LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Willis and Bowman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now the NFL is scared of us!
how many times did you say this last season, "Nice play Willis!! That was Bowman? DAMN!!!"
can't wait for the season!
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
how many times did you say this last season, "Nice play Willis!! That was Bowman? DAMN!!!"

Never. That is cause I can tell that difference between 53 and 52.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Never. That is cause I can tell that difference between 53 and 52.

You also have X-ray vision to see into piles?

And your peripheral vision is so great you can see a players back at a side angle?

I finalized my thoughts on Bowman being the real deal the second he chased down Michael Vick on 3rd and 3 in the 4th qtr on a tough angle for a shoestring tackle.

Something special brewed that afternoon in Philly! What a performance by Bowman and the team that day.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
teams are screwed against us. They can not go into the middle cuz they get snuffed there, they can not turn the corner and run east west o(or north south, depending on the location of the football field )cuz our linebackers have the speed to run them down, they can not double team both the smith boys.And unlike many teams,, when we have a chance to tackle, we wrap and tackle. Those are little things but the late great ed thomas who was the football coach at Aplington Parkersburg Iowa and who was shot to death by a former player told me many times when I interviewed him for my job,,,, if you do all of the little things well, that will make up the big thing
The only thing that sucks about having this great defense is I have to waste a higher draft pick in my fantasy league to get them now. Last year I used my last pick, can't see that happening this year now that everyone know's how great our Defense is
They're the best and 2nd best ILB's in the league (and #3 probably isn't even close). So how could it even be a question if they're the best ILB tandem in the league? That's like asking if Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are the best SG/SF tandem in the NBA or if Clay Kershaw and Matt Kemp are the best starting pitcher/centerfield tandem in baseball. It's friggin' OBVIOUS.
They are the 'Crockett & Tubbs' of the NFL.

If they stay together it will be one of the best ever
thank god the salary cap is going up and we didnt blow all our cash on manning! Now we can retain bowman.. the 24 year old stud that came out of nowhere and is turning heads on and off the field...Thanks Sing for the best linebacker duo...you werent all bad
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
thank god the salary cap is going up and we didnt blow all our cash on manning! Now we can retain bowman.. the 24 year old stud that came out of nowhere and is turning heads on and off the field...Thanks Sing for the best linebacker duo...you werent all bad

Sing didn't want Willis and he thought Bowman was too small to start. Thank god there were smarter people on board. However I give him a lot of credit for them being so well coached as linebackers
[ Edited by DirtyP on May 31, 2012 at 12:19 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Pat Swilling. Sam "Field Mouse" Mills. Vaughn Johnson. Ricky Jackson. The Dome Patrol.

Aldon Smith. Patrick Willis. NaVorro Bowman. Ahmed Brooks. Insert cool nickname here.

Vic Fangio coached both LB corps. This one has the POTENTIAL to be even better than those Saint LBs. One year, those guys were the starting 4 LBs in the Pro Bowl. WOW.

I don't think Brooks will ever be in a probowl. The other three, however....

I wouldn't sell Brooks and Fangio short on that. Didn't Fangio put all of his LB of the Saint in the ProBowl....

Crazy how hit-miss the pro-bowl is. We had Willis in, alternates were Brooks/Bowman and no Aldon Smith.
I saw the potential right away. I loved Takeo, but honestly I wanted Bowman to start every game his rookie season. Moot point anyway because evidently this did not hold back his development
Share 49ersWebzone