LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

In ALL Seriousness, Thank You Coach Singletary!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Singletary changed V. Davis' attitude... and that's about all he did as HC. He just changed Davis so he won't act like a dumb*** on the field. He failed at everything else.
Ridiculous thread.
thank you to Singletary for sucking so bad that we got Jim Harbaugh.
He does deserve credit for that
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Nolan had the defense playing reallly well and they regressed under Singletary. The offense played horribly under Nolan and regressed under Singletary. Can't think of a coach with less understanding of HCing than big Mike. Yes, he did help turn VD around...may have helped the LBs...that's as much credit as I can give him.

Agree that he may be a much better man than coach.
what? no, why?
I really am getting tired of this notion that Singletary either A) Built this team or B) Instilled his attitude in this team enough that it still carries over. I have heard them mention this on 95.7 and NFL Network and it is pissing me off. And I dont think it is disrespectful to Singletary, the man, to point out his horrible ineptitude and stubborness as a coach. People....he did not BUILD this team....he coached for one full season....if anything....this team was built IN SPITE of him. The man didnt want to draft Willis for Christs sake and people are giving him credit for building this team! This team barely has the same players on it as it did under him...have you looked at the defense lately? If anything, Nolan built ts team. As far as the attitude and the hunger....these guys are professional athletes...they all have that! The difference is that now we have a coach who can harness it appropriately! Singletary built nothing fools! If you think otherwise, then you probably think ESPN isfair and unbiased too because thats probably where you get your info! Sheesh people!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Good Lord. The only way that Singletary made this team hungry was by being such a terrible coach that he couldn't make the playoffs with a comparably talented squad.

EXACTLY

It's easy to see if you look at last season. 49er play 3 play-off bound teams well enough to beat them ( N.O, Atlanta ,Philly) but somehow can't finish and lose these games in the final minuets. Then get blown out by the worst team in the league (Carolina). It was apparent to most with half brain that the 49ers had the talent to make the play-offs last year but Singletary and his crew were so awful it was enough to tip the team in the wrong direction.
Singletary has no business being anything more then a LB coach.
Harbaugh has been a savior to the organization.
I know what you mean Mr 49.

In all seriousness..... no.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
What a buffoon

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Good Lord. The only way that Singletary made this team hungry was by being such a terrible coach that he couldn't make the playoffs with a comparably talented squad.

This.
Originally posted by amigoj49:
Coach Harbaugh has received a ton of praise for turning our team around. And yes, he deserves a lot of credit. But I look at our team and I see a bunch of PHYSICAL and HUNGRY players IN THE MOLD OF SINGLETARY.

We may not be talented as some of the super teams but we are playing with TENACITY and HEART. And for this, I can't think of anyone that deserves more credit than Coach Sing. I have a feeling that Sing is watching us on ESPN and feeling mighty proud. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!

PS. Here is what coach Harbaugh did.... He started letting our PITBULL of a team listen to classical music!!

They are hungry because this team has sucked hairless balls for the last 8-years. Other than some of these players being drafted by Sing, what you see is ALL Harbaugh.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Singletary changed V. Davis' attitude... and that's about all he did as HC. He just changed Davis so he won't act like a dumb*** on the field. He failed at everything else.

This
Share 49ersWebzone