson may get all the hype because of his return ability ..but Culliver is more solid in coverage than Peterson, when we played the Bucs, Culliver was so solid in coverage, the bucs were afraid to throw at him, he may have his up's and downs, but Culliver is looking like a steal

why? cuz he was picked higher? They bought an expensive return man, thats it
Culliver has been phenomenal for us. He has shown a lot of potential and will soon be a starter at corner.

Peterson struggled earlier this year, but has actually played really well lately. We know about his special teams play, but at corner he has really stepped it up.

It will be nice to see these guys play tomorrow. I hope Cully ends up outshining PP
Havnt seen much of Peterson - he is a good ST performer.
Way too early to go either way.

That said, many cudos to Baalke - this could be "THE" steal of then draft if Culliver continues to improve.

Way better as a CB? Not even close.

Maybe someday. But not this year.
I said since draft day that Peterson will be a bust, I still think he will be
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
I said since draft day that Peterson will be a bust, I still think he will be

Sure you did.
It's too early to tell and you have to give Peterson some benefit of the doubt in that he's not surrounded by anywhere the talent Culliver has been.

Even with that said so far it's looking like a fantastic pick by Baalke considering he got Bowman out of the 3rd round last draft we might want to just load up on 3rd round picks.

Also give some credit to Ed Donatell who has not just Culliver playing at a high level but the secondary as a whole playing better. Rodgers and Brown are having career years also.
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
It's too early to tell and you have to give Peterson some benefit of the doubt in that he's not surrounded by anywhere the talent Culliver has been.

Even with that said so far it's looking like a fantastic pick by Baalke considering he got Bowman out of the 3rd round last draft we might want to just load up on 3rd round picks.

Also give some credit to Ed Donatell who has not just Culliver playing at a high level but the secondary as a whole playing better. Rodgers and Brown are having career years also.

This is all very true.