LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Culliver > Peterson

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Culliver > Peterson

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yup. The only time he gets beat is on perfect throws or he thinks he has coverage and gives up on the play. This in the NFL, just because you are on em doesn't mean they are covered.

Peterson or Culliver?

Culliver. He's gotten much better at it this year. I was talking about last year. The point was, he's always in position.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I can now honestly say Culliver is the better CB. He makes so much plays on the deep ball, Peterson is overrated, can't believe I wanted him over any pick we were going to make.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I can now honestly say Culliver is the better CB. He makes so much plays on the deep ball, Peterson is overrated, can't believe I wanted him over any pick we were going to make.

Good thing he didn't fall. Aldon is a stud.
Peterson is a beast but I think Culliver is a better cover corner.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
I haven't been impressed with Peterson at all. He was considered such a can't miss prospect that a lot of fans still think he's a pretty great player, especially on the Cardinals forum. But at some point you're going to have to start talking about the bust label being applied to Peterson
Originally posted by Bodhi:
I haven't been impressed with Peterson at all. He was considered such a can't miss prospect that a lot of fans still think he's a pretty great player, especially on the Cardinals forum. But at some point you're going to have to start talking about the bust label being applied to Peterson

Not going that far, but he's certainly overrated.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:

bust no? overrated yes. He has a handfull of picks in a season and a half and a rookie season full of ST highlights. Definitely not a bust, not a reach, he is just an athlete right now. developing as a CB.
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Good thing he didn't fall. Aldon is a stud.

No kidding, we would've been a top 15 defense like we have in recent years instead of a top 10 like we have been.

Baalke!!!!
Originally posted by pdizo916:

A beast at what?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

A beast at what?

Punt returning, well not against us anyway.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

A beast at what?

Punt returning, well not against us anyway.

He's not even top 20 in punt returns with players who have 8 or more attempts
I honestly believe you have to factor in coaching as well I think Peterson would have been a stud if we would have chosen him. Its the main reason imo why Cully is the better cover corner at this point.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:

I agree that Peterson is overrated as a corner back. He gets way to many pass interference and defensive holding penalties.
Share 49ersWebzone