LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

In ALL Seriousness, Thank You Coach Singletary!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Coach Harbaugh has received a ton of praise for turning our team around. And yes, he deserves a lot of credit. But I look at our team and I see a bunch of PHYSICAL and HUNGRY players IN THE MOLD OF SINGLETARY.

We may not be talented as some of the super teams but we are playing with TENACITY and HEART. And for this, I can't think of anyone that deserves more credit than Coach Sing. I have a feeling that Sing is watching us on ESPN and feeling mighty proud. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!

PS. Here is what coach Harbaugh did.... He started letting our PITBULL of a team listen to classical music!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • lazy
  • Veteran
uh why?
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I kind of understand what you mean but there is a huge difference between what Sing envisioned and the team Harbaugh sends out every Sunday.
[ Edited by Envy on Oct 15, 2011 at 9:06 AM ]
Originally posted by amigoj49:
Coach Harbaugh has received a ton of praise for turning our team around. And yes, he deserves a lot of credit. But I look at our team and I see a bunch of PHYSICAL and HUNGRY players IN THE MOLD OF SINGLETARY.

We may not be talented as some of the super teams but we are playing with TENACITY and HEART. And for this, I can't think of anyone that deserves more credit than Coach Sing. I have a feeling that Sing is watching us on ESPN and feeling mighty proud. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!

PS. Here is what coach Harbaugh did.... He started letting our PITBULL of a team listen to classical music!!

What the heck?
Good Lord. The only way that Singletary made this team hungry was by being such a terrible coach that he couldn't make the playoffs with a comparably talented squad.
Originally posted by lazy:
uh why?

If you are old enough to have seen how Singletary played the game of football, you'd know what I'm talking about.
uh why?

If you are old enough to have seen how Singletary played the game of football, you'd know what I'm talking about.

I am old enough to have seen him play football, and your point's still absurd. Most of these guys were physical, hungry football players before Sing even got here. The only guy that Sing deserves credit for is Vernon Davis.
Singletary was a good motivator. I'll give him that. He was a complete moron of a head coach. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy ever gets another job as a head coach in the nfl.

Ok, Keyshawn.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
uh why?

I am old enough to have seen him play football, and your point's still absurd. Most of these guys were physical, hungry football players before Sing even got here. The only guy that Sing deserves credit for is Vernon Davis.

Are you kidding me? Before Sing, we were playing like bunch of little girl scouts!!! Sing was no genius, I KNOW... But he made us TOUGH and that is what you still see on the field each Sunday. IMHO
[ Edited by amigoj49 on Oct 15, 2011 at 9:18 AM ]
I am old enough to remember Sing playing and he was great. But as a headcoach he didnt do well and probably never will unless the rules change. When coaches turn him down and it took lots of money to lure a free agent then you know something is wrong. Next year coaches and players are going to WANT to come to the Niners for less money because of Harbaugh and his system. Sing was not a good headcoach but he was a great player and seemed like a good man.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
I am old enough to remember Sing playing and he was great. But as a headcoach he didnt do well and probably never will unless the rules change. When coaches turn him down and it took lots of money to lure a free agent then you know something is wrong. Next year coaches and players are going to WANT to come to the Niners for less money because of Harbaugh and his system. Sing was not a good headcoach but he was a great player and seemed like a good man.

This. Great player, maybe even a better man, but NOT a very good coach (yet anyway).
Misleading thread title. I thought I was going to come in here and read the OP saying thank you to Singletary for sucking so bad that we got Jim Harbaugh.
Share 49ersWebzone