There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Willis and Bowman

  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,029
Now we know why the Cowboys had a 1st round grade on him and would have taken him if Dez wasn't there at 24.
Pat Swilling. Sam "Field Mouse" Mills. Vaughn Johnson. Ricky Jackson. The Dome Patrol.

Aldon Smith. Patrick Willis. NaVorro Bowman. Ahmed Brooks. Insert cool nickname here.

Vic Fangio coached both LB corps. This one has the POTENTIAL to be even better than those Saint LBs. One year, those guys were the starting 4 LBs in the Pro Bowl. WOW.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 19, 2011 at 11:39 AM ]
Originally posted by pd24:
Now we know why the Cowboys had a 1st round grade on him and would have taken him if Dez wasn't there at 24.

i think they had sean lee above bowman.
Best duo in the league by far
Originally posted by susweel:
Are they the best tandem of ILB's in the league ? I cant think of any others who are better.


Also who gets credit for drafting Bowman, Sing or Baalke ?

Didn't Singletary want a "thumper" opposite Willis? So i'd have to say it was all Baalke.
A heads up, Patrick Willis is going to be on ESPN:60 at 5:00 pst, its gonna show him visiting his hometown in Tennessee and for wrestling fans, the descent of Razor Ramon
  • bret
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,135
Originally posted by pd24:
Now we know why the Cowboys had a 1st round grade on him and would have taken him if Dez wasn't there at 24.

Actually, the Cowboys still had a chance to draft him in the 2nd round, but passed on him in favor of Sean Lee (who's also been outstanding, if not quite in Bowman's class).
Originally posted by bret:
Originally posted by pd24:
Now we know why the Cowboys had a 1st round grade on him and would have taken him if Dez wasn't there at 24.

Actually, the Cowboys still had a chance to draft him in the 2nd round, but passed on him in favor of Sean Lee (who's also been outstanding, if not quite in Bowman's class).

Lee is better in pass coverage. Bowman is better tackler across the field.
We all now if P willis keeps up his production with pro bowls and all pro awards he is on a path straight to the HOF. But its also looks like Bowman is playing at an elite level also this guy makes plays everywhere open field FORM tackles on vick and bestthat look routine speak for themselves. IMO not only are they the best linebacker "tandem" they might be the 2 best MLBs in the NFL. Its not normal for both your linebackers in a 3-4 also be 3 down players. I think that is what makes this defense so good.
Has anyone found the ESPN feature from this morning?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829715c8/article/nfl-podium-awards-niners-duo-rules-linebacker-position?module=HP11_cp


them boys good
Originally posted by susweel:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829715c8/article/nfl-podium-awards-niners-duo-rules-linebacker-position?module=HP11_cp


them boys good

Add in Brooks and Aldon Smith..........and be afraid.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Pat Swilling. Sam "Field Mouse" Mills. Vaughn Johnson. Ricky Jackson. The Dome Patrol.

Aldon Smith. Patrick Willis. NaVorro Bowman. Ahmed Brooks. Insert cool nickname here.

Vic Fangio coached both LB corps. This one has the POTENTIAL to be even better than those Saint LBs. One year, those guys were the starting 4 LBs in the Pro Bowl. WOW.

I don't think Brooks will ever be in a probowl. The other three, however....
Silver and Gold.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Pat Swilling. Sam "Field Mouse" Mills. Vaughn Johnson. Ricky Jackson. The Dome Patrol.

Aldon Smith. Patrick Willis. NaVorro Bowman. Ahmed Brooks. Insert cool nickname here.

Vic Fangio coached both LB corps. This one has the POTENTIAL to be even better than those Saint LBs. One year, those guys were the starting 4 LBs in the Pro Bowl. WOW.

I don't think Brooks will ever be in a probowl. The other three, however....

I wouldn't sell Brooks and Fangio short on that. Didn't Fangio put all of his LB of the Saint in the ProBowl....