There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

players niners have injured

Preseason Week 3 we add to our list

Originally posted by English:
How many snaps is he going to be in the game for? Damn few! Game 3 of the preseason!!

Game 3 of the pre-season starters usually play into the 3rd quarter. Will see.....
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
How many snaps is he going to be in the game for? Damn few! Game 3 of the preseason!!

Game 3 of the pre-season starters usually play into the 3rd quarter. Will see.....

Cannot see him doing that, can you?
Cannot see him doing that, can you?

Broncos won't let it happen against this defense, even though we don't make injured players "decide". Case in point: Ben Roethlisberger on Monday Night.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
thread is kinda hypocritical

I completely agree. You guys are messed up. This thread glorifies injuries to opponents. That is not what football is about.

The intent of any football player should be to beat his opponent by being physically better than he is and to beat him at his best. Only a coward seeks to win by injuring his opponent.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Broncos won't let it happen against this defense, even though we don't make injured players "decide". Case in point: Ben Roethlisberger on Monday Night.
i think that is a great point. I think the broncos are going to be so worried and spend so much time trying to protect him,they will forget about other key areas of the game,, I think that is what happened when montana went to the chiefs, he was very very brittle at the end and they spent so much time trying to protect him, they really limited themselves and if i remember right the last impression of montana was laying on a frozen turf in the playoffs against i think buffalo.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
i think that is a great point. I think the broncos are going to be so worried and spend so much time trying to protect him,they will forget about other key areas of the game,, I think that is what happened when montana went to the chiefs, he was very very brittle at the end and they spent so much time trying to protect him, they really limited themselves and if i remember right the last impression of montana was laying on a frozen turf in the playoffs against i think buffalo.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
I completely agree. You guys are messed up. This thread glorifies injuries to opponents. That is not what football is about.

The intent of any football player should be to beat his opponent by being physically better than he is and to beat him at his best. Only a coward seeks to win by injuring his opponent.
, Last year the niners never never went out to injure someone on purpose. Any injury that occured against our defense was simply because we were more fundamentally sound, we wrapped and we tackled unlike most teams in the nfl.we hit hard, we stayed within the rules a majorty of the time.If anyone gets hurt against our defense it is only because we are tougher than they are.if someone gets hurt and it is a legal hit then so be it.
i would not be surprised if the niners ran some type of bounty...maybe not to the extreme of the saints and gregg williams but something similar

Um no. Injury as a by product of hard play is a part of football. There is nothing wrong with liking the fact that our defense physically beats down opponents if they do it legally. It would be a different story if we were saying "I hope brooks gets a hit in after the whistle and takes _____ out of the game". That is completely different.
won't feel sorry for any injuries occurring to the Saints in the near infinite future, that audio was the most disgusting thing I've heard in a long time.
Originally posted by cciowa:

, Last year the niners never never went out to injure someone on purpose. Any injury that occured against our defense was simply because we were more fundamentally sound, we wrapped and we tackled unlike most teams in the nfl.we hit hard, we stayed within the rules a majorty of the time.If anyone gets hurt against our defense it is only because we are tougher than they are.if someone gets hurt and it is a legal hit then so be it.

Yeah that's fine... I'm not saying that our team has done anything wrong by playing hard physical football that has unintentionally led to a few injuries. I'm saying that glorifying those injuries and maintaining a list (as this thread does) is unsportsmanlike.

Yeah that's fine... I'm not saying that our team has done anything wrong by playing hard physical football that has unintentionally led to a few injuries. I'm saying that glorifying those injuries and maintaining a list (as this thread does) is unsportsmanlike.

But we aint the ones playing the games so we dont have to be sportsmanlike.

Yes, this thread is walking a very fine line.
Originally posted by DirtyP:

Um no. Injury as a by product of hard play is a part of football. There is nothing wrong with liking the fact that our defense physically beats down opponents if they do it legally. It would be a different story if we were saying "I hope brooks gets a hit in after the whistle and takes _____ out of the game". That is completely different.

Yeah I get that injury is a part of football... having played for many years in HS and college. But hoping and watching for guys to get hurt is pretty pathetic... even from legal hits.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home